Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Classic Servers (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80935)

cbk1994 07-29-2008 09:58 PM

Classic Servers

Looking at the serverlist, I have to wonder why some servers are allowed to stay classic, or even hosted.

Namely, Delteria and Atlantis. From what I've heard, these servers are under heavy development. What I want to know is, why are these servers allowed to stay on the classic list while under development? Isn't this what UC servers are for? This servers should be removed from the list, and once development finishes, added back on (assuming they haven't completely changed the theme of the server).

N-Pulse is currently working on a "Rebirth" project, which will change the server from a classic-themed server to an RPG server. Why will the RPG "N-Pulse" be allowed to use the name "N-Pulse" as a ticket for going Classic for a server that normally might not even make it hosted? N-Pulse is going from a classic-themed server, to a server much like Zodiac. I wonder if the PWAs were even aware of this project.

And, finally, there are some Hosted servers that usually have 0 players on, and are undergoing no development. This obviously means that players don't want to play the server, and the staff are not interested in fixing the server. I'm not talking about servers like Ol' West and AEON which are actually being developed (I'm not sure about Zenkou). Mainly I'm talking about Graal Legacy which has consistently had zero players since going hosted.

Sinkler 08-15-2008 05:35 AM

What does it matter?

DustyPorViva 08-15-2008 05:37 AM

The problem is, you remove the servers and then what? You have like four or five servers on the list... That's not a very appealing number. Then, the sad thing is, there will probably never be any servers to add to that number, save possibly one or two, and the number will just keep shrinking.

I don't agree with what N-pulse is doing, for example, but I think it's better just to let them sit there.

Crono 08-15-2008 05:48 AM

im in ur thred

throwin googis archivist lance

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=66899

edit- lollin @ 1 point neg rep for this post LOL

excaliber7388 08-15-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1414537)
The problem is, you remove the servers and then what? You have like four or five servers on the list... That's not a very appealing number. Then, the sad thing is, there will probably never be any servers to add to that number, save possibly one or two, and the number will just keep shrinking.

I don't agree with what N-pulse is doing, for example, but I think it's better just to let them sit there.

Maybe more deserving servers would fill the spot then

DustyPorViva 08-15-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1414566)
Maybe more deserving servers would fill the spot then

Which would be?

Elk 08-15-2008 09:28 PM

Graal Ghetto!

excaliber7388 08-15-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1414611)
Which would be?

Dark Rival: Rebirth

DarkReaper0 08-16-2008 09:56 PM

But will the new servers actually be good or just temporary hype from:
"omfg what is that thing on my server list?"

cbk1994 08-16-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReaper0 (Post 1414978)
But will the new servers actually be good or just temporary hype from:
"omfg what is that thing on my server list?"

If there are quality servers, they will keep players. Vesporia has been staying steady with players all day today (just closed it again), and we haven't even added the other things we plan to. The problem with classic-themed servers is that people aren't amused any more by blowing up bushes for gralats.

Crono 08-16-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1414992)
If there are quality servers, they will keep players.

Era, Zodiac, and Unholy Nation are not quality servers and they still keep players. :confused:

cbk1994 08-16-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1414993)
Era, Zodiac, and Unholy Nation are not quality servers and they still keep players. :confused:

Which would make you think that any quality server that is fun to play, and has a reason for players to keep playing, would do even better.

The problem is, these servers cover the three main server types (classic, RPG, modern), so instead of creating an Era-like server (with the same game play, but better tiles, graphics, scripts, etc), you have to make a completely different modern-style server (as in, different game play). This is why the PWA should be forcing Era (and all other classic servers) to improve the quality of their tileset, weapons, scripts, etc.

DarkCloud_PK 08-16-2008 11:41 PM

Servers that have players keep players easier because there are more players to play with.

What a concept.

Crono 08-16-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK (Post 1414997)
Servers that have players keep players easier because there are more players to play with.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

You need a really good server if you want to break people away from UN and such, which is why it's important to cater to different groups of populations.

Vima 08-17-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1414992)
If there are quality servers, they will keep players. Vesporia has been staying steady with players all day today (just closed it again), and we haven't even added the other things we plan to. The problem with classic-themed servers is that people aren't amused any more by blowing up bushes for gralats.

Vesporia have a good playercount? That doesn't tell us anything.
Graal Gheto also have a steady playercount.
Vesporia, isn't it a Modern/Gun Server? But don't we allready have Era?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1414994)
Which would make you think that any quality server that is fun to play, and has a reason for players to keep playing, would do even better.

The problem is, these servers cover the three main server types (classic, RPG, modern), so instead of creating an Era-like server (with the same game play, but better tiles, graphics, scripts, etc), you have to make a completely different modern-style server (as in, different game play). This is why the PWA should be forcing Era (and all other classic servers) to improve the quality of their tileset, weapons, scripts, etc.

I don't think that they should be forcing playerworlds to improve, they should let more servers go to the Classic tab.
That way, there would be more competition between the servers only for the benefit of the players.