Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Class Development (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268687)

Conqueror 09-02-2013 10:33 PM

Class Development

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1722210)
Good feedback.

Maybe we can redevelop the classes aswell. To make it worth using multiple character slots.

^ That's huge guys. Class development has been a topic brought up by players so many times in the past that eventually everyone just stopped bothering to ask.

I know this is going to be a tough topic to talk about, as we all already know how broken the current system is (Proper dmg output, bringing balance to the magic players of the community etc).

There's lots that we could discuss/debate for weeks, probably picking apart every in-game mechanic right down to its core. But lets try not do that this time-- Maybe in the future, with a larger team at GK's disposal, but not now.

Now then, let's brainstorm. What little things could happen to bring about some specialty in classes chosen?

Warrior: Higher shield-block % rate?

Barbarian: 2x dmg dealt when health drops below 50hp?

Thief: Ability to grant +15 speed boost for 10 seconds?

Priest: Auto-grace regeneration? Revives or Team Heals?

Sorcerer: Faster mana regeneration/less mana spell costs? Mage-only spells?

Alchemists: Alchemist only potions? Ability to use potions in core?

These are just a couple at the top of my head. What things would you all like to see?

Stephen 09-02-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conqueror (Post 1722225)
^ That's huge guys. Class development has been a topic brought up by players so many times in the past that eventually everyone just stopped bothering to ask.

I know this is going to be a tough topic to talk about, as we all already know how broken the current system is (Proper dmg output, bringing balance to the magic players of the community etc).

There's lots that we could discuss/debate for weeks, probably picking apart every in-game mechanic right down to its core. But lets try not do that this time-- Maybe in the future, with a larger team at GK's disposal, but not now.

Now then, let's brainstorm. What little things could happen to bring about some specialty in classes chosen?

Warrior: Higher shield-block % rate?

Barbarian: 2x dmg dealt when health drops below 50hp?

Thief: Ability to grant +15 speed boost for 10 seconds?

Priest: Auto-grace regeneration? Revives or Team Heals?

Sorcerer: Faster mana regeneration/less mana spell costs? Mage-only spells?

Alchemists: Alchemist only potions? Ability to use potions in core?

These are just a couple at the top of my head. What things would you all like to see?

Don't get too excited - there are hardcoded limits to what is available. That being said, Cubes has already showed he is capable of improving within limitations (skills) so there is some promise.

Conqueror 09-02-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1722226)
Don't get too excited

Amgerdd, y u buzzkill? :cry:

Torankusu 09-02-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conqueror (Post 1722227)
Amgerdd, y u buzzkill? :cry:

not a buzzkill, unfortunately just a limitation of this particular playerworld from day one.

NicoX 09-03-2013 12:09 AM

Okay! We will do this.

I want to collect more ideas for each class.
Advantages - Disadvantages

Throw everything you can think of in here. We will combine the best ideas/arguments and work on this.

luke10050 09-03-2013 12:13 AM

Theirs not really much you could do, id possibly suggest removing or upping. the 30stat cap and giving classes passive stats.

For example:

Warrior +2 str +1 con
Barbarian +6 str -2 con

Im not sure how much that'd throw a spanner in the works.

But because every class can have any skill/use any weapons, its really hard to think of something aside from that you could do.

luke10050 09-03-2013 12:19 AM

Maybe stuff like small passive/active skills for each class.

Barbarian: -1hp a second +20 damage (toggleable)

Warrior: +5 damage (passive)

Thief: +3 speed (passive)

Alchemist: +10% bonus exp for party; Can create a exp potion @ lvl 70 giving an extra 10% bonus exp.

Priest: Passive HP Regen for party? Not sure of a number. + Passive Grace Regen

Sorcerer: Passive SP regen, 5 extra SP a level gained?

BigBear3 09-03-2013 12:33 AM

I wish healing was revamped. I've always loved playing the support classes.

I'd assume any class reworking would give everyone a chance to reselect? 90% of us are barbarians for the 20 20 20 start.

NicoX 09-03-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBear3 (Post 1722235)
I wish healing was revamped. I've always loved playing the support classes.

I'd assume any class reworking would give everyone a chance to reselect? 90% of us are barbarians for the 20 20 20 start.

There will be 1 free class selection when done.

BigBear3 09-03-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1722236)
There will be 1 free class selection when done.

Without losing anything? (Stats,Skills,etc.?)

I would love to roll a priest if healing was actually more than it is now.

Supaman771 09-03-2013 03:18 AM

I like this idea, should we all be provided a class-reset (which would be a whole project in-itself I believe).

However, it must be perfectly executed and balanced the first time and not modified there-after, or this will just become Zodiac. (everyone jumping on the most op class until it gets nerfed, then repeat)

Stephen 09-03-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1722240)
However, it must be perfectly executed and balanced the first time and not modified there-after

no pressure.

Supaman771 09-03-2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1722241)
no pressure.

You get what I mean though right? I feel the need to further explain:

If there's one slightly stronger class (even a single stat..), especially on a largely stat/numbers based server like GK, everyone will rotate to that class. Similar to how everyone currently selects Barbarian to obtain a 20/20/20 start as said prior.

If that happens, balancing it after the original execution could produce a paradoxical effect of players always jumping ship to the next best class as they are modified/balanced further. Strikingly similar to how a multitude of players switched to or chose Ogma/Bile because they are currently more powerful. Another example can be found simply by playing Zodiac for a day.

seanthien 09-03-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1722242)
If there's one slightly stronger class (even a single stat..), especially on a largely stat/numbers based server like GK, everyone will rotate to that class. Similar to how everyone currently selects Barbarian to obtain a 20/20/20 start as said prior.

Just saying, I'd never recommend a new player to be barbarian. Having >10 int is awful.

Sorc is definitely the way to go, magic's so strong early. :cool:

Conqueror 09-03-2013 06:20 PM

I see what you're saying Rogue. Especially if these class bonus's are enabled in events-- I can see people hopping over to a class that's less PvE supported to one more PvP supported in order to win more spar events.

Unless of course there's a way to disable these effects for spar.