Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions about V6 (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Universal Graal v5 for Mac (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77748)

cbk1994 11-29-2007 02:04 AM

Universal Graal v5 for Mac

How long? Last I heard it would be very soon, but that was like 6 months ago. As far as I know it's not even started :( The scripted RC was a step in the right direction for Graal for Mac, but there's no use if it doesn't run well enough to use.

Thanks,
Chris Zakuto

Kristi 11-29-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1361137)
How long? Last I heard it would be very soon, but that was like 6 months ago. As far as I know it's not even started :( The scripted RC was a step in the right direction for Graal for Mac, but there's no use if it doesn't run well enough to use.

Thanks,
Chris Zakuto

If RC is your issue, you can always use crossover for mac (not free i think) or darwine (wine [windows emulator] for darwin, is free) and run the rc. You need an intel mac but it works

Darklux 11-29-2007 01:02 PM

I think he is talkin about gettin it to run on an powerpc based mac.

cbk1994 11-29-2007 01:39 PM

It runs on PowerPC (WAY outdated).

It runs on Intel, but it runs SO slowly, and crashes so much, it's impossible to play.

As for software like Crossover, VMware Fusion, and Paralells, I have tried all of those, and none of them work with Graal (DirectX problems).

I would actually move to Mac if an online tile editor was released, and a certain feautre to client RC was added.

napo_p2p 11-29-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1361224)
As for software like Crossover, VMware Fusion, and Paralells, I have tried all of those, and none of them work with Graal (DirectX problems).

You could use the windows emulator just for RC and the level editor. There shouldn't be any DirectX issues with those.

Anytime I'm on Linux, I'm able to get the level editor to work with Wine.

Skyld 11-29-2007 09:48 PM

The problem is that Cyberjoueurs do not currently have an Intel Mac to compile a Universal (or Intel) binary on, and they won't just hand out the source code for others to compile it. I guess eventually there will be a Universal binary, just not yet.

cbk1994 11-29-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1361298)
The problem is that Cyberjoueurs do not currently have an Intel Mac to compile a Universal (or Intel) binary on, and they won't just hand out the source code for others to compile it. I guess eventually there will be a Universal binary, just not yet.

I've heard that excuse before. They need to get one. Plain and simple. Get one.

If they're saying cost is a problem, then get one and run Windows on it! If you get a MacBook for $1k, then you also get Windows virtually free! And linux! Kill THREE stones with $1000 instead of around $3000 to buy 3 separate computers.

I'm really sick of them putting off Mac, and they keep showing some weird statistic that like 99% of people use Windows to play Graal ... which is because it's nearly impossible to play Graal on a Mac, especially an Intel one. I'll tape a video and show what Graal is like on my Intel mac and then post it.

Skyld 11-30-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1361305)
I've heard that excuse before. They need to get one. Plain and simple. Get one.

The angst won't help anything.

It's not as simple as just to "go out and buy one"; Cyberjoueurs have a budget, and they have expenditures already. I'm sure I don't need to explain the model of a business to you further than that.

cbk1994 11-30-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1361445)
The angst won't help anything.

It's not as simple as just to "go out and buy one"; Cyberjoueurs have a budget, and they have expenditures already. I'm sure I don't need to explain the model of a business to you further than that.

I can understand that. However, they do need to realize that they either need to make a decent Mac client, or just not expect people to use it.

If they released an Intel Mac version of Graal, I would renew all of my subscriptions. Currently I only have one for playerworlds (developing), but I'd play GK, etc again if I could.

Maybe they could make friends with some of the nice people down at Apple HQ? Slip the gal at the Genius Bar a $20 (I guess they probably don't have too many of those in France?)

Novo 12-02-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1361520)
I can understand that. However, they do need to realize that they either need to make a decent Mac client, or just not expect people to use it.

If they released an Intel Mac version of Graal, I would renew all of my subscriptions. Currently I only have one for playerworlds (developing), but I'd play GK, etc again if I could.

Maybe they could make friends with some of the nice people down at Apple HQ? Slip the gal at the Genius Bar a $20 (I guess they probably don't have too many of those in France?)

Or... Dual-boot into windows and play Graal. :) You need to realize... Blah Blah Blah... Blah Blah... Or you could infiltrate Cyb... Blah Blah Blah... compile it yo... ... ...

Twinny 12-02-2007 02:49 AM

I demand Graal for my z/OS system because I deserve it, dammit!

</sarcasm>

cbk1994 12-02-2007 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1361711)
I demand Graal for my z/OS system because I deserve it, dammit!

</sarcasm>

Improper HTML will get you no where.

You need to start with an opening tag before the closing tag ;)

Admins 02-20-2008 01:14 AM

News: Compiled a version for Intel Mac, runs fast :) Resizing of the window doesn't work yet (leopard problem?) but it should be fixed before the release of the next Graal version.

cbk1994 02-20-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1375803)
News: Compiled a version for Intel Mac, runs fast :) Resizing of the window doesn't work yet (leopard problem?) but it should be fixed before the release of the next Graal version.

I LOVE YOU!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

WHEN WILL THIS GODLY VERSION OF GRAAL FOR MAC BE RELEASED? WITH THE NEXT CLIENT RELEASE?

Darklux 02-20-2008 01:00 PM

Ah finally. I have no mac, but its only fair as the windows version and linux version run quite decent :O