Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Blocked, but pingable? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260785)

Deas_Voice 10-11-2010 01:49 PM

Blocked, but pingable?

Hello, I'm wondering if there is any way to connect to a server with rc or client, even if it appears to be blocked, but i can still ping server's ip and do tracert, netstat ect on it-

i'm wondering this because of that, in school, we have often long breaks that i feel that i can kill some time with doing some work on graal, but i can't because of the "block", it is obvious that we shouldn't game at the schools wifi but cmon, msn works, facebook, etc, so why wouldn't a "text program" like RC work?

any ideas how to "by-pass" this?

MrOmega 10-11-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1605541)
Hello, I'm wondering if there is any way to connect to a server with rc or client, even if it appears to be blocked, but i can still ping server's ip and do tracert, netstat ect on it-

i'm wondering this because of that, in school, we have often long breaks that i feel that i can kill some time with doing some work on graal, but i can't because of the "block", it is obvious that we shouldn't game at the schools wifi but cmon, msn works, facebook, etc, so why wouldn't a "text program" like RC work?

any ideas how to "by-pass" this?

I always got around my schools block by putting Firefox on a flash drive and just doing everything from it. Played Graal through the browser, guess you could use client-rc if that works for you.

fowlplay4 10-11-2010 04:30 PM

Going off your statement that you're using your school's Wifi, I imagine you have enough control to use and install Hotspot Shield by AnchorFree on your own machine. It's a free VPN service, but if you're savvy enough you can always setup up your own to home and connect to your Home via VPN and have access to everything there.

Deas_Voice 10-11-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOmega (Post 1605545)
I always got around my schools block by putting Firefox on a flash drive and just doing everything from it. Played Graal through the browser, guess you could use client-rc if that works for you.

i thought the "plugin" that you use to play graal on the browser, was just graal installing itself and making it possible to see from a browser?
even so, this is not a exe block, more like a internet block.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1605559)
Going off your statement that you're using your school's Wifi, I imagine you have enough control to use and install Hotspot Shield by AnchorFree on your own machine. It's a free VPN service, but if you're savvy enough you can always setup up your own to home and connect to your Home via VPN and have access to everything there.

interesting, will look into this, as i have full access to the computer(laptop).

Cubical 10-11-2010 09:28 PM

You could also forward x11 to windows if you have a spare pc to run linux or if you are running linux. you only need to download putty xming and the fonts for xming.

benpoke103 10-11-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1605625)
You could also forward x11 to windows if you have a spare pc to run linux or if you are running linux. you only need to download putty xming and the fonts for xming.

This or a Shunnel / SSH Tunnel works great too, or any other remote access. Although for security reasons I wouldn't do remote access.

Cubical 10-11-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1605559)

I didn't see this post before but yes, vnc is the easiest way to do it but it's nowhere near as fast as you would want it unless you have an awesome internet connection. Also RDP would work fine if you're running windows but if you're using a different version of windows than what you use at home it wont be an option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benpoke103 (Post 1605629)
This or a Shunnel / SSH Tunnel works great too, or any other remote access. Although for security reasons I wouldn't do remote access.

It uses ssh, here's a link if you want to check it out. http://solaris.reys.net/how-to-x11-f...tty-and-xming/

Deas_Voice 10-12-2010 10:24 AM

yes i have an linux computer at home, however, the network seems to been ****ked up after i tried to install openvpn with it, but i'd rather have an native way of doing this, as i think that it gets too slow to use remove access of any kind, but i guess there's no other way to do it.

edit: un****ed the network stuffs on the linux computer, anyone have a valid tutorial that is explaining how you brige and setup openvpn? xD!

cyan3 10-12-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1605697)
yes i have an linux computer at home, however, the network seems to been fked up after i tried to install openvpn with it, but i'd rather have an native way of doing this, as i think that it gets too slow to use remove access of any kind, but i guess there's no other way to do it.

I'd hate it if my College was this strict with wireless access. They only block access on the normal networked computer sysetms but we have almost no restrictions with the wireless network.

Deas_Voice 10-12-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1605719)
I'd hate it if my College was this strict with wireless access. They only block access on the normal networked computer sysetms but we have almost no restrictions with the wireless network.

i hate 'em, but at the same time, i understand why they do it.

Deas_Voice 10-13-2010 08:50 AM

awesome, hotspot worked! thanks alot :)