Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Random GraalOnline password changed email? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257382)

papajchris 12-20-2009 08:49 PM

Random GraalOnline password changed email?

Im a bit confused on something. I got a random email from graal a few days ago saying my password was changed. I didn't think much of it at the time but then i realized that im still logging onto the forums with my old password. So i tried logging onto graal and my old password works. I havent tried the new password as i don't know my old password and i don't want to lose it. But now im curious do i have two passwords or something?

Darlene159 12-20-2009 09:26 PM

I would forum PM a member of the pwa and ask them.

cbk1994 12-20-2009 09:33 PM

It's possible that one of the "bad people" sent it out to try to phish passwords or something, but it seems much more likely that it was just an error with Graal. You should definitely talk to a PWA, like Darlene said, preferably TSA or Tig since they have account rights while Bell is gone.

Elk 12-20-2009 09:45 PM

Wow...thanks for reminding me, I thought Bell never existed x.x

TSAdmin 12-21-2009 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by papajchris (Post 1545878)
Im a bit confused on something. I got a random email from graal a few days ago saying my password was changed. I didn't think much of it at the time but then i realized that im still logging onto the forums with my old password. So i tried logging onto graal and my old password works. I havent tried the new password as i don't know my old password and i don't want to lose it. But now im curious do i have two passwords or something?

If you only got 1 e-mail it was probably saying there was a request made for a password change and you had to click a confirmation link before it would reset your password as requested.

Attachment 50086

Someone probably entered your account into the field thinking it would instantly change your password on you, but it doesn't work like that. If you didn't click the link in the Password Change Request e-mail, and you never got a second one either saying "Your password was successfully changed", then your password isn't likely to have changed at all which is why your "Old" one still works.

papajchris 12-21-2009 04:38 AM

The thing is that it was indeed change as it shows:

Quote:

Account Password Changed

You recently completed a password change for your GraalOnline account. Below is your new account information.

Your Login Name: **************
Your New Login Password: ********

NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE !!
If someone asks for your password claiming to be a GraalOnline Staff or that he/she can help you, refuse.

Please print out this email and keep it somewhere safe for future reference.

We hope to see you in Graal soon!

Best Regards,
GraalOnline Management
However Tig is checking into it!