Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Unholy Nation Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Events Team Cadets (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262081)

Rufus 02-12-2011 05:15 PM

Events Team Cadets

They've been cadets for 5 weeks now, why?

Crono 02-12-2011 06:04 PM

obv not trained enough!!

Fulg0reSama 02-12-2011 06:06 PM

Inactive Chief, Incapable of proving of being anything higher then the rest which would cause questionable leadership if not taken care of on both the higher ETs/ET Chief.

There's a lot of reasons probably but those are the most common.

Rufus 02-12-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1630408)
Inactive Chief, Incapable of proving of being anything higher then the rest which would cause questionable leadership if not taken care of on both the higher ETs/ET Chief.

There's a lot of reasons probably but those are the most common.

There is no Events Team Administrator, but that doesn't mean the Events Team are incapable of being promoted. Obviously when there isn't an Events Team Administrator (or anyone suited to the position) someone like a Manager of PR Administrator would step in and look over the team. It has been 5 weeks now though, and I don't think people realize how inconvenient it is to host events with half the tools an Events Team member is supposed to have.

codecub 02-12-2011 06:17 PM

why do you even need to train somebody to host events its easy

Fulg0reSama 02-12-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1630410)
There is no Events Team Administrator, but that doesn't mean the Events Team are incapable of being promoted. Obviously when there isn't an Events Team Administrator (or anyone suited to the position) someone like a Manager of PR Administrator would step in and look over the team. It has been 5 weeks now though, and I don't think people realize how inconvenient it is to host events with half the tools an Events Team member is supposed to have.

Okay then obviously then maybe its time for a form of evaluation? I can host events without a god damn tool so I kind of find your "Inconvenience" point to be moot, Unless you mean like information on how to host then clearly they need to be taught more thoroughly tbh I'm not quite catching what you mean by that regardless.

Rufus 02-12-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1630415)
Okay then obviously then maybe its time for a form of evaluation?

Well yeah?

Quote:

I can host events without a god damn tool so I kind of find your "Inconvenience" point to be moot, Unless you mean like information on how to host then clearly they need to be taught more thoroughly tbh I'm not quite catching what you mean by that regardless.

I never said that events couldn't be hosted without the tools an Events Team member is supposed to have, as they clearly can and are being hosted without them. What I did say was that I don't think people realize how inconvenient it is to host events with half the tools an Events Team member is supposed to have, because it is inconvenient. When such basic tools exist for the sole purpose of making a member of staff's job easier, to aid in someone actually doing their job on the server, those members of staff should have those tools made available to them.

If the staff who are supposed to be looking after this team had to do the same job under the same conditions I'm pretty certain they would become readily available as soon as possible. There is clearly no empathy here, and yes, it is relevant to the fact that they are simply being ignored.

Fulg0reSama 02-12-2011 09:54 PM

Okay, now of course there's no empathy here at the GraalOnline forums; Not really a good place to choose considering this is a mix of over a decade of server's communities of old and new... You may wanna stick to the UN's forums and actually be active on the problem to get things fixed.

Rufus 02-12-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1630465)
Okay, now of course there's no empathy here at the GraalOnline forums; Not really a good place to choose considering this is a mix of over a decade of server's communities of old and new... You may wanna stick to the UN's forums and actually be active on the problem to get things fixed.

Nope.

Twinny 02-12-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

I can host events without a god damn tool so I kind of find your "Inconvenience" point to be moot

Tools are kinda handy...like one that actually lets you draw players to you to actually do the event! One that kets you kick and such! I don't like to warp 40 people via RC =[

o wait thats a tool :cry:

MysticX2X 02-12-2011 10:43 PM

This is a question to ask the manager!

Fulg0reSama 02-12-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1630481)
Tools are kinda handy...like one that actually lets you draw players to you to actually do the event! One that kets you kick and such! I don't like to warp 40 people via RC =[

o wait thats a tool :cry:

Don't confuse scripts with tools entirely you silly goose! :p

Mark Sir Link 02-12-2011 11:29 PM

I think the underlying point here is that the expectation was that after Rufus' departure from ET Admin (over a month ago), the management would have either stepped up to fill that role themselves or found a replacement. Clearly neither has happened since the same ETs that were hired on Jan 9th are still cadets. This is just another show of negligence from a Manager who is somehow able to convince people he is doing a great job with UN with empty words and telling people what they want to hear.

Obviously they don't need to have access to things like warpto, Incognito, Ice, and access to the ET Donation Box but I sure think having access to those things would make for a better environment.

DustyPorViva 02-12-2011 11:41 PM

There was one ET cadet that I liked, she was nice and actually listened/hosted frequently. I forget who she was though :(

fowlplay4 02-12-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1630501)
There was one ET cadet that I liked, she was nice and actually listened/hosted frequently. I forget who she was though :(

shoulda put a ring on it.