Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Cheat program detection (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77216)

Twinny 10-18-2007 06:30 AM

Cheat program detection

Instead of showing the RC alert every single time (and most of the times, multiple RC entries for the one detection :oo:) a 'cheat program' is detected, could it be changed to warn RC on the second attempt within a short period of time (say a day or two)?

I've not realized I've had graal opened several times while trying to use these tools and as such have a few 'alerts' against me. Most staff understand this but you get a few trigger happy fools who are more than ready to ban you.

Crow 10-18-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1353380)
Most staff understand this but you get a few trigger happy fools who are more than ready to ban you.

Exactly. You wont get this feature changed, I already tried.

Admins 10-18-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1353380)
who are more than ready to ban you.

I think they should?

Twinny 10-18-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1353394)
I think they should?

I agree completely if a person tries multiple times to use a program against the graal client in one setting. But in accidental cases, it kinda sucks. I play graal in the wee hours alot so not much activity. I often leave graal idling whilst playing another game. As such, I sometimes forget about the whole detection when attempting to manipulate other games. I recently got banned since I've been detected 3 times over a spaced out period of two years.

TSAdmin 10-19-2007 01:53 PM

But the thing is, Twinny, that it only takes one attempt for players who know what they're doing. And if they do fail once, go do it again on another account/IP/CompID or all of the above.

Crow 10-19-2007 02:01 PM

But it also takes only one harmless action by someone who didnt even know about the detection to get banned. The RC will be alerted when you switch into an empty folder called "Cheat Engine" for example.

Sam 10-19-2007 02:04 PM

There is still the option to contact a staff member to clarify the "mistake".

Crow 10-19-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 1353498)

Sure, do that and try to prove you didnt do anything -_- Good luck.

Twinny 10-19-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 1353498)

Certain members of staff are fairly...thick-headed... plus arrogant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1353496)
But the thing is, Twinny, that it only takes one attempt for players who know what they're doing. And if they do fail once, go do it again on another account/IP/CompID or all of the above.

If the computer ID method was improved, it would be a ****load harder to forge. As for IP, I know several IRC servers have an open proxy scanner...would be cool if Graal did the same to try and prevent proxy-based hackers.

Sam 10-19-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1353499)
Sure, do that and try to prove you didnt do anything -_- Good luck.

I have given amnesty to players several times.

Crow 10-19-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 1353501)
I have given amnesty to players several times.

You are a pretty nice person Sam, but there are alot of staff members who just dont understand what exactly is going on. I see that as a problem :/

Bell 10-19-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1353514)
You are a pretty nice person Sam, but there are alot of staff members who just dont understand what exactly is going on. I see that as a problem :/

The bigger problem is, almost every last one of them uses the excuse its a false detection or I was using the cheat tools on another game. Who do you believe and who do you not? Then after they've been given chances and staff get fed up and ban them permanently they come back, admit they had cheated in the past but swear on their mothers lives they will never do it again.

I don't see it as thickheaded staff, I see it as staff getting tired of listening to people cry about getting caught. First time grouping or use is supposed to be a 30 day cheating ban as a warning its been detected anyway. If you have an empty cheat tools folder that it catches then maybe changing the folder name might be in order.

As far as forgetting you left graal open all I have to say is this. Don't idle for hours Twinny and it won't happen :D

Twinny 10-19-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1353529)
The bigger problem is, almost every last one of them uses the excuse its a false detection or I was using the cheat tools on another game. Who do you believe and who do you not? Then after they've been given chances and staff get fed up and ban them permanently they come back, admit they had cheated in the past but swear on their mothers lives they will never do it again.

If it only alerts staff on the second+ try, the people who are actually trying to cheat will be caught out. Most non-malicious players won't get past the first client warning.

xAndrewx 10-19-2007 07:09 PM

You're only saying this because you got caught, rofl

Twinny 10-19-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAndrewx (Post 1353535)
You're only saying this because you got caught, rofl

I've defended quite a few people regarding this and for some time.