Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ipod Help (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134263432)

patrickp2p 06-02-2011 09:16 AM

Ipod Help

So I ALWAYS hear about Graal iphone/ipod touch and I really want to try it out but I can't. My firmware somehow got deleted permanently. I really wanted to test out iphone graal D: .

Details:
Everytime I turn it on it just goes to the apple logo, and not the one with the spinny thing. I tryed and googled EVERY solution to this and not one has come up yet :/

What I've done:
Tried to re-jail break it
Try to update it in itunes (which wont work)
GOOGLE.

Maybe you guys could help (:

Thanks.
P@TR!CK

Tricxta 06-02-2011 09:19 AM

Have you tried re-formating it? Also if you have an old backup hold down shift in itunes and click on restore, then you can restore your ipod to how it was when you made the backup. But don't worry if you can't do it. Era on the iphone is the only thing worth checking out... classic is only good if you like your hats,heads,bodies and furniture updates...

patrickp2p 06-02-2011 09:33 AM

Reformating? and yes I've downloaded several .ipsw (or w/e it is) firmwares and it hasn't worked. :/

Tricxta 06-02-2011 09:38 AM

I think I've heard of this from my friend who's a mac wiz, I think your iDevice might be beyond repair then... I seem to remember him referring to someone who did the same thing as you and destroying there ipod. Don't bother trying to get it refunded by mac by the way. Once you jail break your device mac no longer cares about you. Soz :|

patrickp2p 06-02-2011 01:23 PM

I fixed it within the spand of my last post lol. If anyone else has this problem pm me and i'll tell you exactly howto fix it and get rid of the jailbreak (:

Skyld 06-02-2011 02:02 PM

Incidentally it should normally be possible to restore the firmware via USB by bringing the device into DFU mode by turning the iPhone/iPod off, hold down power+home for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button until iTunes tells you there is a connected device in recovery mode. Then you should be able to restore the firmware as normal.

Emera 06-02-2011 02:10 PM

Hey, you should be able to knock it into DFU mode by holding the power button and home button until the screen goes blank and then release the power button but keep holding the home button until you see the logo, then try to restore it via itunes. Also, don't jailbreak it dude. You might aswell put your ipod in a blender. It has the same effect at the end of the day. i.e Broken and useless. If that doesn't work, get in touch with apple via phone or the online chat system. They might be able to help you.

Also, try this video for a better explanation.

I didn't make this video but it is the best example of the tutorial stated in the text above I have watched.

EDIT: Also, if it fails, to get out of DFU Mode you will need to hold the power button down on your iDevice for 1 minute.

fowlplay4 06-02-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1652777)
Also, don't jailbreak it dude. You might aswell put your ipod in a blender. It has the same effect at the end of the day. i.e Broken and useless.

You're a very unintelligent person.

There are better forums out there like http://www.ifans.com/forums/ that have plenty of resources and people who can help you fix your iPod Touch.

Emera 06-02-2011 03:21 PM

I am just saying, better safe than sorry. I am simply trying to help him out. I could have just took a quick flick at the post and ignored it, but i didn't. And, i don't see how doing so makes me and "unintelligent person"

Tricxta 06-02-2011 11:10 PM

How wrong I was >.< I can no longer call myself an iNoob :(

MattKan 06-03-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1652777)
You might aswell put your ipod in a blender.

Sorry, but I just had to:

http://images.intomobile.com/wp-cont...-zirconia2.png

Kiwi27 06-03-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera
Also, don't jailbreak it dude. You might aswell put your ipod in a blender. It has the same effect at the end of the day. i.e Broken and useless.

First, I do not want to put my iPod into a Blender instead of jailbreaking. Second, there is nothing wrong with jailbreaking. It just makes your iPod/iPhone/iPad awesome-er. Full customization... It be heaven. Most things to do with jailbreaking are legal, unless you get Installous and stoofs...

Anyway, I know these have already been said but heres what I think:

1. DFU mode might help. Already posted above.
2. Shift-Click Update in iTunes (... Or was it restore?)
3. Take it into Apple. Bring a cookie. Ask them to replace it if you still have a warranty. If not, and they know you've jailbroken and stuff, bribe them with the cookie
4. Your iPod/iPhone/iPad is stuffed.
5. Flowers are pretty.

Tricxta 06-03-2011 09:10 AM

Kewl you pretty much summed up this thread but in case you didn't read it he fixed the problem o_0 also having a jail break is ****...customisation vs performance.

Customisation is kewl for the first couple of weeks then you get over it and have to put up with the lag... IMO not worth it :|

Emera 06-03-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi27 (Post 1652902)
First, I do not want to put my iPod into a Blender instead of jailbreaking. Second, there is nothing wrong with jailbreaking. It just makes your iPod/iPhone/iPad awesome-er. Full customization... It be heaven. Most things to do with jailbreaking are legal, unless you get Installous and stoofs...

Anyway, I know these have already been said but heres what I think:

1. DFU mode might help. Already posted above.
2. Shift-Click Update in iTunes (... Or was it restore?)
3. Take it into Apple. Bring a cookie. Ask them to replace it if you still have a warranty. If not, and they know you've jailbroken and stuff, bribe them with the cookie
4. Your iPod/iPhone/iPad is stuffed.
5. Flowers are pretty.

I was just saying that i wouldn't personally jailbreak my iPod after past experiences with broken iPods / iPhones etc. Also, this works perfectly. Try this one out p@trick. Rep for you kiwi.

kia345 06-03-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emera (Post 1652907)
I was just saying that i wouldn't personally jailbreak my iPod

I didn't know people actually used iPhones that weren't jailbroken. I thought that was like owning winrar without paying for it.