Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Transportation & Custom Projectiles (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134263244)

ffcmike 05-16-2011 04:32 AM

Transportation & Custom Projectiles

Somewhat of a combined thread, but I'd just like it to be known that regarding the previously raised issue of travel time to and from Master Li's tasks we hope to release the Warp Ring some time over the new few weeks or more.

The Warp Ring will work differently to how it has in the past both pre and post NPC-Server.
Once obtained you will be able to set a warp location where you encounter a certain type of statue in game. These will be located at strategic locations such as Master Li's and Graal City castle. So while you're tackling the Master Li tasks you'll be able to near instantly warp to the ninja encampment.
Eventually you'll encounter other statues where if used will set your warp location to them.

As for how we plan to release the Warp Ring, we're making a side-task albeit fairly simple that will be possible to complete at any time after obtaining the shield within the ninja trial.
The technique required to complete this will be using the shield to deflect projectiles (not reflect, this will be level 2 shield and above).

For this, we have scripted and implemented a fully custom projectile system where in the past the built-in shoot function had been used.
On-top of salvaging old features such as deflections and arrows lighting on fire, this will enable us to make alot of technical and visible improvements.

Here is a preview video showing projectile effects we've had prepared for a while combined with the new system where arrow deflection is occuring:

cbk1994 05-16-2011 04:41 AM

I love that arrow deflection. Nice work.

gravator 05-16-2011 07:19 AM

These are some of the new effects Thor showed me earlier, it looks very well planned out and professional, this will certainly give a good impression to new players that visit the server.

Luda 05-16-2011 10:59 AM

I was happy with the performance until I saw that god awful Nukeshot explosion again, I was hoping for it to be removed. Everything else is nice.

skillmaster19 05-16-2011 10:41 PM

I saw that same explosion with the nukeshot on UN during a special event.

maximus_asinus 05-17-2011 12:32 AM

I agree, the nukeshot explosion has to go, and why does the nukeshot firing noise sound more like a bow than the bow firing noise?

Mark Sir Link 05-17-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillmaster19 (Post 1650119)
I saw that same explosion with the nukeshot on UN during a special event.

I find this claim a bit dubious at best, as the likely creator of the effect you're talking about

James 05-17-2011 05:28 AM

nice work thor

ffcmike 05-17-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link (Post 1650141)
I find this claim a bit dubious at best, as the likely creator of the effect you're talking about

This is not true in the case of Classic's effect, so if it is indeed being used on UN I would like it removed.

I'm wondering what the problem with the explosion is exactly?

Mark Sir Link 05-17-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1650206)
This is not true, so if it is indeed being used on UN I would like it removed.

I mean the effect he saw on UN for the special event. Don't think you can have something removed from UN that was used one time over a month ago?

All it is is a rotation and zoom on an image using the particle engine for the version seen on UN.

ffcmike 05-17-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link (Post 1650207)
I mean the effect he saw on UN for the special event. Don't think you can have something removed from UN that was used one time over a month ago?

All it is is a rotation and zoom on an image using the particle engine for the version seen on UN.

This is obviously under the assumption that it is exactly the same and not just something else that looks similar, which admittedly I wouldn't know for sure.
This effect however does have multiple images of the singular explosion and a particular lighting, so it should be distinguishable to an extent.

Mark Sir Link 05-17-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1650208)
This is obviously under the assumption that it is exactly the same and not just something else that looks similar, which admittedly I wouldn't know for sure.
This effect however does have multiple images of the singular explosion and a particular lighting, so it should be distinguishable to an extent.

it's not exactly the same.

Also, again unsure how something could be taken a month or more in advance?

PHP Code:

function onPlayerEnters()
{

with (findimg(200))
  {

with (emitter)
    {

nrofparticles 1;

particleTypes 1;

with (particles[0])
      {

image "unevent_swat_explode.png";

zoom 1;

lifetime 1;

layer 2;
      }

addlocalmodifier("once"00"spin""replace"degtorad(-360), degtorad(360));

addlocalmodifier("impulse"00"zoom""add"00.15);

emit();
    }
  }

EDIT:

also still really unsure how this started at all when I said to a guy talking about UN's effect

Quote:

I find this claim a bit dubious

ffcmike 05-17-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link (Post 1650210)
also still really unsure how this started at all when I said to a guy talking about UN's effect

I'm not attempting to accuse you of anything, I'm only saying this under the previously unclear possibility that it might have been the case, which has now become clear that it isn't.

Luda 05-17-2011 08:54 AM

Both are ugly, shut up guys

ffcmike 05-17-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luda (Post 1650212)
Both are ugly, shut up guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1650206)

:confused: