Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Starter Island (Tutorial) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268450)

NicoX 07-09-2013 05:03 AM

Starter Island (Tutorial)

Hello,

the starter island got fixed. All tasks are now available.

The tasks contain:
  • "Feeding pet"
  • "Visit Wizard"
  • "Buy healing potion"
  • "Move furniture"
  • "Using the mines"
  • "Crafting"
  • "Plant corns"
  • "Build a ship"
  • "Build a house"
  • "Come back"

See you on Graal Kingdoms!

Dragon551 07-09-2013 05:25 AM

So is there some way to skip the tutorial island or is it a forced thing?

NicoX 07-09-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon551 (Post 1720420)
So is there some way to skip the tutorial island or is it a forced thing?

We could add a function to skip it, but every new player should do it to understand the game. Without the tutorial they will just end up like before asking others and log off again when nobody is helping. The tasks doesnt even take long, you can click them to get warped, no need to travel long for them either. Pretty simple and easy.

papajchris 07-09-2013 06:40 AM

I think you need to find a way to balance this. On one hand, I personally can't stand tutorials. Whenever I try a game and am stuck in a tutorial, I usually just quit. However, there have also been games where I can figure out what the hell I am doing, and give up. Maybe you should make the tutorial skippable, but if you complete the tutorial you get some start money/items. That would motivate the new players to stick with it, but not force us who have multiple accounts to do it over and over again.

shrimps 07-09-2013 07:32 AM

Skip able tutorials is always a good thing.

Fulg0reSama 07-09-2013 10:02 AM

As long as the tutorial is well understood, this is a pretty good thing :D

I personally don't really have a problem with tutorials, for when you play a new game, generally you wanna make sure the nuances of the game aren't changed from the typical norm before diving right in. But I also agree that giving players the choice to skip steps of the tutorial when they have the general gist to be a good idea :D

BlueMelon 07-09-2013 11:45 AM

On Era Tim set it up so you need to do 'x' number of tasks before being able to leave. You also have the option to continue.

NicoX 07-09-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papajchris (Post 1720422)
I think you need to find a way to balance this. On one hand, I personally can't stand tutorials. Whenever I try a game and am stuck in a tutorial, I usually just quit. However, there have also been games where I can figure out what the hell I am doing, and give up. Maybe you should make the tutorial skippable, but if you complete the tutorial you get some start money/items. That would motivate the new players to stick with it, but not force us who have multiple accounts to do it over and over again.

Well, we can make it skippable of course, but then players might quit aswell because they dont understand the game. So its not really a great solution. The tutorial is very simple and extremely easy to understand.

About some rewards for finishing the tutorial is a good idea, might do that.

Cubical 07-09-2013 03:15 PM

Should just make a quick introduction showing where bomboria trade, a map to get there and a slap on the butt and tell them good luck.

NicoX 07-09-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1720427)
Should just make a quick introduction showing where bomboria trade, a map to get there and a slap on the butt and tell them good luck.

Of course, why not banning them instead ? Would be even easier lol :P

Ok well, for finishing the tasks you gain a Graal of the Starter Quest (which you can sell to a shop for some extra cash) and 2000 Platinum Coins for your journey!

Felix_Xenophobe 07-09-2013 04:00 PM

Just tried running the tutorial on a guest account... Why would you make wolves and grim reapers spawn on the tutorial island? That's ridiculous. Couldn't even finish the 2nd task because they spawn just around the quest npc. Fix....

NicoX 07-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe (Post 1720430)
Just tried running the tutorial on a guest account... Why would you make wolves and grim reapers spawn on the tutorial island? That's ridiculous. Couldn't even finish the 2nd task because they spawn just around the quest npc. Fix....

Yeah we will remove them today. They got overwritten when we edited all the monsters on the main gmap. Will be fixed asap

Felix_Xenophobe 07-09-2013 04:38 PM

Nice

NicoX 07-09-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe (Post 1720433)
Nice

I removed most of the night monsters from the starter island. If you see more of them just let me know so I can remove them aswell

Conqueror 07-09-2013 05:39 PM

"I survived starter island back when it was swarming with wolves, reapers, and zombies.."

Sounds like a bragging right to me! :D

Good fix though Nico!