Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Graal v6 is now officially released! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134267340)

Admins 11-05-2012 02:12 AM

Graal v6 is now officially released!

2 Attachment(s)
GraalOnline version 6 is now officially released! To celebrate the release of v6 we also give free Gold for two weeks, which means no observer mode for two weeks!

After 5 years of hard work the new version is finally up. It brings a lot of new functionality and possibilities, and of a lot of optimizations:
- External windows such as scripted playerlist, options, profile, remotecontrol
- Faster game startup
- Support for DirectX9 and OpenGL
- Better support of GUI styles (you can use several at once)
- Tons of new scripting functions
- Extended body colors

Important notes:
- Graal v5 will still be allowed for some weeks, but will be disable at some point so that scripters can use the new functionality
- An updated Linux version will follow soon
- We will continue to fix bugs and add new functionality to v6 now that we have the same version on all platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Facebook, soon Android and more)

A small text file with some improvements made to v6 is attached (version.txt). Keep in mind that this list is two years old, we will try to post an updated list soon on wiki.graal.net

MattKan 11-05-2012 02:27 AM

This is great news! :)

Tim_Rocks 11-05-2012 02:33 AM

Good thing I didn't hold my breath. Jokes aside, good job, I've been waiting for this day ever since I first got access to the beta.

aladiia 11-05-2012 02:54 AM

Im having this problem with graal.
Every time i disconnect and try to log back on what ever i disconnected from it will not let me connect back to it for about 30m-1h.
Example: Playing era get disconnected cant log back onto era but am able to log back onto any other server.
Example2: Logging into graal main screen then disconnects cant even log onto main screen.

Please fix this problem.

Tim_Rocks 11-05-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aladiia (Post 1706991)
Im having this problem with graal.
Every time i disconnect and try to log back on what ever i disconnected from it will not let me connect back to it for about 30m-1h.
Example: Playing era get disconnected cant log back onto era but am able to log back onto any other server.
Example2: Logging into graal main screen then disconnects cant even log onto main screen.

Please fix this problem.

That's actually very true, yesterday I was trying to reset my weapons on Era, so I said "/reconnect" about ten times and it wouldn't actually let me connect to Era until I had Zach disconnect my account (took 6 disconnects) for it to actually allow me back on. Weird.

cbk1994 11-05-2012 03:12 AM

I'll be waiting for that Linux release...thanks Stefan :).

ffcmike 11-05-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1706988)
To celebrate the release of v6 we also give free Gold for two weeks, which means no observer mode for two weeks!

It's tradition for new Graal Client Versions to be thrust upon staff by surprise in such a way they're not prepared for.
At least it's a good thing this time ;).

scriptless 11-05-2012 04:02 AM

Darn, this forum doesn't have a like button :(... Great job!!

fowlplay4 11-05-2012 04:17 AM

I wish the v was uppercase.

skillmaster19 11-05-2012 04:26 AM

Now that v6 is released, will the game go free to play soon?

VeryVeryScaryBerry1 11-05-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1637699)

1) We are releasing the new V6 client for Windows, Mac and Linux
We will release in the forthcoming weeks (First weeks of April) the new native V6 client to everyone.

2) We are releasing an Android version
The Android release will come either in April

3) New developer tools
New Developer Tools including level editor will be released in Mai and June

4)We are planning to give the opportunity to PlayerWorld owners to move to Free To Play either.
We will soon give a list of requirements to move a server Free To Play.

One down, Better late than never. :p

Tim_Rocks 11-05-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillmaster19 (Post 1707002)
Now that v6 is released, will the game go free to play soon?

Not likely.

BlueMelon 11-05-2012 04:54 AM

2 weeks of gold!? I can now have all the advantages iv'e always wanted on Zone and the UC servers! Hazaah!

shrimps 11-05-2012 02:37 PM

I could have sword we already had external windows, then they disappeared with v4.

JesusFreak250 11-05-2012 04:40 PM

Hurray, Oh wait it doesn't work for me... Also why would you bring it out now? I have seen numerous people on europa who also tell me they have problems using V6... Shouldn't you fix those before making it compulsorily?