Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   CTF and Blocking (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134265460)

DarkRenji 12-30-2011 09:14 PM

CTF and Blocking

Honestly, this event just needs to be removed seeing as anything can be misconstrued as "blocking".

I was playing CTF today, and winning as defender, then 2 raiders made it past me, George (the ETA), and someone else.

After finishing my fight in the upper area, I proceed to go down the ladder and into the flag room, once I get there I see George and his teammate at my flag, I advance towards them and into the linear area with the barrels (The only way in and out of the room), I stood there for a sec (honestly less then 3 seconds), then threw a grenade at george and rushed him, killing him in the process then not even 10 secs later he gets on ETA tag and warps to the event and kicks me saying I was blocking, now then how else could I of handled this? Just let him walk past me, out of my base and into the open area of the map?

For ****s sakes, how is this even considered blocking?
If it really pissed you off this much you need to make 2 ways in and out of the flags hold.

GeorgeC 12-30-2011 09:31 PM

All I can say is, if 3 people, blocking 2 people down that linear area, holding down D whilst also impeding mine and my teams paths isn't blocking.

Then standing next to a door swinging a light sabre isn't laming is what you're saying in retrospect...

Even someone new to the game would know that was blocking.

I kicked you and the other 2 players for blocking the path, I tried telling DMC43 why it was blocking and you naded then the three of you decided to rush us where I was blown up.

DarkRenji 12-30-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeC (Post 1680108)
All I can say is, if 3 people, blocking 2 people down that linear area, holding down D whilst also impeding mine and my teams paths isn't blocking.

Then standing next to a door swinging a light sabre isn't laming is what you're saying in retrospect...

Even someone new to the game would know that was blocking.

I kicked you and the other 2 players for blocking the path, I tried telling DMC43 why it was blocking and you naded then the three of you decided to rush us where I was blown up.

Was I holding down D? Because it's funny I didn't fire a shot till I hit you with my grenade, I am sorry you were typing when it happened, but that's really irrelevant, If I was the one typing and you killed me, would you summon me and give me another chance to kill you? You wouldn't. This happens to everybody.

and the other 2 people with me were trial accounts, if you couldn't beat the guy spamming D with throwing Knives before I got down there that is your own problem... and its funny because neither of the 2 trial's even touched you while I was down there, I killed you alone once arriving..

DMC even said it didn't look like I was doing anything wrong, AND HE WAS THE ONE HOSTING, why did you feel the need to tag up and do his job for him? If it was fowl play then he would of done something himself..

Also you completely avoided the question of what I should of done in that situation, should the defenders just let the raiders walk out of the base before engaging them?

salesman 12-30-2011 09:45 PM

georgeC sounds super corrupt ban him

WillaWonka 12-30-2011 09:50 PM

I hate that area, I was shooting down it once, and a ET said "No blocking" I told him that i am not just gonna let them run past, and that is not what is defined as blocking, then kept shooting and he kicked me. It's merely considered a stand-off. Blocking is if you are standing in front of the ladder or the door on purpose just to lame them. If they are rushing you and your shooting while running back and end up at the door accidentally blocking it, shouldn't be your fault, should be the person that is rushing you's fault for forcing that situation.

Supaman771 12-30-2011 10:35 PM

If you don't block or impede their movement then they automatically win the event, since players have the same speed and they can just run to the flag.

I keep telling the ETAs (since Alfonso) to make exception for the flag carriers, or to add a speed deduction when you're in possession of the flag.

Plenty of ETs do this, Seth warps back to PK events every time he dies and 50% of the time ends up kicking the people that killed him for some stupid thing like 'laming' or 'blocking' or 'illegal weapon'.

In my honest opinion: if the weapon is enabled, use it. If they back themselves into a corner, block the path. If you're the only competent player on your team, lame the crap out of them.

People use the 'blocking' and 'laming' excuse way too often, when 99% of the time it's their fault for running into an exposed corridor, or getting backed into a corner.
Just let the players play.

Starfire2001 12-31-2011 12:24 AM

Man I don't play Era, but ETAs and ETs shouldn't go on tag during a team event and kick players on the opposite team for any reason, they should report any problems to the ET hosting the event. Why? Cause its a funny thing, but you never see an ET leap on tag to kick someone on their own team for rule breaking.

Also "blocking" being illegal sounds pretty lame.

Kohola_KinG 12-31-2011 12:32 AM

Really? You couldn't have made a ticket or pmed staff about it? Or you just wanted to start more **** on the forums? :confused:

DarkRenji 12-31-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG (Post 1680132)
Really? You couldn't have made a ticket or pmed staff about it? Or you just wanted to start more **** on the forums? :confused:

Yep, I informed him I was gonna do it before hand. :)

I figured maybe somebody could teach me how to properly play CTF that won't get me kicked from it, however nobody has answered one of my original question's yet.

Gambet1337 12-31-2011 01:48 AM

how is that blocking? lulz
so pretty much don't defend let them go by..? :s

Demisis_P2P 12-31-2011 09:34 AM

ET shouldn't be kicking people from other ETs events period.

Sounds like he was upset about losing TBH.

Felix_Xenophobe 12-31-2011 12:03 PM

george c u done it now

Mark Sir Link 12-31-2011 06:52 PM

is this XxJiggaxX's alt

FantasyX 12-31-2011 07:03 PM

that's definitely not blocking, lol...sounds like george is just a sore loser

Scoper 12-31-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P (Post 1680201)
ET shouldn't be kicking people from other ETs events period.

Sounds like he was upset about losing TBH.

This used to be a fireable rule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link (Post 1680233)
is this XxJiggaxX's alt

Renji? No