Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bad Request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134256821)

Sam 11-05-2009 09:35 PM

Bad Request

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

I get this message since a couple of days when I try to open the forums or the mod cp with firefox.
With IE it works fine.
Any suggestions what's the cause?

DuBsTeRmAn 11-05-2009 09:37 PM

Stop using firefox i guess.. ;o

DustyPorViva 11-05-2009 09:39 PM

Clear your Graal forums cookies.

The bad requests have been a huge problem for us for a long time but no one has ever bothered to do anything about it.

Sam 11-05-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1536696)
Clear your Graal forums cookies.

The bad requests have been a huge problem for us for a long time but no one has ever bothered to do anything about it.

Thanks it works. I used firefox since years and never had this problem before.

DustyPorViva 11-05-2009 09:45 PM

It's not a firefox problem, it's a forums problem. You probably collapsed one of the sections or something, which causes a bad request.

Sam 11-05-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1536700)
It's not a firefox problem, it's a forums problem. You probably collapsed one of the sections or something, which causes a bad request.

Yes it's possible. At last I'm glad not to use IE anymore just to go on the forums. ^^

DustyPorViva 11-05-2009 09:58 PM

The problem is apparently some sort of security patch/plug-in or something that Unix added. It also disallows the posting of percent signs, much to the dismay of scripters. You should get Stefan to fix it.

cyan3 11-05-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1536706)
The problem is apparently some sort of security patch/plug-in or something that Unix added. It also disallows the posting of percent signs, much to the dismay of scripters. You should get Stefan to fix it.

You can bypass the bad request errors with percent signs if you replace them with "& #37;" as one word before posting the thread, although this wouldn't help when posting within php tags because it wouldn't change to a percent sign.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn (Post 1536695)
Stop using firefox i guess.. ;o

Why would anyone have to stop using firefox? It works much better than IE in my opinion any not everybody can use IE because it's only supported on Windows operating systems.

DustyPorViva 11-05-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1536707)
You can bypass the bad request errors with percent signs if you replace them with "& #37;" as one word before posting the thread, although this wouldn't help when posting within php tags because it wouldn't change to a percent sign.

But therein lies the deeper problem. You can only bypass it once. Any attempt to edit the post ends up with a bad request, so your post is basically locked in whatever state you post it in.

Again, we shouldn't have to take this sort of problem into our own hands like we apparently do with everything else around here. They need to fix it.

cyan3 11-05-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1536708)
But therein lies the deeper problem. You can only bypass it once. Any attempt to edit the post ends up with a bad request, so your post is basically locked in whatever state you post it in.

Again, we shouldn't have to take this sort of problem into our own hands like we apparently do with everything else around here. They need to fix it.

I completely agree, especially when percent signs are often used or need to be used in threads and posts.

Sam 11-05-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1536706)
You should get Stefan to fix it.

To be honest: I am not sure he knows how to fix it. ;)

DustyPorViva 11-05-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 1536710)
To be honest: I am not sure he knows how to fix it. ;)

Well it's not a problem with vBulletin, because I have browsed quite a few other vBulletin boards and never encountered it. It's probably one of the plug-ins or something. He should browse through them and find the problem :) Or someone should wake Unixmad out of his dormancy to fix it, because apparently he knows what the problem is.

Door 11-05-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 1536694)
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

LOL when I saw this thread I only read this and I thought that was your entire post, and I sat here quizzically reading the responses and wondering how everyone knew what tf you were talking about lmao

This has never happened to me, but I'm glad I now know what to do if it does!

DustyPorViva 11-05-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Door (Post 1536719)
LOL when I saw this thread I only read this and I thought that was your entire post, and I sat here quizzically reading the responses and wondering how everyone knew what tf you were talking about lmao

This has never happened to me, but I'm glad I now know what to do if it does!

Well you can cause two types of bad requests, if you don't want to be left out of the dark.

1) Collapse one of the forum sections on the main forum page. Refresh, bam, bad request. You can't access the forums anymore, and you'll need to clear your cookies.

2) Include a percent sign in your post. This seems to be hit or miss. By hit or miss I mean, it hits when you least expect it(posting a script or just using the percent sign casually) and you need it in your post, and misses when you try to actually get it to happen.

Hiro 11-05-2009 10:51 PM

i just make sure to never collapse any of the sections