Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Noctorious Re-Opened (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134263077)

destructo104 05-02-2011 06:04 AM

Noctorious Re-Opened

http://i52.tinypic.com/wjey3r.jpg
As some of you already know Noctorious was re-opened today. For those of you who don't know about the server. It is not an era remake although some people may try to call it that and it is not another Graal Ghetto either.
Noctorious is a Modern server, where you can buy houses or condos or even businesses. You can hunt zombies and rob the bank as well, or if you don't wanna do that you can go buy a car and crusie around the city. Here on Noctorious we try to make everything as unique as possible. With that said...
come Join Noctorious today :)

If you have ant questions, comments or concerns, feel free to let us know

ISonic 05-02-2011 06:07 AM

This sounds like a better verson of era..

cbk1994 05-02-2011 06:54 AM

The screenshots look way too dark. I hope the entire server isn't like that.

Dinji_Jinto 05-02-2011 07:34 AM

I got on. Looks neat, but how do I make some coinage without digging it from the ground?

I want one of said condos/cars/businesses. :P

Fulg0reSama 05-02-2011 01:51 PM

http://images.wikia.com/looneytunes/.../47/Porky3.gif

Who s-s-says killing z-zombies isn't f-fuh-un?

Emera 05-02-2011 06:47 PM

I love this server! It must have taken quite a lot of time to get it to this standard. Well done!

Seich 05-02-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1647151)
I love this server! It must have taken quite a lot of time to get it to this standard. Well done!

It's been worked on for a while now x] It's still missing a lot of polishing though. We'll hopefully be finishing it soon.

Deas_Voice 05-02-2011 09:32 PM

what happened with noctorious.org (site doesn't exit anymore)?

nice to see the server up again

MattKan 05-02-2011 11:19 PM

yeah, the website doesn't work.

destructo104 05-03-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1647205)
yeah, the website doesn't work.

It works

Tricxta 05-03-2011 01:33 AM

I went on, while everything looks ok, im pretty put off by the mouse over text on the map and the qmenu, you should make the text a bit smaller or a nicer font. Also while you insist this isnt an era copy face the facts:
-when you hold down q on era you get the q menu. When you release it the menu hides, same on noctorious -_-
-The map pretty much uses the same idea except done without a transparent background and lack of icons.
-shell digging

Theres some other stuff but thats just highly controversial so Ill stay clear of that.

However you do have fishing which era doesnt so good on you for that :)

destructo104 05-03-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricxta (Post 1647234)
I went on, while everything looks ok, im pretty put off by the mouse over text on the map and the qmenu, you should make the text a bit smaller or a nicer font. Also while you insist this isnt an era copy face the facts:
-when you hold down q on era you get the q menu. When you release it the menu hides, same on noctorious -_-
-The map pretty much uses the same idea except done without a transparent background and lack of icons.
-shell digging

Theres some other stuff but thats just highly controversial so Ill stay clear of that.

However you do have fishing which era doesnt so good on you for that :)

The text is so you know where to go. We don't even have shell fishing, and you tell me what server donse't use Q as the menu option. It is common on all servers, not just era. Please explain how we use their map concept as well? Because im sure if I made another map you would say the exact same thing. You can't login into a server and say this and that is era. Every modern server has modern features such as, vehicles,business, houses, a city map. Yes we included shoveling but that dosen't mean we logged into era and said hey lets do shoveling. Just because they had it first dosen't mean the own the title to having simple jobs and a modern style server. Also you take the time to list only the downside of things instead of the other features we have. You left out 4 other jobs fishing, Zombie hunting, bank robbing, and crate delivery. Just because it has one or 2 features that era has dosen't make it an era remake.

Huesy 05-03-2011 07:22 AM

I really like what you have going here, nice looking tileset and the activities are easy enough to get the hang of.

Some constructive criticism:
* It's too hard for newbies (me) to find things even via the map. I highly recommend placing icons on the building that you can hover over. Or even descriptive icons such as a fishing rod/hook for the fishing shop, gun for the armoury and so on...
* You need something about the number menus in the beginning tutorial. I found the '4' menu very helpful once I stumbled upon it.
* Having to open your inventory to equip the ATM card to use an ATM is a big hassle. Maybe just check to see that they have the item when 'A' is pressed.
* The roads feel too unplanned which I also find annoying about Era. Need to hire a city planner ;)
* setbody / sethead also failed when I tried, perhaps also some tutorial information on changing appearance too.

And I highly recommend removing that NPC that says they just got a gun shipment in from Era. It's not helping your case against the Era faithful.

Good luck with the rest of the development! It's looking great so far!

- Delph

Tricxta 05-03-2011 09:10 AM

I was more criticizing you for using q in exactly the same way as era, you hold down q menu and u have to keep it depressed other wise it disappears, same thing is on noctorious o.0 However since you knocked over my other point I find it hard arguing over one thing so I'll stop, and just so you know I didnt complain about cars being on both servers since its a pretty general idea, its kinda hard to avoid as a server feature. However why just cars, you can have motor bikes, scooters and a whole lot of public transport including buses, ferries,trams and taxis. I dont see era doing any of this public transport apart from there helicopter, how ever the door is open to originality in this particular instance!

Huesy 05-03-2011 09:25 AM

And the 'Q' menu / item dropping for Era was inspired by the original Graal Kingdoms menu. I know this because it was me who made it :P

If something works well, why try re-invent the wheel?

- Delph

EDIT: To clarify, I made the original item menu in Era. It has changed since then, but the original functionality still exists.