Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   5th Anniversary! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79611)

HoudiniMan 05-03-2008 11:02 AM

5th Anniversary!

Today marks my 5th year as a Playerworld Administrator!

To celebrate, I want to have a Q&A here on the forums. You can ask me anything you like! (remember to respect the forum rules)

Bring it on :)

DustyPorViva 05-03-2008 11:36 AM

What do you think about Graals current state?

Robin 05-03-2008 01:29 PM

1. Was it better five years ago?
  2. Do I still own your face? (I'm fairly certain I do)
  3. Were you instated as a result of the flying technology being previewed or instead of it being released?
  4. Do you like cheese?
  5. If so, what kind?
  6. I am QUEEN AMADALA from Nigeria, DO YOU WANT TO DO PROFITABLE BUSINESS DEAL WITH ME?

pooper200000 05-03-2008 01:38 PM

What improvements do you think should be made to Graal as a whole? Explain why those improvements should be made into Graal. :p

Rufus 05-03-2008 02:11 PM

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as a PWA?

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What ammount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.

7) Please be concise in your replies. It is a valuable communication skill to be able to convey a lot with fewer well-chosen words, rather than rambling essays.

cbk1994 05-03-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1388818)
1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as a PWA?

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What ammount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

7) Please be concise in your replies. It is a valuable communication skill to be able to convey a lot with fewer well-chosen words, rather than rambling essays.

LOL

Happy "birthday"!

My simple question: What do you enjoy about being a PWA?

kia345 05-03-2008 03:37 PM

Do you plan on actually answering these with the intensity you supposedly reply to support tickets?

Desear 05-03-2008 03:45 PM

Congratulations on five years. :)

Only Question is, How are you?

Chompy 05-03-2008 04:22 PM

Happy 5th PWA year!

Q: Sup?

Pimmeh 05-03-2008 04:26 PM

O hai!
I herd u laik mudkipz?

Horrified 05-03-2008 05:18 PM

Do you have a GIRLFRIEND?!

If not...I'm single.

cbk1994 05-03-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horrified (Post 1388871)

Of course he doesn't; he is spending so much time answering support tickets that he doesn't have time for gurlz (let alone you!)

Bell 05-04-2008 08:36 AM

Happy Anniversary. I only have one question

How have you retained your sanity? Or have you? :p

HoudiniMan 05-04-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1388803)
What do you think about Graals current state?

Broad question, but in general it needs to reform the way it presents itself. Graal is all over the place, needs to advertise at least on a basic 20$/month level, and needs to have support people who can make calls to provide quick turn around on support tickets in all departments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin (Post 1388808)
  1. Was it better five years ago?
  2. Do I still own your face? (I'm fairly certain I do)
  3. Were you instated as a result of the flying technology being previewed or instead of it being released?
  4. Do you like cheese?
  5. If so, what kind?
  6. I am QUEEN AMADALA from Nigeria, DO YOU WANT TO DO PROFITABLE BUSINESS DEAL WITH ME?

Five years ago it was more wonderous, but largely the same. I had to figure out how to do this political beast of a job. I mean, how do you talk a manager into doing what you say when you can't make them? Now it's a little easier, because we can make them, but sometimes even now we still need Ibonic to enforce policies they refuse to respect.

All faces uploaded are property of GraalOnline :p

I was instated before the flying technology existed

Cheese is great, I like muenster (sp?)

I don't know much about business, but do you need my credit card or social security number? I have those written on a sticky on my monitor :oo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1388810)
What improvements do you think should be made to Graal as a whole? Explain why those improvements should be made into Graal. :p

We so did this one in the first Q

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1388818)

Har har har

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1388821)
LOL

Happy "birthday"!

My simple question: What do you enjoy about being a PWA?

Helping people with good ideas succeed as project managers and build their ideas into realities we can all enjoy playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1388833)
Do you plan on actually answering these with the intensity you supposedly reply to support tickets?

I'm currently putting all my free time into shopping for a car, because mine broke down a week ago and I'm renting one. It's terribly expensive. I make the time though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desear (Post 1388836)
Congratulations on five years. :)

Only Question is, How are you?

After five years I've lost some of the can-do spirit of change, but whenever change for the better is actually possible that spirit flares up again. Also, I've been waiting a long time for a polished playerworld project to pop up. Oasis, Zenkou, all the others that died before they launched make me :frown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1388853)
Happy 5th PWA year!

Q: Sup?

Nm, u? :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimmeh (Post 1388855)
O hai!
I herd u laik mudkipz?

Don't drink and drive kids!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horrified (Post 1388871)

If not...I'm single.

Yes... (white):oo:(/white)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1389021)
Happy Anniversary. I only have one question

How have you retained your sanity? Or have you? :p

Once I hit the ceiling for what I can do to improve the system I turn back to the players struggling with it and try to help them individually with my experience and hope they don't feel like it's impossible to excel.

kia345 05-04-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoudiniMan (Post 1389101)
I'm currently putting all my free time into shopping for a car, because mine broke down a week ago and I'm renting one. It's terribly expensive. I make the time though :)

ITT we hire people for over 5 years who can't answer questions online without losing the time to buy a car