Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Maloria goes Hosted! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134259849)

Bell 07-15-2010 10:29 PM

Maloria goes Hosted!

Maloria is a Class based server which brings with it the feel of old Maloria with its looks and attracts the newer player with its updated playing style. Although the general idea behind it will remain the same as will most the images. It will eventually include both single player and party based activities but only single player is available now.

It has attractive yet non invasive GUI's that replace the old Q menus that can be so cluttered. The plan is to have all GUI's manueverable through your keyboard. No mouse controls will be used.

It has modernized by the use of Automated event bots and a nice weather system that is far superior to the old style of Graal. Minigames will be added shortly as well.

Go check it out, its still small and only a couple quests are available but I think you'll like the old skool feel of it.

Soala 07-15-2010 10:31 PM

I still support this. Congratulations :)!

fowlplay4 07-15-2010 11:05 PM

Being able to PK in the starting level should probably be fixed, it's very easy to spawn lame.

The map isn't explained very well at all, unless it was in a quest description but seriously who's going wanna take the time to actually read it.

Overall it was alright.

xXziroXx 07-15-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1587826)
Being able to PK in the starting level should probably be fixed, it's very easy to spawn lame.

Yeah, I realized as much - disabled it a couple of minutes ago, as well as in the blob area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1587826)
The map isn't explained very well at all, unless it was in a quest description but seriously who's going wanna take the time to actually read it.

I definitely agree. There used to be some temporary text saying how to use it, but since I removed that level and made it a little more newbie friendly, that got deleted. Going to add some better explanation regarding the map as soon as I can.

Cheers for some constructive criticism :)

cyan3 07-15-2010 11:25 PM

Overall I think It's pretty nice. It took me a few minutes to find how where to go and what to do because I didn't read the quest log but after that it was fine and I love the quest system enough to finish the first 4 - 5 quests but I might go back on later when I have more time.

fowlplay4 07-15-2010 11:27 PM

There were also some moments where you'd finish a quest or get one, and it wouldn't return focus back to GraalControl. I imagine you'll get that all sorted out with your keyboard driven GUI plan.

xXziroXx 07-15-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1587831)
There were also some moments where you'd finish a quest or get one, and it wouldn't return focus back to GraalControl. I imagine you'll get that all sorted out with your keyboard driven GUI plan.

Definitely.

WhiteDragon 07-15-2010 11:29 PM

Focus is the most annoying thing to deal with, random stuff constantly steals it.

I couldn't really play past the first quest due to v6 but good luck.

Cubical 07-16-2010 06:22 PM

Ill have to hop on a friends computer and check it out.

DustyPorViva 07-16-2010 06:27 PM

Can't get past the class selection screen, and even that took a long time to actually get to come up.

Cloven 07-16-2010 06:34 PM

Looks pretty good so far. My constructive criticism would be that you could tweak the hit detection on the sword a bit and try to reduce some of the cpu usage in a few of your scripts.

MysticalDragon 07-16-2010 06:45 PM

Hmm, I managed to get by the Class Selection and now I'm stuck in the beginning.
Looks like a all green level with a few doors, presumably missing the tileset?
Here is a Snapshot
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...go/maloria.png

Besides that the server is looking awesome..

xXziroXx 07-16-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1587916)
Can't get past the class selection screen, and even that took a long time to actually get to come up.

We were having some huge lag spikes yesterday that Stefan helped fixing. Was something with disabling PRAGMA in SQLite queries that he said should be off by default but wasn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloven (Post 1587917)
Looks pretty good so far. My constructive criticism would be that you could tweak the hit detection on the sword a bit and try to reduce some of the cpu usage in a few of your scripts.

Scripts such as?

xAndrewx 07-16-2010 06:59 PM

hmm i couldn't get past the first level lol

DarkReaper0 07-16-2010 07:23 PM

I like it, the levels are cool monsters are fine.
Being able to tell which town is which on the map is difficult, maybe when you mouse over the icon will "magnify" and the text could be larger?

My only problem is the CPU usage in there, what kind of CPU do I need to get a solid frame rate in there? Granted 2.8 GHz single core isn't that great, but still I don't think I got solid framerate anywhere except in a race event.