Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   No Support Center? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257187)

Angel_Light 12-04-2009 05:27 AM

No Support Center?

I cant seem to get to the support center page. It just redirects me to the graal home page. Is it down for maintenance or something. Could someone inform me please?

cbk1994 12-04-2009 05:40 AM

It was hacked, again, and it's been offline for at least a month now. Hopefully they find some other software that works, it's ridiculous without one.

Matt 12-04-2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1542302)
Hopefully they find some other software that works, it's ridiculous without one.

Remember seeing a post by Tig stating he suggested a decent one to Stefan, but haven't heard anything about it, yet.

SupportTrio was is one of the best out there, but since it failed, maybe we can post some other suggestions?

fowlplay4 12-04-2009 06:12 AM

Should just make it scripted and integrated into the client, that seems to be the direction these days.

cbk1994 12-04-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1542305)
Should just make it scripted and integrated into the client, that seems to be the direction these days.

I think that would just be harder to manage, for players and staff.

WhiteDragon 12-04-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1542308)
I think that would just be harder to manage, for players and staff.

And impossible for anyone who can't use the client.

Matt 12-04-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteDragon (Post 1542310)
And impossible for anyone who can't use the client.

Agreed.

I know that Isolsoft Support Center is of high quality, and has some real good reviews.

TSAdmin 12-04-2009 09:21 AM

Personally I hope suitable software is found in a timely manner because it's getting pretty difficult to manage cases with no records, if any come at all.

It's also annoying to explain to people the most obvious methods of contact while Support is down:

* Forum PM, for those with forum access
* E-mail, EVERYONE has e-mail and it doesn't require any correspondence to GraalOnline to even use it
and obviously every Global Admin, even moderators of the forums, have @GraalOnline.com e-mail addresses so there's always a way to contact us from all departments of Support. For a list of these e-mails, share this with your friends

But still follows with "HELP! I CAN'T CONTACT ANY GLOBALS!" -_-

Imperialistic 12-04-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1542328)
obviously every Global Admin, even moderators of the forums, have <account>@graalonline.com e-mail addresses

If I'm not mistaken isn't Tig's email "[email protected]", and SN's is "[email protected]", OH YEAH and, Darlene's is "[email protected]".

Technically, that isn't their account name. So it would be cool to clear that up before you start a rush of confusion.

So no duh, I would be saying

Quote:

"HELP! I CAN'T CONTACT ANY GLOBALS!"
if I couldn't contact (i.e.) "[email protected]" which is a false email.

Tigairius 12-04-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1542329)
Tig's email "[email protected]"

Yes, that's right. I figured, if someone needed to contact me, it's easier to remember "Tig" than "Tigairius" :)

Imperialistic 12-04-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1542333)
Yes, that's right. I figured, if someone needed to contact me, it's easier to remember "Tig" than "Tigairius" :)

I understand that 100%, but the way TSAdmin states it, makes it a WHOLE lot more confusing to people.

TSAdmin 12-04-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1542334)
I understand that 100[percent], but the way TSAdmin states it, makes it a WHOLE lot more confusing to people.

I don't e-mail those guys, so I had actually forgotten that Tig had a shortened one, and wasn't even aware that the other two mentioned were also custom. Personally I think that the fact that they're custom causes more confusion because then they could be anything from [email protected] to [email protected]

Edit: "Tig" actually is an account, one of Tig's other accounts. That's probably why I never thought twice about his e-mail address.

Imperialistic 12-04-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1542336)
I don't e-mail those guys, so I had actually forgotten that Tig had a shortened one, and wasn't even aware that the other two mentioned were also custom. Personally I think that the fact that they're custom causes more confusion because then they could be anything from [email protected] to [email protected]

Are you joking?

Do you think [email protected], is more confusing that [email protected]

or

[email protected], is more confusing than [email protected]

Either way you still avoided the point, in your other post you should edit it and clarify the proper email(s).

Quote:

Edit: "Tig" actually is an account, one of Tig's other accounts. That's probably why I never thought twice about his e-mail address.
Oh sweet, lets start naming emails after alternate accounts! (hai im Stefan, my email is "[email protected]" because thats my alt account)
Tig is just short, and easier to remember.

No pun intended, but you should just clarify the mistake that can cause confusion over a pretty serious situation in some cases.

TSAdmin 12-04-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1542338)
Are you joking?

Do you think [email protected], is more confusing that [email protected]

or

[email protected], is more confusing than [email protected]

I am not joking in the slightest. It is indeed easier to remember what exists than what is provided as an apparent convenience, which in turn could actually be an inconvenience. I'm not going to automatically assume that Darlene's e-mail is [email protected], I'm likely going to sit there thinking to myself "Hmm, what was her account again? Oh, it's Darlene159!" because that's what she logs onto every other aspect of Graal with.

Quote:

Either way you still avoided the point, in your other post you should edit it and clarify the proper email(s).
I have edited my post, but my point still stands that people still don't seem to use it but are content on still complaining that they cannot contact a global.

Quote:

Oh sweet, lets start naming emails after alternate accounts! (hai im Stefan, my email is "[email protected]" because thats my alt account)
Tig is just short, and easier to remember.
That's not what I was getting at, at all. Please don't put words in my mouth to suit your argument. Tig didn't use it as an alternative for a while, it is an actual account he used primarily at one point, and could easily have been associated with the e-mail first for all anyone knows.

Imperialistic 12-04-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1542339)
I am not joking in the slightest. It is indeed easier to remember what exists than what is provided as an apparent convenience, which in turn could actually be an inconvenience. I'm not going to automatically assume that Darlene's e-mail is [email protected], I'm likely going to sit there thinking to myself "Hmm, what was her account again? Oh, it's Darlene159!" because that's what she logs onto every other aspect of Graal with.

I will edit my post, but my point still stands that people still don't seem to use it but are content on still complaining that they cannot contact a global.

[sarcasm]Oh yeah, everyone that needs Global Support DEFINETLY remembers all the globals account names. [/sarcasm]