Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   New News Admins (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84794)

Donark 03-23-2009 01:26 PM

Good job Nat!! Hopefully you will stick around to Era news aswell :D

kia345 03-23-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1476909)
not to be a jerk cough cough but i'd assume stefan was looking to fill a position with someone who know what they were doing, not just to provide the opportunity to anyone who wanted in

You're implying Nataxo knows what she's doing?

Elizabeth 03-23-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1476909)
oh thank god

not to be a jerk cough cough but i'd assume stefan was looking to fill a position with someone who know what they were doing, not just to provide the opportunity to anyone who wanted in

the majority of them didn't have news experience, though. is he going to take the one with news experience over all of the others without experience? that's completely unfair. jerk cough cough

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnervNATx (Post 1476921)
ur kinda right. how is someone going to learn if they cannot try. but stilll gratz cyan

exactly. :)

Crono 03-23-2009 02:01 PM

Well atleast Stefan got it 1/2 right.

Rufus 03-23-2009 04:08 PM

Nataxo, does this mean you're not going to be on Classic much anymore? :(

Ravenblade1979 03-23-2009 04:39 PM

Gratz Felix and special gratz to Nataxo (to think you started out as a mere ET after i vouched for ya)

xnervNATx 03-23-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1476982)
Well atleast Stefan got it 1/2 right.

ur 1/1 right!

sango_ku 03-23-2009 06:18 PM

Congrats dear Felix :D

<3

fragman85 03-23-2009 06:28 PM

I heard Stefan didn't want Trials to lead even Gangs on Era :f

Now a Trial is a Global.

Let's all stop paying, maybe we'll get Globals :o?

Elizabeth 03-23-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fragman85 (Post 1477042)
Let's all stop paying

done

Unpredlctable 03-23-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1476975)
You're implying Nataxo knows what she's doing?

i'm not going to judge one way or another on whether she's qualified for the position, because i know very little about her. i just know that stefan mentioned she had prior experience with news production.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1476980)
the majority of them didn't have news experience, though. is he going to take the one with news experience over all of the others without experience? that's completely unfair. jerk cough cough

wow no it's not
do you not think that a real-life employer would rather hire someone with prior experience in a certain field of business, or someone who had no idea what they were doing?

Elizabeth 03-23-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1477058)
wow no it's not
do you not think that a real-life employer would rather hire someone with prior experience in a certain field of business, or someone who had no idea what they were doing?

this isn't real life, is it?
if it was an important job, which required past experience, then sure i could see an employer doing that. but for a job like mcdonald's, they're not going to take someone with previous experience over the beginners. i'm sure that a news admin doesn't need previous experience.

Rufus 03-23-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1477059)

:noob:

Unpredlctable 03-23-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

if it was an important job, which required past experience, then sure i could see an employer doing that. but for a job like mcdonald's, they're not going to take someone with previous experience over the beginners. i'm sure that a news admin doesn't need previous experience.

i never said it was real life. but are you denying the obvious reality that, whether it is for real-life occupation or a staff position on Graal, someone would RATHER HIRE someone with experience rather than someone with no experience? seriously now

maximus_asinus 03-23-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

... everything in that post is wrong.

You always hire the person with the most experience, unless there is some sort of stipulation that says otherwise. It would make sense to hire a person who has worked in the particular field before (especially with some customer relations experience).

"Previous working experience isn't required, but it is always an asset". I see that on every application I fill out.

And yes, this is real life, Stefan might be hiring for a position in a game but the game is his income.