Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Allow PC on iPhone Servers? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262163)

Astram 02-20-2011 07:39 AM

Allow PC on iPhone Servers?

I think we should be allowed to go on iPhone servers from the pc, yes. There may be lag for some of you but, still. It will give you a fun experiance. iEra, new realeases other then PC servers. Basically, the iPhone servers are way more advanced. I think that it will give us a nice chance to see others players, meet new friends etc. Maybe even vice versa, allow iPhoners on PC servers with global GUI's to move on every server, that you can customize, and script them how you would like. As well as "allowiphone=true or false" in server options, to prevent lag and make controls.

Questions I recived...

Q: Its called Era iPhone... It will defeat the purpose letting PC players on.
A: The servers would still be accessable by the iPhone players, it is still Era iPhone because people may still log on.

Q: Wouldn't the iPhone servers decrease the playercount on other servers?
A: I haven't seriously though this out much, besides the fact of giving iPhone players PC access. Picking servers. (read above)

Q: How could this possibly benefit Graal, Graal is trying to advance by going iPhone. We should make it advance more!
A: I think that us PC players should be able to recive special benefits... The gold starter pack, like on Era PC. Free golden Uzi, free others...

Q: Good luck fixing the controls from PC to iPhone...
A: I belive this is already scripted, We would use most of the iPad/Admin controls.

If you have any questions feel free to comment. Hopefully you like the idea, lets try and get the started.

dennis20014 04-16-2011 06:08 AM

Uh I'm confused, a lot of those questions are statements lol and I would love to be able to play on the iPhone versions from my computer. Would of been nice to have that from the get go

Bell 04-16-2011 07:07 AM

I'm really not sure how often this has to be repeated but I'll say it again. PC players are not allowed to play on iphone servers because of the advantage it would give pc players. Its called fair play and wouldn't be fair play if both were mixed.

Once the facebook app is released you'll be able to play there with hopefully hundreds of other people. Its my understanding they will be using the era iphone server for facebook.

ffcmike 04-16-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1643652)
I'm really not sure how often this has to be repeated but I'll say it again. PC players are not allowed to play on iphone servers because of the advantage it would give pc players. Its called fair play and wouldn't be fair play if both were mixed.

Once the facebook app is released you'll be able to play there with hopefully hundreds of other people. Its my understanding they will be using the era iphone server for facebook.

It always seems to be a matter of just a couple weeks before someone else simply ignores/forgets the reasoning or tries to propose some flawed method around it.

Kiwi27 04-16-2011 07:24 AM

I've only been looking at these forums for a few months, and already I've seen multiple threads about this.

Devil_Lord2 04-16-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1643652)

That and I feel PC should be kept away from PC players, most PC players are anal, unhelpful, and feel they know everything there is about Graal. D:

I say keep PC away from iPod.
Facebook will be pretty cool, I believe, because it may attract a larger adult audience. \o/
:noob:

fowlplay4 04-16-2011 09:04 AM

They need to release (non-beta) V6 before playing on an iPhone server will be an option.

Herb_P2P 04-16-2011 10:15 AM

just get an iphone/pod/pad.

Crono 04-16-2011 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1643666)
They need to release (non-beta) V6 before playing on an iPhone server will be an option.

^

@ bell fair play would seem like a logical reason to hide behind if it weren't for the fact that you can use keyboards on le iphone and the ipad has a larger resolution than the iphone. either way i'd seperate the two and keep them seperate but make it easy for iphone players to get into the real, PC, version. to do that we need to wait for stefan to announce new payment methods, because the current has been holding graal back for years.

on an unrelated note, this is what you should expect to see on iPhone:

nullify 04-16-2011 04:36 PM

nom nom nom

Shadow5596321 04-16-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1642556)
The plan is to make a new Zone server for iPhone and also make it playable from PC. There is quite a lot of content on Zone which can be used, it just lacked some stuff which make people stay on the server.

Way ahead of you bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1643689)
on an unrelated note, this is what you should expect to see on iPhone:

Isn't that UN? :p

Rave_J 04-16-2011 05:09 PM

Stefan already said iphone players will never play with pc players due to disadvantages example era, u would kill them way ez with a pc, un zodiac ur just faster with hitting the keys while they are taping and alot of iphone players on era already lags enough lol

Admins 04-16-2011 05:15 PM

Problem is that PC players would be killed in an instant :p

Shadow5596321 04-16-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rave_J (Post 1643717)
Stefan already said iphone players will never play with pc players due to disadvantages example era, u would kill them way ez with a pc, un zodiac ur just faster with hitting the keys while they are taping and alot of iphone players on era already lags enough lol

Are you going to be an idiot again like when Unixmad posted the V6 thread and you kept claiming that he wasn't going to post it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1643720)

iPhone players are just too damn good for our tastes.

Bell 04-19-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1643720)

hmm, I have a list of pc players I'd like you to allow to play iphone :p