Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why cant i see the light effects (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13884)

smasher 10-05-2001 11:26 PM

Why cant i see the light effects

1 Attachment(s)
:( Why cant i see the light effects on graal 2001?
sometimes it shows but its damnaged

AlexH 10-05-2001 11:28 PM

cause your gfx card suxs

smasher 10-05-2001 11:30 PM

No it doesn't
it started when i got the newest graal

G_yoshi 10-05-2001 11:55 PM

If you want Graal2.1b2, just PM me with your email address and I can send it to you :)

smasher 10-06-2001 05:20 AM

does it work with the server graal 2001?

NotoriousBLT 10-06-2001 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by G_yoshi
If you want Graal2.1b2, just PM me with your email address and I can send it to you :)
What's that? Because my light effects are screwed also. Does it help? it so email me at [email protected]

spi 10-06-2001 12:55 PM

I CAN NEVER SEE LIGHTINF EFFECTS :(

ZanderX 10-06-2001 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by smasher
does it work with the server graal 2001?

Of course it would. Server does not matter, it's your graphics card or the Graal exe you are running.

also:

Spi! I WIL SNED U NEW GRAFACKS CRAD>

SkooL 10-06-2001 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZanderX

Of course it would. Server does not matter, it's your graphics card or the Graal exe you are running.

also:

Spi! I WIL SNED U NEW GRAFACKS CRAD>

Speaking of graphics cards, I called tech support on my new computer. Reason being that when I ask it to shut down, it goes to sleep and won't wake up. So I then have to switch the power off. The guy answering my question said that it was my graphics card...and sent a new one. I doubt it has anything to do with the graphics card. I hate people who won't help out and give a fake answer so they don't have to ask their superiors and make themselves look bad. Atleast I got a free graphics card. ;D

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ 10-06-2001 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SkooL
Speaking of graphics cards, I called tech support on my new computer. Reason being that when I ask it to shut down, it goes to sleep and won't wake up. So I then have to switch the power off. The guy answering my question said that it was my graphics card...and sent a new one. I doubt it has anything to do with the graphics card. I hate people who won't help out and give a fake answer so they don't have to ask their superiors and make themselves look bad. Atleast I got a free graphics card. ;D
Hey! My computer does that too
If I leave my computer off for a couple hours and decide to turn it back on itworks fine, then I put it in sleep mode. However, I can't get it out of sleep mode forcing me to turn my computer off. But I keep trying and usually after 3 or 4 tries it finally works. Weird huh?

ZORG1986 10-06-2001 11:13 PM

If you cant see light effects it is because your GFX Card doesn't support them......hense you need a better GFX card

Juron Pilo 10-07-2001 10:04 AM

my card supports them in other programs.. so it is Stefan's fault

LordMax 10-07-2001 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Juron Pilo
same

toad1413 10-07-2001 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Juron Pilo
It's actually half and half. Half Stefan's fault, half yours.

It's half Stefan's because he hasn't added OpenGL support in graal.
And half yours for not getting a card which has full 3D rendering capabillities. So don't blame it all on Stefan so quickly.

Tyhm 10-08-2001 07:52 AM

Yeah, but don't underestimate the degree to which it's the card manufacturer's fault for neither making nor patching it to the accepted protocol.