Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal iPhone/iPod: Will be released on Apple AppStore! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80418)

Shadow5596321 07-31-2008 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zwr (Post 1410323)
I want to try too =(
the store only shows zone+ for me and won't even let me buy it :(

Rofl! iTunes removed both of them from the store but you can still access the plus version xD

xAzerothx 07-31-2008 10:54 PM

Lol, they did remove it!

wild8900 08-01-2008 06:53 PM

>:( I WANT MY GRAAL IPHONE SOMETIME SOON. Been waiting a while ._.
Actually forget Zone, I wanna play UN on my iPhone. Who cares about movement, just let me idle, chat, and pm.

excaliber7388 08-01-2008 07:10 PM

Did Apple remove it, or did Stefan take it down?

Spark910 08-02-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1410535)
Did Apple remove it, or did Stefan take it down?

I imagine Apple removed it, probably because of their "apple added this online before we were ready, real launch on aug 10th" message - they dont want customers using incomplete apps, or developers demanding they get the same treatment (which esentially could be seen as a public beta).

Admins 08-05-2008 06:08 PM

We have requested the temporary removal because we were not prepared since they wrote two times that it will not be approved, and I was even on vacation.

excaliber7388 08-05-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark910 (Post 1410646)
I imagine Apple removed it, probably because of their "apple added this online before we were ready, real launch on aug 10th" message - they dont want customers using incomplete apps, or developers demanding they get the same treatment (which esentially could be seen as a public beta).

Something tells me that's a blatant lie.
I realy don't think Apple would have just randomly taken their app, which was still in development, and hosted it. :\
Sounds like CJ is tossing the blame around, again.

Spark910 08-05-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1411576)
Something tells me that's a blatant lie.
I realy don't think Apple would have just randomly taken their app, which was still in development, and hosted it. :\
Sounds like CJ is tossing the blame around, again.

What, why are you so pessimistic? The only reason, I believe, it wasn't put up originally was that it didn't meet certain quality standards? Perhaps they changed their mind about that, or a staff made an error?

How else do you propose the app got online, without Apple willingly putting it online, mistaken or otherwise? CJ clearly don't have the powers to just put it online, otherwise it'd have been online when it was supposed to be. Apple said it wouldn't be online in its current state, so CJ started developing it more, apple put it online (mistaken or otherwise) and CJ put a note up saying they are fixing certain elements so that players don't judge it as it is, then apple remove it (apparently after request from CJ, while they make the changes). I don't see an issue with those facts.

excaliber7388 08-05-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark910 (Post 1411578)
What, why are you so pessimistic? The only reason, I believe, it wasn't put up originally was that it didn't meet certain quality standards? Perhaps they changed their mind about that, or a staff made an error?

How else do you propose the app got online, without Apple willingly putting it online, mistaken or otherwise? CJ clearly don't have the powers to just put it online, otherwise it'd have been online when it was supposed to be. Apple said it wouldn't be online in its current state, so CJ started developing it more, apple put it online (mistaken or otherwise) and CJ put a note up saying they are fixing certain elements so that players don't judge it as it is, then apple remove it (apparently after request from CJ, while they make the changes). I don't see an issue with those facts.

Apple will put an app online after:
1) It's been made
2) It's been sent to them
3) It's been reviewed
4) Finally, it's released on the date the developer has requested.

They're just saying this because no one was happy with how it was, and they're taking it back.
It's just like every other software release they've done.

Spark910 08-05-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1411579)
Apple will put an app online after:
1) It's been made
2) It's been sent to them
3) It's been reviewed
4) Finally, it's released on the date the developer has requested.

They're just saying this because no one was happy with how it was, and they're taking it back.
It's just like every other software release they've done.

The reviews on the store seem to give positive comments? Other than the one clearly from a Graal player that is either you or someone with a similar outlook on Graal as yourself!

I'm just thinking it'd surely be online when they said it would have been if it passed the review on day 1? Or even if it didn't, I'd assume that it would have been online quicker than it was - which suggests some control by Apple over its delay.

excaliber7388 08-05-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark910 (Post 1411580)
The reviews on the store seem to give positive comments? Other than the one clearly from a Graal player that is either you or someone with a similar outlook on Graal as yourself!

I'm just thinking it'd surely be online when they said it would have been if it passed the review on day 1? Or even if it didn't, I'd assume that it would have been online quicker than it was - which suggests some control by Apple over its delay.

Actually, the app had less than 3 stars on average. There was one or two good reviews. :rolleyes:

Admins 08-05-2008 09:59 PM

We have said before that we submitted before the dead line but it wasn't approved, and we got a message a few days later where apple staff requested some improvements. In the mean time they approved Poker and Belote, so we focussed on fixing problems with those applications and adding missing features and planned to work on Zone later and re-submit it. Then suddenly last week they approved Graal Zone and Graal Zone+. The guys at Apple are probably not making those things because they have fun annoying companies, but they have a lot of reviews to do and apparently don't even have time to communicate why they do stuff. It seems the App Store is more made for offline applications.

Graal Zone had more than 60 reviews and more than 3 stars, even games like Monkey Ball have problems to get higher ratings. Sorry for those launch problems, but both App Store and Graal on mobile platforms are new so some problems were to expect I guess.

cbk1994 08-05-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1411641)
even games like Monkey Ball have problems to get higher ratings

Yes, but Super Monkey Ball for iPhone is much better :)

Read my PM please :cry:

excaliber7388 08-05-2008 11:16 PM

Why did you send them a beta version in the first place?

Spark910 08-05-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1411659)
Why did you send them a beta version in the first place?

They sent what they felt was an adequate version, however Apple requested more improvements (according to Stefan's post).