Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   notification..? please ? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81851)

Elizabeth 09-15-2008 08:42 PM

notification..? please ?

it would be REALLY nice if there was a notification for when you had a new rep or visitor message..

see at the "user panel" button i put a (1) example, except the font would be normal.

please?

Darlene159 09-15-2008 09:00 PM

It's like one click to see your rep.

Elizabeth 09-15-2008 09:07 PM

and it could be zero clicks.

one click to see that you have NO new anything?

thats like not having the notifications for inbox messages.
"it's like one click to see if you have any new inbox messages"

and inbox messages are probably used less than reps & wall messages.

Darlene159 09-15-2008 09:46 PM

Well, I believe you have to go into the CP to do all kinds of other stuff. I believe that is where the notifications for friend requests are.
You have to go into the CP to go to the Social Groups, and see profile messages, and to make any changes for the forums.
I dont see the point

Elizabeth 09-15-2008 09:59 PM

you ALSO have to go into the inbox to make a new message, read messages, or read sent messages.

why would they put notfications for something that has much less things to do than usercp?

you'd think that they'd put notifications for something that you can do much more in, so that you wouldn't have to go through everything to see if something is new.

also, to view your social group you have to go into the user cp. what if someone replies to your post and you don't find out till weeks later, because no one took the time to notify you?

Darlene159 09-15-2008 10:13 PM

Wouldnt kill you to click on the user cp once when you are on to see messages, really.

Crono1508 09-15-2008 10:30 PM

Not necessary, as stated above, its one click away... "Oh my god! "

DarkReaper0 09-16-2008 12:52 AM

No, but it certainly wouldn't kill anyone to add a (1) to User CP.

"Oh My God it's so much work!"

LoneAngelIbesu 09-16-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReaper0 (Post 1423849)

It's not exactly easy to modify vBulletin. It's an extremely complex PHP/MySQL script. True, you could probably isolate where PM notification is scripted (assuming it's in one place), then figure out how reputation and visitor messages work, and then find a way to implement PM notification for reputation and visitor messages. But, that's also assuming that reputation and visitor messages are written in a way where notifications are easily possible. You guys have to remember that GraalOnline didn't script this forum, the reputations, visitor messages, blogs, etc. They were all scripted by people, who are intimately knowledgeable of vBulletin's cores, that spent days upon days (sometimes weeks, depending on the objective) working things in to a vBulletin.

Long story short: something that is trivial -- like adding a number next to "User CP" -- isn't always easy.

Skyld 09-16-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1423767)
and it could be zero clicks.

one click to see that you have NO new anything?

thats like not having the notifications for inbox messages.
"it's like one click to see if you have any new inbox messages"

and inbox messages are probably used less than reps & wall messages.

Tell your suggestions to the vBulletin developer team. The moderators or admins here cannot edit the vBulletin code that much since it is quite strictly licensed and possibly even encoded by Zend Optimiser, so there's nothing that anyone here can do to bring your suggestions to light, so please stop posting these threads.

Tigairius 09-16-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1423862)
Tell your suggestions to the vBulletin developer team. The moderators or admins here cannot edit the vBulletin code that much since it is quite strictly licensed and possibly even encoded by Zend Optimiser, so there's nothing that anyone here can do to bring your suggestions to light, so please stop posting these threads.

Thought about posting this, but he beat me to it :cool:

Darlene159 09-16-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReaper0 (Post 1423849)

It's a lot easier for members to click the user cp, then it is to edit code to put that one there, if it can even be done

Nataxo 09-16-2008 04:08 PM

I agree with lizzy.

Nataxo 09-16-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1423864)
if it can even be done

Stefan knws magic tricks to make this happen in less than 30 seconds,rlly.

DarkRenji 09-16-2008 04:11 PM

Ok so its a little work for one person to make the (1) to see new rep and such

or thats all the members having to click to check...