Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random levels that I've made in the past four months (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134264042)

fatcat123 07-31-2011 06:32 PM

(Era) Random levels that I've made in the past four months

17 Attachment(s)
I don't have much to say to be honest. I hope you like the levels & I'll take any feedback. Keep in mind, I've found a few errors that I didn't bother fixing because they aren't really noticeable. Also, if you dislike the levels, I could careless. (Some of these levels are a few months old, but most are recent) Thank you ^^

Tricxta 07-31-2011 11:29 PM

Wow, these levels are done pretty well. The only criticism I have is screenshots 3,4 and 9.
This is just because of how the levels are laid out and look boring and ugly. For example with the beach level (screenshot 4) that grass hook kind of design should be made more subtle. Where as in the other beach level (screenshot 9) there's not enough interest in the level.

The same kind of goes for screenshot 3. It definitely does not look like a hat shop and that mass of green just makes it look terrible.

Other then that I love the shape of most of your buildings. I really do hope to see most of these get on to era. Good luck!

Geno 08-01-2011 12:08 AM

yeah the beach levels need some work, try something different in the areas where the water meets the sand and the sand meets grass...the way they are now just seem awkward

Supaman771 08-01-2011 12:38 AM

The second one is the only one I actually liked, and took a second look at.
But still through that you could use a little more creativity in the level itself. Without the images the level should still look good, I don't see that happening with fill tool floors and mundane outlines showing off a lack of creativity or time detailing. (This is the same throughout most of the inside levels)

Keep honing your skills, and adapt your own style. I see a total change in styling between levels. Nothing that would make me think 'Oh, Doc made this!' if I should ever see it used somewhere.

ff7chocoboknight 08-01-2011 02:17 AM

All but the last two levels are too large and open.

fatcat123 08-01-2011 05:48 AM

Perhaps you guys didn't get the picture- the beaches are suppose to be plain, old beaches. I'll admit they could have more detailing where the water meets the sand, but than again; the beaches were some of the first levels I created with Era's tile set... Notice the first one has the Windows 7 GUI.? I made that a while ago...
Not sure why I'm getting criticism when I asked you not to do it.:confused:
In all honestly, I basically put these up here because I don't think I'll be leveling anymore. Although I find it fun creating levels,~, if they're made for no reason, what's the point?

iBeatz 08-01-2011 12:47 PM

I don't know why you'd want to quit leveling for that reason. Find a server, get hired there (which I doubt you will have no trouble doing with those levels), and stick them on the server.
Those levels are great. I have no criticisms except that some of the grass tiles in one or two of the levels is just one big, bland green patch, but that could be easily fixed.
If you're going to continue leveling, keep up the good work. :)

fatcat123 08-01-2011 03:57 PM

I hardly log on anymore because there's nothing for me to do. When I do log on, I either idle on the Start Menu or I idle at unstick me on Era. x_x

Although I like leveling, I'm NOT going to work on any non-Player World servers. I don't like leveling with the pics1.png tile set because I grew up on Era, so I only level with modern tile sets.

There is no point what-so-ever for creating levels that won't get used in game. Yes, it's fun..., but hanging-out with friends playing COD is even more fun. I'll be honest, If I had the chance to work for iEra or Era, I'd take it. I'm not going to try anymore though. If I had to choose between having a life or creating a bunch of levels in a temped to get hire, I would choose having a life.

papajchris 08-01-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat123 (Post 1661038)
Perhaps you guys didn't get the picture- the beaches are suppose to be plain, old beaches. I'll admit they could have more detailing where the water meets the sand, but than again; the beaches were some of the first levels I created with Era's tile set... Notice the first one has the Windows 7 GUI.? I made that a while ago...
In all honestly, I basically put these up here because I don't think I'll be leveling anymore. Although I find it fun creating levels,~, if they're made for no reason, what's the point?

You asked for feedback in your original post...

Supaman771 08-01-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Don't post on the forums then.

fatcat123 08-01-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1661097)
Don't post on the forums then.

:rolleyes: you make your levels huge just like Mesh. i wouldn't be talking, rogue :cool:
Rogue's levels: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134263227

ff7chocoboknight 08-02-2011 01:36 AM

I hate uselessly massive inside levels. They don't look good.

Dr_Doctor 08-02-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Whats the problem with criticism?

JesusFreak250 08-02-2011 10:55 AM

i quite like these levels :o

fatcat123 08-02-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor (Post 1661178)
Whats the problem with criticism?

I hate how certain people criticize someones work, but they can't do any better. Keep in mind, these levels were to show what I could do. I made them for an application; I wasn't going to make some little tiny level.. btw nice account name ;)