Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Own Password of your choice (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260877)

PowerProNL 10-19-2010 10:56 PM

Own Password of your choice

Well, We all have a Graal Online choosed password. and I don't like those passwords, I want an own password to enter, why would it be dangerous if you use your own, we have Account Protection on (: so why would we need a Graal Online choosed password :(

Fulg0reSama 10-19-2010 11:01 PM

Account Protection isn't fullproof.

If they get your password they can get into your email if same password is used and afterwords can use your email when they log in to allow their computer through thus your account would be officially hijacked.

DustyPorViva 10-19-2010 11:04 PM

Randomly generated passwords is Graal's idea of security... even though nearly every other single website and game out there doesn't use that kind of security...

ffcmike 10-19-2010 11:16 PM

If people were able to choose and therefore be able to memorise their passwords less people would be losing access to their accounts and having no choice but to buy a new one, oh wait.

PowerProNL 10-19-2010 11:21 PM

But if someone lost his email + his password of Graal and he didn't save the password, hmm what would be happened, you will lose ur account.

Own passwords you know what you typed in and most of the peoples (95%) remember their password, when i do Dont save password by accident, I have to go to my email and that will take ages, and hope ill find my password in the assoirtement of my email X_X

Soala 10-19-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerProNL (Post 1607412)
But if someone lost his email + his password of Graal and he didn't save the password, hmm what would be happened, you will lose ur account.

Own passwords you know what you typed in and most of the peoples (95%) remember their password, when i do Dont save password by accident, I have to go to my email and that will take ages, and hope ill find my password in the assoirtement of my email X_X

Ever heard of "search boxes"?

kia345 10-20-2010 12:05 AM

Because having our own passwords would make sense

Zeke_iPhoneGP 10-20-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1607398)
Randomly generated passwords is Graal's idea of security... even though nearly every other single website and game out there doesn't use that kind of security...

Aye, and once you have entered it enough times, it gets stuck in your head. I never thought I'd memorize it, but I did :p

kia345 10-20-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke_iPhoneGP (Post 1607458)
Aye, and once you have entered it enough times, it gets stuck in your head. I never thought I'd memorize it, but I did :p

Or you could just memorize you own password, the one you potentially use for everything anyway

fowlplay4 10-20-2010 02:26 AM

In Russia, password chooses you.

TSAdmin 10-20-2010 03:10 AM

In my experience with people that twisted Bell's or Ibonic's arm until they permitted them use of a custom password in the past (Something I refuse to allow, so don't ask), their account was compromised within weeks. Not pointing out anyone in particular, but I'm certain there are 3 people who are active forum users and will read this thread who I know this has happened to.

That is not to say that I'm against custom passwords, I am all for it if it is made a changeable service on the website, but I certainly do have concern with how much easier it is to guess someone's password based on "What would they typically think of?" and take advantage of that. In my opinion, the current passwords aren't even strong enough. They should include symbols mixed in with the mixed uppercase, lowercase & numerical sequence.

That then draws me to hope that if this ability to change your password were to be implemented, that it would be required to have a "Strong" password.

Fulg0reSama 10-20-2010 03:15 AM

I don't understand why you're so unwilling to allow a custom password personally. If they change their password that's their decision, why wouldn't you let them?

TSAdmin 10-20-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1607486)
I don't understand why you're so unwilling to allow a custom password personally. If they change their password that's their decision, why wouldn't you let them?

If it's not a service provided by Graal (to choose custom passwords), then it's not a procedure that should be undertaken. And as I mentioned, I have my own concerns surrounding people being permitted their own password unless it is a function they can handle themselves through the website.

Fulg0reSama 10-20-2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1607487)
If it's not a service provided by Graal (to choose custom passwords), then it's not a procedure that should be undertaken. And as I mentioned, I have my own concerns surrounding people being permitted their own password unless it is a function they can handle themselves through the website.

In short because the site doesn't provide the service themselves you hide behind that one factor. Gotcha'. But don't they provide it as long as you provide a transaction ID or did they remove that?

TSAdmin 10-20-2010 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1607489)
In short because the site doesn't provide the service themselves you hide behind that one factor.

Perhaps you should read again. That's not all I said.

Quote:

Gotcha'. But don't they provide it as long as you provide a transaction ID

No

Quote:

did they remove that?

Pretty safe to assume so, at least within the last couple of years. Sounds like an Ibonic thing.