Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   GK Suggestions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Actual "Races" (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86105)

kia345 05-31-2009 09:36 PM

Actual "Races"

We already have a lot of races on Kingdoms. We have our elves, we have Chris's brief flight of restarting a Dwarfish movement, there's been Orcs here and there, along with Zorbis and humans and what not. But actually "playing" a race hasn't ever meant, well, anything. Sure, you could "RP" it, but who really RPs anymore? Why not actually implement races as a real, stat affecting part of game-play? It wouldn't really be anything big, and, honestly, we already have kingdoms 'devoted' to playing those races. It could even put a better use to that useless "/title" thing we have. Whole races, heads and bodies dedicated to them, newer skills, etc etc. It would be a small change that could break up a bit of GK's monotony.

Elves would have more speed when using bows or something "elfy" like that, maybe a poison resist and a 10percent chance to dodge an attack or something for pvp.

Dwarves with their superior craftsmanship, let them produce more equipment than usual when crafting (5 more nails than usual or something), let them have better mining rates, and a buff when they drink beer or rum, and swing hammers and axes as they would swords.

Zorbis from the ocean can swim in the deeper waters without being bounced back to shore, maybe an increased mana regain while swimming (Zormite's shields imply they're mages), prevent fish from attacking them while swimming.

Humans could be what everyone is by default, like they are now. If that's the case, a downside should be added to each race.

idk about Orcs or any of the other groups that may have existed, however briefly, but there's races that could be added as well. Bomies could become playable for a nostalgic burst, Lizardons with some stronger unarmed attacks and fire, etc etc.

Seeya 05-31-2009 09:40 PM

Second.

DustyPorViva 05-31-2009 09:42 PM

If races were to be introduced, I think it's a concept that would need to be looked at in much depth and detailed down to the smallest pro/con for balance. These are the kind of changes that you can think of on a whim and throw in, as they're make or break.

Craigus 05-31-2009 10:17 PM

Is a major deal and would take alot of time to do and i don't see it as a big deal, people would pick thier race for the bonuses anyway (zorbi's is OP), i see more scope in many other things such as events, kingdoms, leveling system.

Rufus 05-31-2009 10:26 PM

I think races would be nice, and it would be fun to be a Lizardon on Graal Kingdoms.

CABAL49 06-01-2009 01:48 AM

Zorbis should be stronger than your average human since they live in the water. I guess a downside should be that they are slower, but I doubt anyone would appreciate that.

kia345 06-01-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CABAL49 (Post 1495832)
Zorbis should be stronger than your average human since they live in the water. I guess a downside should be that they are slower, but I doubt anyone would appreciate that.

More damage from lightning, less accuracy with bows (fins!), maybe a slight nerf to their top speed with speed items. There's tons of tweaks that could be made for each race.

Rufus 06-01-2009 02:02 AM

I think that Graal Kingdoms is more equipped for the implementation of races than most servers are because of the body setup it uses. I'm really unsure if they should have special abilities, as it could lead to heavy balancing issues, but the idea of it is really appealing to me for some reason.

Googi 06-01-2009 02:04 AM

Sounds great! This way, people can complain about the race attributes when Zormite tries to encourage them to play as Zorbi!

kia345 06-01-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1495835)
This way, people can complain about the race attributes when Zormite tries to encourage them to play as Zorbi!

No problem there, Zormite doesn't encourage it!

Googi 06-01-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1495837)
No problem there, Zormite doesn't encourage it!

But you realize this suggestion runs contrary to your desire that they do, right?

Tigairius 06-01-2009 08:41 PM

It could be nice, but there is a problem:
There's no one to do all of that work of creating all of those bodies.

Plus, we would have to modify several things to incorporate the new races, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but graphics is the biggest issue.

gravator 06-01-2009 08:58 PM

Yea, add races with certain bonus stats, and lets not stop there! Lets add race scrolls for 1K to the scroll shops too! Why play one when you can play them all!

Really, this was tried with classes and well........there are no classes whatsoever, just a single build that can be modified over time, why not fix that first, then think about getting the races added.

RealDDc 06-01-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1496068)
It could be nice, but there is a problem:
There's no one to do all of that work of creating all of those bodies.

Plus, we would have to modify several things to incorporate the new races, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but graphics is the biggest issue.

Balance>Graphics

The least thing graal could be recommended for, was and will be its graphic. Those pixles are thrown together quickly, im worried about the balance, yet there is a lot problems and bad states with the current gameplay, and you are worried about the graphics?

DustyPorViva 06-02-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis1410 (Post 1496162)
Balance>Graphics

The least thing graal could be recommended for, was and will be its graphic. Those pixles are thrown together quickly, im worried about the balance, yet there is a lot problems and bad states with the current gameplay, and you are worried about the graphics?

Who said he'd dismiss balancing them? I agree with him. Just because Graal is currently 'not recommended' for high-quality graphics does not mean we should just throw in whatever crap we can come up with. That's exactly what's wrong with development on Graal, such low standards.