Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Leaking Information (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134264938)

ffcmike 11-01-2011 10:06 AM

Leaking Information

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6527/leaking.gif

I noticed that a new ban reason was added for "Leaking Information". From what I understand these ban times and reasons are a general guideline rather than something to be strictly adhered to, yet I still think it's quite funny how something like leaking information is classified as a 45 day ban considering the related times for some of the previous listed offences.

So if a staff member of a server were to leak information on some upcoming updates for example, is this an equal crime to maliciously removing existing work or destroying players stats via script?

I can remember a time on Classic where a particular member of staff through script gave themself unauthorised access to certain new areas under development, and with negative intention uploaded a video showing everything to YouTube. It can even be argued that this action played a large role in the Development Admin of the time quitting soon afterwards, yet funnily enough I don't think there was any consideration for this person to be banned, he wasn't even removed as a member of staff.

Granted getting away with something like that completely is extremely lenient, but I'd be concerned if people were being banned for 45 days for this type of thing. I'm sure there must have been countless times where developers/other staff have shown/explained things to their friend, where the knowledge has then been passed on further.

Crono 11-01-2011 10:14 AM

those ban guidelines are pretty awful, i never follow them.

Galdor 11-01-2011 12:19 PM

The law doesn't... make mistakes.

http://comicrelated.com/artwork/judge_dredd.jpg

Draenin 11-01-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galdor (Post 1672582)
The law doesn't... make mistakes.

I am the law.

Geno 11-01-2011 12:53 PM

bro did you see the new items and content for the new upcomming iphone server? private msg me for details/pics/downloads.

maximus_asinus 11-01-2011 02:31 PM

could leaking information maybe mean private or sensitive information about a person and not the server?

EclipsedAngel 11-01-2011 02:38 PM

I'd imagine so Maximus.

MysticX2X 11-01-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1672576)
I can remember a time on Classic where a particular member of staff through script gave themself unauthorised access to certain new areas under development, and with negative intention uploaded a video showing everything to YouTube. It can even be argued that this action played a large role in the Development Admin of the time quitting soon afterwards, yet funnily enough I don't think there was any consideration for this person to be banned, he wasn't even removed as a member of staff.

We ALL know who you are referring to. No need to make it anonymous!

Crono 11-01-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1672576)

because he did us all a favor.

Emera 11-01-2011 06:37 PM

I think you should be able set set ban times for players yourself in days or hours, as long as the ban time is under a week. Anything over that should be given in a list. But like Thor said, I don't agree on the ban time given for that at all.

cbk1994 11-01-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1672594)
could leaking information maybe mean private or sensitive information about a person and not the server?

This is what I was thinking. I'd be very surprised if it meant anything other than personal information of another player/staff member.

skillmaster19 11-01-2011 10:38 PM

Stefan added this for a special occasion because I was banned for this reason; I leaked info about an upcoming release on the Classic iPhone server and it was labeled as server destruction(well I told a close friend)... so he added a more appropriate reason for me after I emailed him. Don't even ask what the leaked info was as it wasn't even correct lol.

Galdor 11-01-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillmaster19 (Post 1672637)
Stefan added this for a special occasion because I was banned for this reason; I leaked info about an upcoming release on the Classic iPhone server and it was labeled as server destruction(well I told a close friend)... so he added a more appropriate reason for me after I emailed him. Don't even ask what the leaked info was as it wasn't even correct lol.

But so how did they find out? was your "close friend" a backstabbing ass?

ffcmike 11-01-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticX2X (Post 1672602)
We ALL know who you are referring to. No need to make it anonymous!

I'm not trying to make an issue out of something that happened over 3 years ago or use this as an opportunity to hinder his reputation:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1672603)
because he did us all a favor.

DustyPorViva 11-02-2011 12:07 AM

I like how low sexual harassment is on that list. Who the hell actually uses these predefined reasons accurately anyways? All staff want is the time, the reasons mean nothing and do nothing but confuse the player.

"I was hacking, but clearly the staff think I was sharing accounts... that's not right, this is so unfair!"