Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   We the people... (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134264557)

WillaWonka 09-15-2011 03:16 AM

We the people...

Want to know: what the hell is going on?

I'ts been 24hrs+ since the hack, you haven't been able to give us information on whats going on, and I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything, but whats taking so long to rollback? If stefan is your problem, then tell us that, I personally don't want to be left hanging. The least you can do for us is make Era Dev a bit more user friendly, not fun with every single "good" weapon out of stock, and staff giving players MP5s, then when you ask for a handout, they say no, now. Cash is utterly useless to there since no one is selling for cash, no point to anyways. All i'm suggesting is a better haven while we wait for main to come back on.

If you can't recoup with the hack then at least tell us that you can't. I'm feeling as if your about to reset "Main" Era, but who knows (why).

oralgnome 09-15-2011 03:22 AM

Reset inc
http://www.indamixworldwide.com/html...20we%20can.jpg

fowlplay4 09-15-2011 04:11 AM

Well looks like they had a backup but I'm sure the downtime is being spent trying to figure out _how_ it was done and implementing measures to prevent it from happening.

Crono 09-15-2011 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1668174)
Well looks like they had a backup but I'm sure the downtime is being spent trying to figure out _how_ it was done and implementing measures to prevent it from happening.

New to scripting? Read my guide.

papajchris 09-15-2011 04:18 AM

Jerret sums it up. Obviously a rollback would be useless if it can just happen again.

Herb_P2P 09-15-2011 05:07 AM

shut up

punkrules 09-15-2011 05:09 AM

Yeah really who the **** cares.

RogueShatterblade 09-15-2011 05:43 AM

if era isn't up by the time i wake up i'm going to kill myself
i can't take this

Dragon551 09-15-2011 05:46 AM

Sorry for the delays but yes we are currently in the process of finding the source of the bug and are working to prevent any future problems. After speaking with Stefan and fixing up a few things on the server I expect Era to be back up *hopefully* some time tomorrow or Friday. We're working as fast as we can but please bare with us as this isn't something that can be fixed within a few hours.

We are trying to keep you entertained with Era Dev but nothing was really planned out, we didn't expect to open Era Dev at all. So please be patient.

Typed up from my iPhone

fowlplay4 09-15-2011 06:09 AM

I wanna look for vulnerabilities :(

DuBsTeRmAn 09-15-2011 10:30 AM

@ Alfonso.

Please take staffsticks away from your annoying little kid staffs aka TheJames, its kind of annoying that he sticks everyone.

WillaWonka 09-15-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn (Post 1668192)
@ Alfonso.

Please take staffsticks away from your annoying little kid staffs aka TheJames, its kind of annoying that he sticks everyone.

rofl

littlekinky 09-15-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn (Post 1668192)
@ Alfonso.

Well said name. I am the good one :p

NicoX 09-15-2011 03:04 PM

My question now: Why Era? Why not GK or Zodiac or whatever?
Im 100% sure that some of your staff just updated a script somewhere to manipulate Variables or whatever. I dont think someone would hack Era by hacking EuroCenter Servers and mess it up.
Well I hope you will find the error soon. Bad for the Graal Playercount though.
And be carefull when hiring new Staff with NC access. You should inform yourself about there background.

Good Luck Alfonso and Era Staff Team

Crow 09-15-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1668205)
And be carefull when hiring new Staff with NC access.

Level access is enough to rip apart a whole playerworld. I wish we could limit level scripts to simple things and joining classes.