Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   What makes a newb? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48245)

Evil_Lord_Sparda 09-26-2003 12:07 AM

What makes a newb?

I was called a newb recently on Kingdoms to my disgust, and so i wondered; nowadays, what makes a newb?
Most of the high levelled Kingdoms players seem to think its level, but what do you think?

DustyPorViva 09-26-2003 12:13 AM

Technically a newbie is a person who is new to something.
On Graal on the otherhands, it is just an insult.

graaliholic 09-26-2003 12:49 AM

I'm going to guess it's an insult for someone who does something stupid or doesnt know something that should have otherwise been known by them. IF they don't know, then they are a "newb". Or some people probably also use it as a level thing, since new players usually have a lower level. Another could be (as I've seen) if they are a spellcaster, especially a good one that can cause a fair amount of damage with their spells. :o

Satrek2000 09-26-2003 12:49 AM

Here's my definition:
newbie: someone who's new at something -> general description of someone's experience and a state which is bound to change in time.
n double-o b: (1) someone who's behaving childish or painly stupid; (2) insult, mainly used by (1)

--Chris-- 09-26-2003 02:37 AM

My definition of a newbie: Someone with no or little experiance, skill, knowledge. You're an even bigger newbie if you've been around long and still suck - you're an insult to the word "newbie" and its relative terms if you have the nerve to call someone one still.

Haha...speaking of this, some idiot cussed me out today and included the word "newbie" in it because I say Forest's original name is not "Astri." The sad thing is I'm right X_x Zurkiba only changed the name afterwards then when leadership changed it was re-named Forest and still is up to this day.

Zethar 09-26-2003 02:59 AM

agree witht he insult guy and chris at the same time ;) People seem to think newb is an insult when at te same time t means HAHA YOU ARE NEW TO SOMETHING SO IM GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU.
XD

skyler87 09-26-2003 04:30 AM

My definition of "newb":
darkreign

poop3131 09-26-2003 04:36 AM

lel darkreign i fell bad for em now i thought he was pretty good till i got better

konidias 09-28-2003 09:02 AM

Newbie on Graal has no definition, other than to be insulting towards someone. Everyone has their own definition for it.

Lyndzey 09-28-2003 03:31 PM

I was called a newbie because I was at level 10 when everyone else was at like level 20+.

So I guess a lot of people think that level determines whether or not you are a newbie.

I don't consider the word newbie an insult (though it was used as an insult on me), but more a word describing someone that is new to the game/server.

Ziro_Vitrudestec 09-28-2003 08:55 PM

It's not very right to agree that everyone can have their own definition for one word. In that case, I'll make up my own language by using English words as it seems is being allowed. I'll start by translating this post into my language:

What green through running butterfly newbie newbie newbie newbie newbie hello kitty frog of the spellcaster's FHoV. When fried pancakes ate my face sweating really great in the night sun. Newbies greeting groundhogs of uber-eliteness:

See the problem?
edit: If anyone has played MGS 2, you'll be reminded of the Colonel's behavior toward the end of the game.

deman1171 10-14-2003 03:33 AM

Haha, people call people ****s because they don't spend there life hitting buttons to make a number in there profile raise up.

GoldSri 10-14-2003 02:45 PM

i think you can be a newbie if:

1)your not a high levler
2) you have low hours
3) you dont know alot of people on kingdoms
4) you dont have the best weaps or armour
5) you dont talk in "leet"
6) you don't RP
7) you have low kingdom ranking
8) people generally dont like you
9) you got on someones nerves

one or more of the above can make you a newbie :rolleyes: