Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   staff massing (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85614)

Frankie 05-17-2009 04:58 PM

staff massing

the amount of people who abuse their FAQ and ET tag to mass message buying/selling advertisements has really gotten out of hand recently.

there's even one person right now advertising PPA contracts while on ET tag. these people should be punished or have their tag removed.

cbk1994 05-17-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1491966)
the amount of people who abuse their FAQ and ET tag to mass message buying/selling advertisements has really gotten out of hand recently.

there's even one person right now advertising PPA contracts while on ET tag. these people should be punished or have their tag removed.

Right now there is a script that will alert RC whenever a staff masses on tag. I'll look through the logs of mass messages we keep and let them know. We normally speak with players as soon as they mass message.

But, I really don't buy the excuse that they "thought they weren't on ET tag".

Someone used that during a spar tourney once.
  • :seats
  • :in *click*
  • :start
  • <Mass Message: SELLING: 5x whatevers>
  • "oops forgot I was on tag ^___^"

Stephen 05-17-2009 08:28 PM

On GK if you send a PM which abuses the swear filter it will not be sent. If you can detect that a mass is being sent, you should be able to prevent it from being sent while they're on staff tag.

This way you give them a staff mass message tool, and if they abuse it you have legitimate reason to punish them.

DuBsTeRmAn 05-17-2009 08:30 PM

Ye its annoying :O

cbk1994 05-17-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1492028)
On GK if you send a PM which abuses the swear filter it will not be sent. If you can detect that a mass is being sent, you should be able to prevent it from being sent while they're on staff tag.

No, it's not possible. That's part of the default swear filter, which is not flexible enough to allow you to add checks like that.
Quote:

This way you give them a staff mass message tool, and if they abuse it you have legitimate reason to punish them.
Also not possible, PMs can only be sent using certain GUI controls, and it would go through the same process as a normal PM being sent, it just might look different.

Frankie 05-17-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1492010)
Right now there is a script that will alert RC whenever a staff masses on tag. I'll look through the logs of mass messages we keep and let them know. We normally speak with players as soon as they mass message.

But, I really don't buy the excuse that they "thought they weren't on ET tag".

Someone used that during a spar tourney once.
  • :start
  • <Mass Message: SELLING: 5x whatevers>
  • "oops forgot I was on tag ^___^"

haha yeah.

*mass message*

OOPS I FORGOT!

I like the people that do something like:

"SELLING ---

OH BTW ANSWERING QUESTIONS :D"

Frankie9011 05-18-2009 01:23 AM

Alex *Cadet* (GP) (Sun May 17 17:10:59 2009):
Mass message:
offers on shipka

UnKnown Confusion *Trial* (Events Team) (Sun May 17 19:04:11 2009):
Mass message:
PPA is currently accepting contracts just type in /ppa or come down to our headquarters and hire an agent today.

Selling large sr house for dual deagles+something good.

Sigma (FAQ) (Mon May 11 22:04:16 2009):
Mass message:
Taking offers on MT

Just a few examples.

CharlieM 05-18-2009 03:36 AM

It's not always intentional to mass on tag, since it does the mass as a tag mass if you log on before someones clicked the bubble. It's stupid that FAQ's aren't allowed to mass because believe it or not the players that need the most help are the ones that don't know to check for FAQ. Surprise Surprise.

TSAdmin 05-18-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Sigma (FAQ) (Mon May 18 12:21:33 2009):
Mass message:
PM me if you own a souizen
Just got that one. I've not been on Era long enough these days to know exactly what a Souizen is, but I figure it's not something that will answer questions a newbie might have.

CharlieM 05-18-2009 04:15 AM

Its tachis current gang gun, there's only 5 tho so not sure where he planned to get one

cbk1994 05-18-2009 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieM (Post 1492106)
It's not always intentional to mass on tag, since it does the mass as a tag mass if you log on before someones clicked the bubble. It's stupid that FAQ's aren't allowed to mass because believe it or not the players that need the most help are the ones that don't know to check for FAQ. Surprise Surprise.

Eventually I'd like to have some kind of training course for new players that would teach them the basics. I think that would be a lot more beneficial than a group of FAQs, since, as you said, people don't know who to contact. That's not to say we should get rid of FAQs at all, though.

It's alright if you mass on tag, but it needs to be related to your job. The only time we've been disconnecting people is when it's not related because they're just spamming all the other players who may have disabled mass PMs. It's already annoying enough reading PMs from the few RC staff that send masses like that.

CharlieM 05-18-2009 12:09 PM

Okay, well it's changed then when angel was dev admin if you massed more then one time even if it was completely related you were going to be fired.

Aldaris 05-18-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1492107)
Just got that one. I've not been on Era long enough these days to know exactly what a Souizen is, but I figure it's not something that will answer questions a newbie might have.

I believe he sent that message because Tachi is getting a new gun, and he wanted to collect all of the old ones and replace them with the new one.

I'm not sure how true this is, but when he sent the message both he and Motive were located at era_meph-duel, and that is usually where new guns get tested.

TSAdmin 05-18-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldaris (Post 1492146)
I believe he sent that message because Tachi is getting a new gun, and he wanted to collect all of the old ones and replace them with the new one.

I'm not sure how true this is, but when he sent the message both he and Motive were located at era_meph-duel, and that is usually where new guns get tested.

I imagine there's a Guns Admin for testing. "Testing" is quite a leap for a non-Dev staff.

CharlieM 05-18-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1492152)
I imagine there's a Guns Admin for testing. "Testing" is quite a leap for a non-Dev staff.

well meph is masas brother and masa is the gun admin, and motive made the new gun and leads tachi, I think motive made the souzen not sure...