Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   notification (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80608)

Elizabeth 07-19-2008 06:50 PM

notification

it'd be nice if there was a notification for the new forum stuff, like if someone was requesting to join your guild or someone requested friendship. or commented on your photo, there could be like a little section next to the private messages that would show the number of notifications you have, just like how when you get a pm therell be a little 1 bolded.

Elizabeth 07-20-2008 05:04 PM

bump?

Crow 07-20-2008 05:23 PM

Theres already a notification for friendship requests in the User CP, at the top. Other stuff would be useful I guess, yea.

Elizabeth 07-20-2008 05:27 PM

if it showed on every page, like how it does when you get a pm. theres a little number thats there on EVERY page you go on that says you have 1

Darlene159 07-20-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1405818)
if it showed on every page, like how it does when you get a pm. theres a little number thats there on EVERY page you go on that says you have 1

I see no need for it to show on every page. In the user CP, maybe.
I know it shows when you have been invited to a group, and friendship requests...not sure what other stuff pops up.

kia345 07-20-2008 05:55 PM

It would be better if it showed up in the top right where it displays your PMs. I rarely check my User CP, but I look in the corner for PMs daily, I'm sure other people do the same.

Darlene159 07-20-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1405829)
It would be better if it showed up in the top right where it displays your PMs. I rarely check my User CP, but I look in the corner for PMs daily, I'm sure other people do the same.

Well, there are reasons now to view the user cp, or you might miss something ;)

Elizabeth 07-20-2008 06:04 PM

but for those who would rather not go to a whole new page when you could see it on every page right next to your PMs, its a good idea. im not going to leave what im doing just to see no notifications in my CP

Skyld 07-20-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1405834)
but for those who would rather not go to a whole new page when you could see it on every page right next to your PMs, its a good idea. im not going to leave what im doing just to see no notifications in my CP

Nobody said you had to leave what you were doing. Ironically the computer you are using is capable of running more than one browser window or tab at a given time.

Darlene159 07-20-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1405838)
Nobody said you had to leave what you were doing. Ironically the computer you are using is capable of running more than one browser window or tab at a given time.

Exactly. I do that all the time. Tabs are my friend. :)

kia345 07-20-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1405831)
Well, there are reasons now to view the user cp, or you might miss something ;)

God forbid things be made easier and more user friendly/upfront!

Darlene159 07-20-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1405843)
God forbid things be made easier and more user friendly/upfront!

......and God forbid members might have to click an extra time to see something, and not have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Works both ways.

You cant have everything you ask for.

kia345 07-20-2008 06:34 PM

Darlene, you're seriously the most backwards person I've ever talked to. You think just because something is "fine", it shouldn't improved or changed. You fall perfectly into the stereotype of "stubborn old person".

Tell me, how much bad would from having a little notification to alert of friend requests, page comments, group invitations, etc, etc, etc?

And now tell me, try hard now, imagine you were popular and liked on these forums, and used to getting those things, you'd have to check the User CP all the time to see them, as opposed to having whether you have any or not displayed in the top right corner.

Stephen 07-20-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1405844)
......and God forbid members might have to click an extra time to see something, and not have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Works both ways.

You cant have everything you ask for.

You should become a programmer; you sound exactly like one.

Darlene159 07-20-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1405846)
Tell me, how much bad would from having a little notification to alert of friend requests, page comments, group invitations, etc, etc, etc?

No bad. How much bad would come from leaving it the way it is?
Just because my opinion is different from yours, doesnt make any opinion bad, unless you start to insult the other person, of course.

Quote:

And now tell me, try hard now, imagine you were popular and liked on these forums, and used to getting those things, you'd have to check the User CP all the time to see them, as opposed to having whether you have any or not displayed in the top right corner.
I always have stuff going on in my cp, and check it several times a day. I dont find it difficult at all, or even too time consuming. I enjoy it actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1405847)
You should become a programmer; you sound exactly like one.

:D