Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   PC is dead. Will it ever.... (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269992)

Cubical 06-09-2015 09:56 AM

i vote for more restrictions but at the same time even less restrictions

scriptless 06-09-2015 10:04 AM

I've always said don't blame the restrictions.GK Goes from 80 players a day where trials got reset all items and stats wiped every time they disconnected.. To everything is free to a certain level. And the player count goes from 80... to 8.. lol Also noticed that the average player level went from 40 to 110.. but still. Every update I see on a server is just another attempt to reinvent the wheel. (okay guys lets make this dungeon better then ever).. It's a dungeon and I'm 110.. o.O I logged on to see the ice boss in the new dungeon on gk.. not log on to actually fight him.. just seeing I'm was pretty cool. Almost felt like a true story. or at least 0.01% more.

Theres only really 3 things staff on graal focus on. Level up, Get items, and Community Ecosystem. Problem is I don't even know why I am leveling up.. to fight other people? oh sorry I'm playing the wrong game then because id rather do that in 3d.

Draenin 06-09-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1736654)
I've always said don't blame the restrictions.GK Goes from 80 players a day where trials got reset all items and stats wiped every time they disconnected..

There were a lot of poor decisions made between when GK had 80+ players on average and what it has now. It didn't happen overnight.

There have been a lot of factors that kind of ran the server into the ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless
To everything is free to a certain level. And the player count goes from 80... to 8.. lol Also noticed that the average player level went from 40 to 110.. but still.

Theres only really 3 things staff on graal focus on. Level up, Get items, and Community Ecosystem. Problem is I don't even know why I am leveling up.. to fight other people? oh sorry I'm playing the wrong game then because id rather do that in 3d.

Wouldn't be such a problem if GK was built to actually have anything to do at max level.

fowlplay4 06-09-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1736651)

i'll never forgot stefan's last words to me as he left to on his pilgrimage to defeat Sin.

"call them subscription benefits not restrictions"

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 06-09-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1736651)

i vote for a restriction on restrictions!

Kamaeru 06-11-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1736655)
There were a lot of poor decisions made between when GK had 80+ players on average and what it has now. It didn't happen overnight.

There have been a lot of factors that kind of ran the server into the ground.

Wouldn't be such a problem if GK was built to actually have anything to do at max level.

2k2 was a mistake.

I remember day 1, it was a completely different game. It was going to be way sweeter. They should have stuck with the initial vision.

PhantosP2P 06-23-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1736642)
No. Everybody said that Graal PC would be saved once observer mode was removed and the forums became free. Those things happened, a few people blinked.

I think it's time to make iOS servers accessible via the client.

Observer being removed helped change our community for the better on Valikorlia, and it put the onus on us for getting people interested. Advertising the core PC client is GraalOnline's job, but our FREE server is ours to bring to the attention of the masses. That reddit thread worked for a nostalgia bump for us but it wasn't the savior of the community. Nor was it really ever expected to be, at least not by us.

Still, our management team feels like we're in limbo right now. No one thinks to even check these forums for up to date information. We're not exactly approached for input on things like "Playerworld Server Requirements" with stealth updates made in January 15 for a thread made in 09.

Not having any input whatsoever makes us feel little better than players with an unpaid internship. We don't know how much it costs GraalOnline to host us, nor are we considered people who should know or be worried/interested/invested. Half of my 30 years spent working here and I know so little.

I am eagerly awaiting the day that the GraalOnline reps tell us that we're going to be FB accessible. When that day comes, I'm not going to stand for periods of inactivity or "poor" looking front-ends. If PC is dead and it gets another shock with the paddles, it'll be on us for it staying dead.

But I want a shock, not a shot in the arm.

MysticalDragon 06-23-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantosP2P (Post 1736853)
Observer being removed helped change our community for the better on Valikorlia, and it put the onus on us for getting people interested. Advertising the core PC client is GraalOnline's job, but our FREE server is ours to bring to the attention of the masses. That reddit thread worked for a nostalgia bump for us but it wasn't the savior of the community. Nor was it really ever expected to be, at least not by us.

Still, our management team feels like we're in limbo right now. No one thinks to even check these forums for up to date information. We're not exactly approached for input on things like "Playerworld Server Requirements" with stealth updates made in January 15 for a thread made in 09.

Not having any input whatsoever makes us feel little better than players with an unpaid internship. We don't know how much it costs GraalOnline to host us, nor are we considered people who should know or be worried/interested/invested. Half of my 30 years spent working here and I know so little.

I am eagerly awaiting the day that the GraalOnline reps tell us that we're going to be FB accessible. When that day comes, I'm not going to stand for periods of inactivity or "poor" looking front-ends. If PC is dead and it gets another shock with the paddles, it'll be on us for it staying dead.

But I want a shock, not a shot in the arm.

Weird, i drop by valikorlia from time to time, and everyone is afk. Like i explained to the administration there 6 months ago, i would love to see valikorlia go to facebook. There really is no set in stone requirements, we accomplished it with delteria. Your team just needs to take the initiative a show your interested in heading the fb route.

PhantosP2P 06-23-2015 05:35 PM

Do you have any sort of guideline or requirements or any documentation whatsoever for what is required to be properly seen as showing "initiative"?

MysticalDragon 06-23-2015 08:11 PM

Pretty much small amount to no timeouts, facebook client cant handle them. Only one transition at a time when using particle effects, when you use more then one the particles don't render on facebook. Thats pretty much it besides you need to adjust your systems for full screen mode. Creativity is a plus but valikorlia already has that.

Cubical 06-24-2015 10:21 AM

Can I make a server that is solely about mining and get it on Facebook? The goal would be to mine more rocks than anyone else. You will also be able to steal other players rocks.

Darugo 07-03-2015 03:20 AM

I'm kind of out the loop... so the PC client is not merged with any other client? Who works on the game currently?

shrimps 07-03-2015 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darugo (Post 1736961)
I'm kind of out the loop... so the PC client is not merged with any other client? Who works on the game currently?

For the players by the players.

Tim_Rocks 07-03-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darugo (Post 1736961)

The client should be open source.

Elk 07-04-2015 05:12 AM

id be willing to develop for $$$

nn showcase/publicity