Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   PC is dead. Will it ever.... (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269992)

elite_master 05-31-2015 08:12 PM

PC is dead. Will it ever....

PC is dead. Will it ever come back? I don't think.. All of the attention is focused to the iPhone/Android Development. It's sad...

devilsknite1 05-31-2015 11:50 PM

Regardless of the focus of development, the game had its prime years upon years ago. Now it really is simply not inviting to new players, nor is it marketed all that well. If that changes, then perhaps there will be an increase of players, but until then, it probably is not likely.

Cubical 06-01-2015 09:14 AM

make your own game and call it "graaa1 internet" and use rpg maker graphics

Anero 06-01-2015 09:38 AM

Being able to play wherever you are is pretty convenient.
I think that's the main reason why the iOS servers are much more popular.

It's sad for sure, but the old generation is slowly but surely disappearing.

Crow 06-01-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anero (Post 1736538)

filthy casul

Kamaeru 06-04-2015 12:46 AM

It died in like 2003. UN doesn't count.

scriptless 06-04-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anero (Post 1736538)

I think mobility does play some role in it but then again the actual physical quality of an iOS server vs a PC server shows that the iOS server quality is bit better. Then to top it off you don't even need to advertise your game its super super easily found in the app stores as opposed to how you accidetnly find something amongst the 100 trillion pc's hooked up to the world wide web. Simply put theres no advertisement on pc, theres not the same quality for all pc servers only a few.. and its not as portable (except everyone uses laptops these days anyways).

Something I found odd, people turn graal sounds off religiously.. o.O I'm like whoa they don't wanna be like in the game.. they just want the game running.. then there own music or there own tv show.. and next thing you know there player hasn't moved 16 hours and there still sitting in bomboria trade on graal kingdoms.. multi-tasking on the internet has devastated mankind ability to focus on just 1 task. back in the days of dialup you got on graal and thats all you did and you prayed it could handle it.. now we have like 15 tabs open in our web browser thats open while the game is.. xD with 5 chat windows open not even paying attention to graal. then we just throw a fit when theres a low player count because we demand more people witness how lazy were are just idling xD

Crono 06-04-2015 11:07 AM

When they let people log onto iClassic through the normal PC client Graal would be more alive than ever.

Cubical 06-04-2015 12:24 PM

beating dat dead bush with another dead bush

Kamaeru 06-05-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1736608)
When they let people log onto iClassic through the normal PC client Graal would be more alive than ever.

Wasn't this promised at the beginning?

Elk 06-05-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1736627)
Wasn't this promised at the beginning?

id be online more often too

MattKan 06-08-2015 11:38 AM

No. Everybody said that Graal PC would be saved once observer mode was removed and the forums became free. Those things happened, a few people blinked.

I think it's time to make iOS servers accessible via the client.

Crono 06-08-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1736642)
No. Everybody said that Graal PC would be saved once observer mode was removed and the forums became free. Those things happened, a few people blinked.

Eh, if trial restrictions ****ed off back when iClassic was first released, PC Graal would have been in a better place.

Tim_Rocks 06-08-2015 05:56 PM

I think if those restrictions were lifted sooner that we'd whistling to a different tune.

scriptless 06-09-2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1736644)
I think if those restrictions were lifted sooner that we'd whistling to a different tune.

Maybe different tune but still singing in the same key. I think a bigger problem ws the fact that all the servers up until then were open world based. You just came across quests randomly as you explored. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's yes this could hold it's own. But after the internet boom, and the major shift from dialup to cable or even dsl people's eyes started opening up to other cool games. People began to multi-task online more and it distanced the player from the actual game. And who blames them? Back in the day you were lucky to download a half dozen mp3's, and you could take a crap in the time it took to open another web page.

The only way PC graal will be saved is if everyone works together to improve the general overall quality of the product. I know a lot of people hate cutscenes and stuff. But there kinda important aspect of the game. After all look at all the major games being released. These multi-million and multi-billion dollar gaming companies certainly wouldn't go full retard and put something in there product if they knew it was that bad of an idea especially having used them for many many years. A great example to this would probably be the new Zelda for Wii U. Which is a game so recent to todays times its not even out yet xD

I just wish Graal the Adventure PC, fccmike's version would have inspired more people to create quality. Also, delteria did a pretty good job on the RPG front, but we lack other genre's now. Adventure has been lost. Era does well with the whole modern aspect. But we really don't have a whole lot of options.