Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal iPhone/iPod: Will be released on Apple AppStore! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80418)

excaliber7388 07-25-2008 09:22 AM

You can trust me! :p

... Actually, you probably could. I do have the iPod/iPhone SDk and xcode installed, as well as an iPod Touch. Haven't done much with it, but it would be easier for me to locate bugs.

pooper200000 07-25-2008 01:07 PM

So is this actually in the apple store yet or are they still improving it?

cbk1994 07-25-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1408229)
So is this actually in the apple store yet or are they still improving it?

My guess is it has been tossed into the same pile as "flying technology".

Switch 07-25-2008 07:05 PM

It's actually still being worked on.
Dan's working on the mission generators, and without it, the game can't be launched.
That, as well as graphics/scripts/whatnot is still being done.
It hasn't really been "tested" yet as far as I know, and with Stefan on vacation now, he can't really add all of Dan's stuff to the iPhone server...

Vulcan 07-29-2008 10:06 AM

Graal Zone and Graal Zone+ now seem to be public on iTunes Application Store. :)

xAzerothx 07-29-2008 06:44 PM

I downloaded it, now how do I delete it? Its terrible.

cbk1994 07-29-2008 06:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 45408

Here's the main screen. You can see that guy obviously is up to no good.

Attachment 45409

Unstick me, anyone (not me, the guy on the wall)? Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to talk, which is a major disappointment.

Now I left the PvP game and went onto Zone Missions.

Attachment 45406

Well, I'm doing a HARD MISSION.

Attachment 45407

I failed :cry:

Overall, I don't like it. I can't talk, the battlegrounds are closed, I can't set my name, etc. No way I'm buying Zone +. I may, however, once I see the battlegrounds.

Rufus 07-29-2008 06:53 PM

Icon on the store isn't very fitting.

cbk1994 07-29-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1409554)
Icon on the store isn't very fitting.

It's the icon used for the Mac version of Graal, but I agree, it doesn't really fit.

Elk 07-29-2008 07:00 PM

Haev you seen my Mission complete screen? MAKE A PIC OF IT PLEASE
i wanna see how it loks like :O

xAzerothx 07-29-2008 08:32 PM

Thank god I was able to delete it.

Vulcan 07-30-2008 02:33 AM

What are some of the things you don't like/would like to see improved on it?

Rufus 07-30-2008 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 1409670)
What are some of the things you don't like/would like to see improved on it?

It needs better graphics, to be honest.

Shadow5596321 07-30-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1409675)
It needs better graphics, to be honest.

You know that can't happen!

I say the fix the controls. Very buggy, It doesn't respone well. It says i have no connection when i do, Overall. I say it sucks.

xAzerothx 07-30-2008 03:06 AM

To be honest I didn't even play it. The loading times, ugh.

cbk1994 07-30-2008 03:07 AM

I agree, the accelerometer controls are horrible. Some games it works perfectly (Super Monkey Ball ^^), so it is definitely Graal.

excaliber7388 07-30-2008 06:51 AM

Oh my god.
This game is far from finished.
Complaints:
-Controls are atrocious. There should be options, or at least calibration.
-Takes a while to load
-Glitchy

It shows some potential, but it's not done yet.
I took some better screenshots with xcode, but it's really not worth it to post it.

Switch 07-30-2008 07:06 AM

Accelerometer has to be less intense... You can barely stand still!

oo_jazz_oo 07-30-2008 07:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow....we waited this long...for this!? Omg, i dont even know where to start...I am very dissapointed in this. =/
The controls are horrible, the lag....oh god the lag.
I tilt the thing up and he barely walks, then suddenly takes off running, then slowly crawls, then goes really fast....wtf?
The attacking is just....awefull.
I dont know what else to say...
Screenshots anyone? ^_^ (On the first pic...snow on the crates...inside...makes so much sense)

Admins 07-31-2008 01:16 AM

There is snow on the crates because it's the dropship for the snow map, people are warping there with snow on their shoes... The same as on normal Zone Iricia map :D

Apple was rejecting Graal Zone, so we were focussing on improving the card games, then they suddenly approved Zone... We were working on several different movement methods, will try to replace/make it an option what you can use. The official launch party for the multiplayer map will be on August 10 (if everything runs as planned this time).

Switch 07-31-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1410112)
Apple was rejecting Graal Zone, so we were focussing on improving the card games, then they suddenly approved Zone... We were working on several different movement methods, will try to replace/make it an option what you can use.

Or less intensity !pissed!
Quote:

The official launch party for the multiplayer map will be on August 10 (if everything runs as planned this time).
Then why does it say "Friday" and "this weekend"? :p

cbk1994 07-31-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

There is snow on the crates because it's the dropship for the snow map, people are warping there with snow on their shoes... The same as on normal Zone Iricia map :D

Apple was rejecting Graal Zone, so we were focussing on improving the card games, then they suddenly approved Zone... We were working on several different movement methods, will try to replace/make it an option what you can use. The official launch party for the multiplayer map will be on August 10 (if everything runs as planned this time).

Can you make it possible to talk? x_x

Shadow5596321 07-31-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1410114)
Can you make it possible to talk? x_x

That would be nice.

xAzerothx 07-31-2008 02:34 AM

The games from the Games world would be pretty nice.

excaliber7388 07-31-2008 03:13 AM

Quote:

Don't forget multi-touch. Also, you can put a little "i" in the corner, allowing the menu to flip for options. Pause by a motion maybe? Tap anywhere to shoot, switch weapons with a gesture or menu pull down? Something. Tap anywhere but the player (as tapping yourself would pull up a keyboard for typing.
Also, calibration is very important.

grawlgamer 07-31-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1404829)
Pay for both an xbox live account and a graal account?
Must be nice to have all that cash. :p

Actually you don't need xbox live to buy an arcade game, or play it, unless its against other people, and if they made it free it would possibly draw in players, and if it had a cost it still wouldn't require live, just microsoft points.

Spark910 07-31-2008 05:15 PM

I love the cynical graal player's review on the store, compared to everyone else who is impressed - as they should be with what is there.

I personally would prefer it if there were directional buttons to press (could have up and down on one side, and left and right on the other) because I'm not a big fan of tilting.

Perhaps tilting could be used for other things, such as away from you to fire/shoot, to the left or right to show scores or something else.

I think something as important as movement should be kept simple with buttons!

excaliber7388 07-31-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark910 (Post 1410248)
I love the cynical graal player's review on the store, compared to everyone else who is impressed - as they should be with what is there.

I personally would prefer it if there were directional buttons to press (could have up and down on one side, and left and right on the other) because I'm not a big fan of tilting.

Perhaps tilting could be used for other things, such as away from you to fire/shoot, to the left or right to show scores or something else.

I think something as important as movement should be kept simple with buttons!

If the tilt was calibrated, it wouldn't be so bad. There needs to be an option to use a calibrated motion sensor, or buttons, as you said.
I'm actually looking at it not from a graal player's perspective, but from someone who has a lot of iPod apps :p

Spark910 07-31-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1410277)
If the tilt was calibrated, it wouldn't be so bad. There needs to be an option to use a calibrated motion sensor, or buttons, as you said.
I'm actually looking at it not from a graal player's perspective, but from someone who has a lot of iPod apps :p

My only issue is it is annoying to rotate, especially if you are in a surrounding where light is either not good or constantly changing.

zwr 07-31-2008 10:26 PM

I want to try too =(
the store only shows zone+ for me and won't even let me buy it :(

Shadow5596321 07-31-2008 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zwr (Post 1410323)
I want to try too =(
the store only shows zone+ for me and won't even let me buy it :(

Rofl! iTunes removed both of them from the store but you can still access the plus version xD

xAzerothx 07-31-2008 10:54 PM

Lol, they did remove it!

wild8900 08-01-2008 06:53 PM

>:( I WANT MY GRAAL IPHONE SOMETIME SOON. Been waiting a while ._.
Actually forget Zone, I wanna play UN on my iPhone. Who cares about movement, just let me idle, chat, and pm.

excaliber7388 08-01-2008 07:10 PM

Did Apple remove it, or did Stefan take it down?

Spark910 08-02-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1410535)
Did Apple remove it, or did Stefan take it down?

I imagine Apple removed it, probably because of their "apple added this online before we were ready, real launch on aug 10th" message - they dont want customers using incomplete apps, or developers demanding they get the same treatment (which esentially could be seen as a public beta).

Admins 08-05-2008 06:08 PM

We have requested the temporary removal because we were not prepared since they wrote two times that it will not be approved, and I was even on vacation.

excaliber7388 08-05-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark910 (Post 1410646)
I imagine Apple removed it, probably because of their "apple added this online before we were ready, real launch on aug 10th" message - they dont want customers using incomplete apps, or developers demanding they get the same treatment (which esentially could be seen as a public beta).

Something tells me that's a blatant lie.
I realy don't think Apple would have just randomly taken their app, which was still in development, and hosted it. :\
Sounds like CJ is tossing the blame around, again.

Spark910 08-05-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1411576)
Something tells me that's a blatant lie.
I realy don't think Apple would have just randomly taken their app, which was still in development, and hosted it. :\
Sounds like CJ is tossing the blame around, again.

What, why are you so pessimistic? The only reason, I believe, it wasn't put up originally was that it didn't meet certain quality standards? Perhaps they changed their mind about that, or a staff made an error?

How else do you propose the app got online, without Apple willingly putting it online, mistaken or otherwise? CJ clearly don't have the powers to just put it online, otherwise it'd have been online when it was supposed to be. Apple said it wouldn't be online in its current state, so CJ started developing it more, apple put it online (mistaken or otherwise) and CJ put a note up saying they are fixing certain elements so that players don't judge it as it is, then apple remove it (apparently after request from CJ, while they make the changes). I don't see an issue with those facts.

excaliber7388 08-05-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark910 (Post 1411578)
What, why are you so pessimistic? The only reason, I believe, it wasn't put up originally was that it didn't meet certain quality standards? Perhaps they changed their mind about that, or a staff made an error?

How else do you propose the app got online, without Apple willingly putting it online, mistaken or otherwise? CJ clearly don't have the powers to just put it online, otherwise it'd have been online when it was supposed to be. Apple said it wouldn't be online in its current state, so CJ started developing it more, apple put it online (mistaken or otherwise) and CJ put a note up saying they are fixing certain elements so that players don't judge it as it is, then apple remove it (apparently after request from CJ, while they make the changes). I don't see an issue with those facts.

Apple will put an app online after:
1) It's been made
2) It's been sent to them
3) It's been reviewed
4) Finally, it's released on the date the developer has requested.

They're just saying this because no one was happy with how it was, and they're taking it back.
It's just like every other software release they've done.

Spark910 08-05-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1411579)
Apple will put an app online after:
1) It's been made
2) It's been sent to them
3) It's been reviewed
4) Finally, it's released on the date the developer has requested.

They're just saying this because no one was happy with how it was, and they're taking it back.
It's just like every other software release they've done.

The reviews on the store seem to give positive comments? Other than the one clearly from a Graal player that is either you or someone with a similar outlook on Graal as yourself!

I'm just thinking it'd surely be online when they said it would have been if it passed the review on day 1? Or even if it didn't, I'd assume that it would have been online quicker than it was - which suggests some control by Apple over its delay.