Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Attacktypes (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268415)

NicoX 07-04-2013 07:56 PM

Attacktypes

Hello,

we enabled the attacktype "fear", "cold" and "fire", also edited the attacktype "poison".

Fear:
Reversing your movement keys for around 3-5 seconds

Poison:
Giving you a burst damage now, not nerfing your stats anymore. This will be used for another attacktype coming in the next weeks.
Poison is now also using a new animation.

Fire:
You become engulfed in flames and have a DoT applied. Players can reapply fire constantly to reset the duration however players may run into water to remove the DoT.

Cold:
There is no animation for this one but it reduces the speed that you attack and you are locked in place for a bit longer. This can be reapplied constantly to reset the duration.

We will try to release a new attacktype every week and keep you updated on this Thread.

Thanks for playing GK.

Thanks to:
Cubical (Developer)

Draenin 07-04-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1720204)
Fear:
Reversing your movement keys for around 3-5 seconds

Let's just ignore the fact that there's a Confusion status effect that this would work way better for, and 'improve' an attack type that already had a decent effect to begin with.

Felix_Xenophobe 07-04-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1720207)
Let's just ignore the fact that there's a Confusion status effect that this would work way better for, and 'improve' an attack type that already had a decent effect to begin with.

Why not promote diversity among attacktypes? What you're suggesting is just further pigeonholeing people into the already more powerful attacktypes. You're getting really annoying

Draenin 07-04-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe (Post 1720209)
Why not promote diversity among attacktypes? What you're suggesting is just further pigeonholeing people into the already more powerful attacktypes. You're getting really annoying

Where do you get the idea that I don't support diversifying them? If anything, I suggest expanding more on the ones that are almost never used. (Ghosthit, Confusion, Paralyze, Slow, Drain, Deplete, etc.)

Revising attack types that are already established is not terribly helpful. I understand that the poison nerf has been needed for a while now, but the fear revision wasn't that necessary.

NicoX 07-04-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1720210)
Where do you get the idea that I don't support diversifying them? If anything, I suggest expanding more on the ones that are almost never used. (Ghosthit, Confusion, Paralyze, Slow, Drain, Deplete, etc.)

Revising attack types that are already established is not terribly helpful. I understand that the poison nerf has been needed for a while now, but the fear revision wasn't that necessary.

Confusion is not reversing ur movement keys though.

Supaman771 07-04-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1720210)

You suggest doing exactly what he's doing? Whoaoaoaoa best idea!

Fear didn't work before, it was a bugfix/addition not a revision. What you suggested with revising Confusion is exactly the thing you said isn't helpful mere moments later in this post... please stop talking out of your ass.

Torankusu 07-04-2013 11:36 PM

I think what he means is that the reversed keys could be utilized more under confusion attacktype, rather than confusion just telling you that you are confused when trying to cast a spell/prayer.

I get the reasoning behind reversed keys (running away / back instead of forward) but the paragraph above is what draenin waa trying to say.

seanthien 07-04-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torankusu (Post 1720215)
I think what he means is that the reversed keys could be utilized more under confusion attacktype, rather than confusion just telling you that you are confused when trying to cast a spell/prayer.

I get the reasoning behind reversed keys (running away / back instead of forward) but the paragraph above is what draenin waa trying to say.

Confusion attack-type does work now. It randomizes/reverses the way you wish to attack and makes bow range inaccurate.

I don't think Draenin has a single clue what works and has changed on Kingdoms.

Good job Nico! Hope you can follow through on your promise to release a new attacktype once a week. :)

Googi 07-05-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

It's a post by Toran

Woah

Crono 07-05-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1720217)
Woah

He plays Era all the time now. Catch up Googi. :]

Stephen 07-05-2013 02:55 AM

This is progress - good work. Hope to see more from Nico's administration. Special thanks to Cubical for volunteering his time to help a community in a way they can enjoy for years.

Cubical 07-05-2013 11:53 AM

If anyone has any suggestions for what should be done to the other attack types that are currently broken or if you have any balancing issues feel free to post them so we can take them into consideration when modifying/creating them.

Draenin 07-05-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

I get the reasoning behind reversed keys (running away / back instead of forward) but the paragraph above is what draenin was trying to say.

Oh hey, someone who gets it.

scriptless 07-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1720224)
Oh hey, someone who gets it.

Confused also makes you swing in other directions. o.O Fear doesnt make sense reversing keys but to say that it belongs on confusion when confusion already kinda sorta does a similar thing ...

Sky 07-05-2013 03:50 PM

I always thought fear used to work back in the day? ;0