Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Maloria - What happened. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257848)

Seeya 02-02-2010 07:23 AM

Maloria - What happened.

I have to ask a serious question,

Why is Maloria not just released as it was? It had 80 players a day! I can understand updates, and a good development team working on it, but I really cant understand, why its not just released as if it was- after fixing the market duping glitch; or whatever ruined mal.

Another question;

What made Maloria die?

Liberated 02-02-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeya (Post 1553728)

What made Maloria die?

What made Graal die?

Soala 02-02-2010 02:32 PM

Maloria is just being developed with a complete new vision of gameplay. There are not just updates, but mainly a whole bunch of new features and such.

The things that are left from "old" Maloria are probably weapons now, since there are new spells, a whole new map and a new tileset aswell.

Engine 02-02-2010 04:07 PM

Maloria isn't even maloria anymore ;[.

Crono 02-02-2010 04:26 PM

Maloria's sole purpose was to fill the void Valikorlia had left. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but according to my memory + old screens it didn't always have high playercount and towards it's end it was pretty low.

Dnegel 02-02-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberated (Post 1553733)
What made Graal die?

Still unsolved... :\

Engine 02-02-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1553776)
Maloria's sole purpose was to fill the void Valikorlia had left. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but according to my memory + old screens it didn't always have high playercount and towards it's end it was pretty low.

It was up there with era for quite a bit. The only thing I really liked about maloria is how there wasn't an auto target for pvp so you can't just bash s as you run around in circles and how you can set your stats.

Andre2006 02-02-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberated (Post 1553733)
What made Graal die?

Mostly the new payment thing, who wants to pay for this? and monthly? I dont think so.

xXziroXx 02-02-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Why is Maloria not just released as it was? It had 80 players a day!

The state it was in survived entirely on nation wars, and hardly even that at the end. There'd be no point releasing it as it was, as a lot of things were severely broken and would be even more so now.

Quote:

I can understand updates, and a good development team working on it, but I really cant understand, why its not just released as if it was- after fixing the market duping glitch; or whatever ruined mal.

As always, ignorant players make it sound so extremely easy. I experienced the downfall of Maloria at first seat, and there's only a handful of other people who know exactly what happened. To be honest, Maloria's gameplay was extremely ****ty overall and wouldn't last long at all today.

Quote:

What made Maloria die?

Honestly? Me, ShadowBlaze and Gambet did. Me and ShadowBlaze despised Gambet, so when Mania promoted him to Dev Admin because he couldn't stand his constant *****ing, he started turning the server into his ****ty vision of it (same thing he later on did to Zodiac after failing on Maloria). Me and ShadowBlaze didn't want to fall behind, so we too started releasing lot's of advanced updates in form of systems and items. It became an evil circle that drove the players away (we had ruined the one part that was fun - PvP - and had nothing left to attract players) and Gambet then quit. Me and ShadowBlaze tried a lot of things to revert the harm caused, but ultimately Maniaman made the call to remove the main server in order to finish v3 and come back with a bang... which ended up with a handful of different new managements and even more development restarts. To this date since then, the current team has kept going strongest and with most dedication than any of the previous ones.

Crono 02-02-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 1553789)
It was up there with era for quite a bit. The only thing I really liked about maloria is how there wasn't an auto target for pvp so you can't just bash s as you run around in circles and how you can set your stats.

Yeah, so was Val, Babylon, and even Delteria. And Era? Lol please, Era was second place for a long time between 2003 and 2007.

GoldLust 02-02-2010 08:51 PM

I never wondered whay that happened to maloria O.o

Engine 02-02-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1553813)
Yeah, so was Val, Babylon, and even Delteria. And Era? Lol please, Era was second place for a long time between 2003 and 2007.

I cannot remember Maloria every getting to 150+ playercount which is why I didn't compare it to UN.

Seeya 02-02-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1553803)
\
Honestly? Me, ShadowBlaze and Gambet did..

That leaves me with one question, why are you charge of maloria development?

I know for a fact, if we pulled up the final backups, to before the high-speed-katanas that owned everyone, the duping, the ****ty overpowered gear, all of that, fixed nations a bit, added a few quests, we'd have a solid 50 players a day.

From there, you can do weekly updates to make it BETTER, as i stated earlier.

We dont want a new gmap, or any of the terrible updates youve done, we just want Maloria back. Updates would be incredible, but for now, your just wasting time.

I've talked to several people about this, what MAL used to be, is not what mal is now, so please- if your going to continue making terrible decisions on updates, you can atleast do us the favor of not stealing our attention, and putting up our hopes, and rename the server.

coreys 02-02-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 1553775)
Maloria isn't even maloria anymore ;[.

^ this
They copied Zodiac. And Zodiac copied Maloria before that.
I sense a time-space continuum rift in our future.

In any case, Ziro is right, trying to put the old content back up is not a viable or smart decision, except I'd say it is the fault of many more people than that that Maloria went under.

Crono 02-03-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine (Post 1553829)
I cannot remember Maloria every getting to 150+ playercount which is why I didn't compare it to UN.

Fair enough. :]