Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal iPhone/iPod: Will be released on Apple AppStore! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80418)

unixmad 07-09-2008 07:09 PM

Graal iPhone/iPod: Will be released on Apple AppStore!

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 45121

The happy owners of an iPhone/iPod Touch will soon be able to play Graal on it.
This Friday Apple will launch the version 2.0 of the iPhone/iPod software including AppStore (a shop to install new software).

If everything goes well, Graal Zone for iPhone/iPod will be one of the first multi-player arcade games to be available on the AppStore. Graal Zone for iPhone/iPod is a special version of Graal Zone for PC with some training levels and custom maps. Graal Zone on iPhone/iPod will be free.

We are releasing also Graal Zone+, a premium version of the game with more weapons, vehicles and maps.

To celebrate the launch of the iPhone/iPod version we will organize events, stay tuned!

Elizabeth 07-09-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1401710)
Graal Zone on Iphone/Ipod will be free.

WTF.

Quote:

Ipod
.. by this do you mean regular ipods, such as ipod nano video, ipod nano, etc

Skyld 07-09-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1401712)
.. by this do you mean regular ipods, such as ipod nano video, ipod nano, etc

No. iPod touch.

Non-touch iPods do not have the capabilities required, nor will they ever.

Elizabeth 07-09-2008 07:23 PM

:/

they dont sell iphones OR ipod touches yet where i live in.

Chompy 07-09-2008 07:25 PM

This is actually quite nice =D Looking forward for this

DustyPorViva 07-09-2008 07:27 PM

Why does the last option say, "I don't own a iPhone/iPod yet"... yet? I don't really plan on getting one.

Also, you're missing a, "I don't own an iPhone/iPod and I am not interested" option.

Rufus 07-09-2008 07:28 PM

Oh yeah, I've got a question.. Is the iPhone Zone server and the regular Zone server going to be linked, or will iPhone users only interact with users playing on their iPhone?

Elizabeth 07-09-2008 07:28 PM

i wouldve chosen that option if there was one.
instead i voted for i dont own one

SolidSnake989 07-09-2008 07:33 PM

Hey! Unixmad posted something! I thought it was Stefan!

I'm going to try it out, If i like it i might get that + thingy.

Admins 07-09-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1401725)
Oh yeah, I've got a question.. Is the iPhone Zone server and the regular Zone server going to be linked, or will iPhone users only interact with users playing on their iPhone?

Normal Graal people will be able to play on the iPhone server, but the controls will be a little bit different and there will not be all weapons available at launch (bullets need to be bigger etc.)

Rufus 07-09-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1401732)
Normal Graal people will be able to play on the iPhone server, but the controls will be a little bit different and there will not be all weapons available at launch (bullets need to be bigger etc.)

So Zone will be split into two different servers?

SolidSnake989 07-09-2008 07:36 PM

Also, would the stats from the first one come to the iPhone version?

Admins 07-09-2008 07:39 PM

There will be custom maps (missions) which can also be quite fun for normal Zone players :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnake989 (Post 1401734)
Also, would the stats from the first one come to the iPhone version?

Well we have not planned all that, it will depend on how many people play the Zone iPhone game and if they like it :) Also we plan to launch other Graal games later (Classic iPhone with some quests instead of action missions).

Xterminator 07-09-2008 07:41 PM

Sounds good..But how will you be shooting and moving etc?

cbk1994 07-09-2008 07:58 PM

Very nice! :)

I will definitely try it, and most likely buy it!

DustyPorViva 07-09-2008 07:59 PM

I is can haz DS instead, plz?

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5118/graaldszd7.jpg

cbk1994 07-09-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1401744)

The DS would be more suited for it since it has more buttons, however, it doesn't have as good specs so it would probably not run as well.

EDIT: Also, a few questions:

How do you move? How do you shoot?

Will you be able to play online with others, or is it an offline game? If it's online, does it have to be on WiFi/3G, or will it work on Edge?

Do existing accounts mean anything?

How much will it cost to get Zone+?

DustyPorViva 07-09-2008 08:06 PM

Heh, I wouldn't recommend porting it to anything other than a computer... but...

Anyways, it might not have great specs, but if they're able to pull off games like Phantom Hourglass, would it be impossible to run a simple game like Graal? It just means things would have to be done more efficient. Anyways, despite the fact that I don't own a PSP, that would seem like the more logical to port to first. Given that it's an actual gaming handheld, and has great specs. Userbase aren't that high, especially compared to the DS, but then again, I doubt the iPhone userbase is much higher than the PSP's.

cbk1994 07-09-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1401750)
Heh, I wouldn't recommend porting it to anything other than a computer... but...

Anyways, it might not have great specs, but if they're able to pull off games like Phantom Hourglass, would it be impossible to run a simple game like Graal? It just means things would have to be done more efficient. Anyways, despite the fact that I don't own a PSP, that would seem like the more logical to port to first. Given that it's an actual gaming handheld, and has great specs. Userbase aren't that high, especially compared to the DS, but then again, I doubt the iPhone userbase is much higher than the PSP's.

It's going up, plus the app store will make it skyrocket, plus the enterprise features.

I don't want Apple to dominate the phone market though, I'd like to see them have a strong competitor so Apple is encouraged to keep adding new things.

DustyPorViva 07-09-2008 08:14 PM

My gripe is the fact that the phone market is not a good market for games. Especially the iPhone... I would understand if the iPhone could use a stylus, but it can't. That's like me trying to play Phantom Hourglass with my fingers, it just doesn't work that great. Games should stick to hardware intended for games, at least... complex games should, like Graal.

Admins 07-09-2008 08:28 PM

Graal is a complex game? :)
Graal Zone iPhone is controlled by accelerator for movement and virtual keys for shooting, but for RPG there is also a click-movement system (or you could script your own stuff). It's online only, so with some networks it might be a little bit laggy but we will also try to setup servers both in europe and US to have as less lag as possible.

grawlgamer 07-09-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1401710)
We are releasing also Graal Zone+, a premium version of the game with more weapons, vehicles and maps.

Okay this is getting annoying, I have utterly no clue of how your payment system works anymore, it makes no sense what-so-ever, every method overlaps another and everything is so screwed up I have no idea how confusing it must be for a new player. Please explain or make a FAQ of your crap payment system, because if I had an idea at all, I might actually pay.

Sky 07-09-2008 08:36 PM

Graal on the PSP would be 150 times better. :D Should so be the next thing. :D

Darlene159 07-09-2008 08:38 PM

I dont own an iphone, or ipod, nor do I have the money to buy either.

DustyPorViva 07-09-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1401759)
Graal is a complex game? :)
Graal Zone iPhone is controlled by accelerator for movement and virtual keys for shooting, but for RPG there is also a click-movement system (or you could script your own stuff). It's online only, so with some networks it might be a little bit laggy but we will also try to setup servers both in europe and US to have as less lag as possible.

Anything that need is not tetris, or alike, I consider a complex game that should not be on a phone.

Clockwork 07-09-2008 09:51 PM

...I want to say that this is disgusting, but if it came out for psp I would be happy.

So in the sense that I don't was to be a hypocrite, yay for the update?
Maybe I havent thought this through. XD I will never spend anything over maybe 200$ on a phone. Thus ruling out the possibility of me ever owning an iphone. BUT if I did. I would have so much fun hardmodding.

Darklux 07-09-2008 10:31 PM

Instead of wasting your skills on useless platforms, why not develop a graal for c64? Would be of more use =/

oo_jazz_oo 07-09-2008 10:35 PM

*cough* Graal for wiiware *cough*

cbk1994 07-09-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1401765)

Don't spam. :)

Elk 07-09-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1401765)

stick to graal then kthx

Umat 07-09-2008 11:54 PM

I would like to see this on PSP since I own one and would like to have some use of it. :P

Elizabeth 07-09-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1401794)

..youre telling her not to spam while youre doing so?

i dont plan on buying an iphone either. they should have graal for tv.. just hook the controllers into the tv and youre all set

wild8900 07-10-2008 12:06 AM

Well this is an unexpected surprise! Now tell me, are there other ways to install it? I have a jailbroken iPod Touch and theres no way in hell Im upgrading to the newest just to play Graal. I hear upgrading then jailbreaking makes all sorts of problems.

Googi 07-10-2008 12:20 AM

I neither have nor want an iPhone or iPod.

cbk1994 07-10-2008 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild8900 (Post 1401811)
Well this is an unexpected surprise! Now tell me, are there other ways to install it? I have a jailbroken iPod Touch and theres no way in hell Im upgrading to the newest just to play Graal. I hear upgrading then jailbreaking makes all sorts of problems.

x_x

Restore it before upgrading ...

Mafukie 07-10-2008 02:20 AM

I just want the app files that way I wouldn't have to use the apple store, Hows about sending the app my way Stefan so I don't have to upgrade my jailbroken/unlocked phone? :D

I'm sure it runs pretty poorly over edge though, does the game allow for connecting to the server via edge and wifi or what? I know the 3G iPhone will perform a whole lot better so there might be some issues with people playing over wifi, edge, 3G, ect. There is a reason why console games keep their servers console only and don't mix with PC users...

Darlene159 07-10-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1401794)

Since when is it spam to explain a poll choice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elk (Post 1401795)
stick to graal then kthx

I plan on it.

cbk1994 07-10-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafukie (Post 1401853)
I just want the app files that way I wouldn't have to use the apple store, Hows about sending the app my way Stefan so I don't have to upgrade my jailbroken/unlocked phone? :D

I'm sure it runs pretty poorly over edge though, does the game allow for connecting to the server via edge and wifi or what? I know the 3G iPhone will perform a whole lot better so there might be some issues with people playing over wifi, edge, 3G, ect. There is a reason why console games keep their servers console only and don't mix with PC users...

They are not packaged the same to my knowledge.

Dante396 07-10-2008 04:08 AM

Graal On Psp!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umat (Post 1401803)
I would like to see this on PSP since I own one and would like to have some use of it. :P

Yeah that would actually be better since the PSP has a pretty big screen for a portable, has multiple keys, and can connect on wi-fi.

grawlgamer 07-10-2008 04:41 AM

Yeah but for psp it would require an expensive agreement with sony, the appstore doesn't cost at all and apple only gets 30% of the revenue... and the DS is betta :).