Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dark Rival (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61472)

excaliber7388 09-29-2005 01:53 AM

Dark Rival

Gonna use this thread for news and updates.
Dark Rival is starting to do some of the finishing touchs. Recently we have added multiple levels to our player accessable-levels, now giving you a small world to play on untill the server is done, it even has an events house, where multiple events were hosted today. We should be done soon, untill then, enjoy these new levels, and look forard to an expamsion! If you would like to apply, we are still open to applications for GAT NAT LAT and Testers. (check this thread http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=61164 for more info) We're going to be making this a mixed rpg/clasic server, and we're now working on those parts. I'll post other updates as they come in. Thanks!

excaliber7388 10-01-2005 12:38 AM

We're creating some pretty awsome weapons for DR, but we would also like some input from players. What kind of crazy weapons would you like to see? (No dumb stuff, you know what I mean, also we are not looking for scripts, if you would like to send in scripts, PM me or apply for a NAT possition here)

Bl0nkt 10-01-2005 12:44 AM

-movementsystem
-pksystem

excaliber7388 10-03-2005 02:13 AM

We are also accepting Playerhouses, GFX, heads, scripts, etc.
and Vwill be kept in mind V
Quote:

-movementsystem
-pksystem

excaliber7388 10-15-2005 03:37 AM

We also could non-copyrighted astrophotos (pictures of things in space) for our telescope NPCs (I'm working on getting the proper equiptment, then I can take photos too) you will be givin full credit, if desired, in the GFX museum on the server

Aknts 10-16-2005 08:04 AM

All I got to say is wow. This server looks like it is going to be the next "Oasis". I mean with levels like this:
http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/im...target=tlx_new

Where can you go wrong?!

napo_p2p 10-16-2005 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknts
Where can you go wrong?!

You can't.

excaliber7388 10-16-2005 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You know that level doesn't look like that, because you've seen it a million times, here it is again:

Aknts 10-17-2005 12:22 AM

OHHHH my bad. That is -100% times better.

Knuckles 10-17-2005 01:05 AM

omg i found my new home!!! i'll be there 24/7

excaliber7388 10-17-2005 01:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's not a fantastic level, but it's better than other servers I've seen (especially dev servers) in fact for a dev server, we got a lot to brag about. The players on our server get more powers and abilities that any other server I've seen. (What other server sells a plane that players can use to get to areas quicker?, Or offers Olbies the ability to kill a noobie PKer with one swing of their sword.)And whatr other server can account for these weapons?(btw, I don't have half of them, I replace the ones I dont use much) These screenshots ony show half of my inventory, and my inventory is only a fraction of the total server's weapons, all the staff members and testers have their own favorites, and you rarely see two people doing the same attack. And for abilities, the player is also able to block things with their sword, like arrows, other players swords, etc. DR has more features than most classic servers, and one day it will be a classic server, I guarentee it ;)

coreys 10-17-2005 06:00 AM

Level-wise you have NOTHING to brag about...I suck at levels and I make better levels than that...

Darlene159 10-17-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys
Level-wise you have NOTHING to brag about...I suck at levels and I make better levels than that...

Practicing makes better level makers, simply saying that his levels suck does not encourage him to get better.
IMO, his levels don't suck, they are simply classic type levels...as he progresses with his server, and makes more levels, he will get better (unless he is purposely making them like that for a classic feel).
The way to get better at doing things is to jump in there and do it, which he is doing :)

I see nothing wrong with classic type leveling, if that is what a server is going for, lots of people long for the classic feel.

All a matter of opinion ;)

excaliber7388 10-17-2005 07:53 PM

Actually, I am trying to be a classic as I can (I like classic when it's done right), but still be accepted. Unfortunatly, the real clasic feel can't be replicated anymore, as people don't go for it as much. :frown: So instead DR offers a hybrid, we have many weapons, and many features, hard quests, many events, and simply good levels ;) we are 'detailing' So I'm sorry to say it won't be 100% classic. Unfortuanatly, I have much to work on (most of my staff are working on events x_X) I could use a few more LATs, NATs, and GATs (as seen in my other thread) because as of now, I account for 99.9% of this work. It's a lot for one person, so thats why DR has taken much longer than expected.

zim5354 10-17-2005 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Actually, I am trying to be a classic as I can (I like classic when it's done right), but still be accepted. Unfortunatly, the real clasic feel can't be replicated anymore, as people don't go for it as much. :frown: So instead DR offers a hybrid, we have many weapons, and many features, hard quests, many events, and simply good levels ;) we are 'detailing' So I'm sorry to say it won't be 100% classic. Unfortuanatly, I have much to work on (most of my staff are working on events x_X) I could use a few more LATs, NATs, and GATs (as seen in my other thread) because as of now, I account for 99.9% of this work. It's a lot for one person, so thats why DR has taken much longer than expected.

Your levels kinda are a little "dusty" if you get my drift.