Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   GK Suggestions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Suggestions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269846)

Raelyn 02-12-2015 12:18 PM

Suggestions

Just decided to start a new suggestion thread, since old thread is old. Feel free to post your own suggestions.

Here's a couple of small observations of mine, to start;

While visiting shops, I frequently find skill scrolls for "punching" and "melee weapons". While I understand that technically these are skills within the game, I was under the assumption that all characters, regardless of class, begin with these two skills.

Perhaps it's possible that we should eliminate or at the very least, reduce the spawn rate of these particular scrolls?

Other scrolls such as "climbing" or "concealment", are also fairly common, though they are not skills that players already begin with, they are simply skills that do not have a function within the game.

Also, "market tables" appear to be a two part image, with the base of the table itself, and the top "canopy" or "awning" being a separate image. When these market tables are placed inside of a house to be used for player-owned shops, this awning or canopy is displayed. I feel that it's redundant to have a awning over a table placed indoors, and it only serves to block the view of more area inside the building. It seems like this could be easily fixed by simply having the script detect if the placement is on an inside level, and simply not displaying the upper image file if so.

Thanks, and again, feel free to add your own suggestions here.

scriptless 02-13-2015 01:18 AM

Melee is actually not known by all players at start. Some classes can start off un able to use swords and have to use bows and wands but not always. Punching I'm not 100% sure on tho.

xAndrewx 02-13-2015 03:23 PM

Make the top of the market table transparent.

Draenin 02-13-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raelyn (Post 1734525)
While visiting shops, I frequently find skill scrolls for "punching" and "melee weapons". While I understand that technically these are skills within the game, I was under the assumption that all characters, regardless of class, begin with these two skills.

Perhaps it's possible that we should eliminate or at the very least, reduce the spawn rate of these particular scrolls?

Other scrolls such as "climbing" or "concealment", are also fairly common, though they are not skills that players already begin with, they are simply skills that do not have a function within the game.

All classes start with Punching, but Melee Weapons is not given to all classes at the start. (Wizards, Priests, and Alchemists don't get it. Unsure about other classes.)

Also, 'climbing' (scaling) has a point to it, and I consider it to be almost as valuable as a Scroll of Shopping. Its function is actually to make climbing hills easier. The difference it makes is subtle, but it's there.

However, you're correct about concealment not serving a purpose. It'd be nice if it did.

Raelyn 02-14-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAndrewx (Post 1734582)
Make the top of the market table transparent.

Why make it "transparent" when it could simply be scripted to not be displayed at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin
Melee Weapons is not given to all classes at the start.

I didn't know that. That seems kind of strange. Though, if I am not mistaken, technically bows are "melee" weapons. It "readies" melee weapon skill every time you fire an arrow, regardless of which other skill you have readied.

Also, unrelated. This has probably already been suggested, but I'd like to see a new UI, preferably a scripted re-sizeable one. The UI is VERY small on large resolutions, and I think it's about time to update it.

On the topic of UI, I'd also like to see some sort of hotkey bar update. The current system is fairly limited, and doesn't allow for potions or scrolls or food to be assigned to a hotkey.

shrimps 02-14-2015 09:14 PM

Bows are Missile Weapons.

Raelyn 02-15-2015 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps (Post 1734619)
Bows are Missile Weapons.

While I understand that bows are missile weapons, and require the missile weapons skill, notice next time you fire one, that it says "Readied skill: Melee Weapons" when you fire one. Unless it has been changed.

Edit: I just tested this myself. Equiping a bow "readied skill: missile weapons" but firing the bow "readied skill: melee weapons.

I believe the script to check if the arrow hit the player or not calls the "melee weapons" skill when it checks WC/AC for chance to hit.

Been that way for a long time.