Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Suggestion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262578)

NewYorkerNick 03-27-2011 06:10 PM

Suggestion

Could we make this the Classic iPhone section since Classic isn't really active anymore? Just would make sense considering Classic is always under construction or on hold and Classic iPhone is a bit more relevant these days as it is. Just a suggestion.

Cubical 03-27-2011 06:11 PM

flame inc, run for the hills

MattKan 03-27-2011 06:11 PM

I bet you and Thor get along...

JesusFreak250 03-27-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkerNick (Post 1639397)
Could we make this the Classic iPhone section since Classic isn't really active anymore? Just would make sense considering Classic is always under construction or on hold and Classic iPhone is a bit more relevant these days as it is. Just a suggestion.

I think id get annoyed with the spam all about hats... "Hurray"

ffcmike 03-27-2011 06:17 PM

It's been suggested that there be an iPhone section of the forums already and I personally think this would be a better idea than including threads within the sections of the respective servers or within PlayerWorlds section, but I shall move it to PlayerWorlds for now seeing as that is a more appropriate section than Classic.

Also Classic may be Under Construction, but atleast there is actual content being constructed, I'd much rather be developing content in the hope of moving forward in future than taking everything for granted and assuming we couldn't possibly lose relevance, a mistake that has been made by several people on Classic in the past, including myself.

Fulg0reSama 03-27-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1639398)
flame inc, run for the hills

Im not inc :(

Soala 03-27-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusFreak250 (Post 1639400)
I think id get annoyed with the spam all about hats... "Hurray"

That's the kind of spam the Era subforums get, along with player weddings.

MattKan 03-27-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soala (Post 1639403)
That's the kind of spam the Era subforums get, along with player weddings.

They didn't say anything when Ashley got married on UN.....:confused:

kia345 03-27-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1639404)
They didn't say anything when Ashley got married on UN.....:confused:

Because it's not a new thread every day over something insignificant.

NewYorkerNick 03-27-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1639399)
I bet you and Thor get along...

Don't know him well enough.

I just thought it would be nice to have a little section for us. I don't see why there is one considering the playercount. We could be getting some good feedback and suggestions. Also maybe people would stop arguing about iPhone topics in "wrong" sections (GRAAL era iPhone updates in era forums for example).

ffcmike 03-27-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkerNick (Post 1639414)
Don't know him well enough.

I just thought it would be nice to have a little section for us. I don't see why there is one considering the playercount. We could be getting some good feedback and suggestions. Also maybe people would stop arguing about iPhone topics in "wrong" sections (GRAAL era iPhone updates in era forums for example).

And I agree with you that there should be an iPhone section, but that doesn't justify it being at actual Classic's expense, hell even if that logic was justifiable I don't think Bomy Island is being developed, Npulse don't seem to have released their plans (if there are any) on these forums etc, I also happen to be pushing to release a pretty big update to Classic at this very moment.

kia345 03-27-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkerNick (Post 1639414)
Also maybe people would stop arguing about iPhone topics in "wrong" sections (GRAAL era iPhone updates in era forums for example).

It is wrong. The Era subforums that Era iPhone info is posted in is in the "playerworlds" section. The iPhone servers are not playerworlds.

Crono 03-27-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkerNick (Post 1639397)

nope

NewYorkerNick 03-27-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1639415)
And I agree with you that there should be an iPhone section, but that doesn't justify it being at actual Classic's expense, hell even if that logic was justifiable I don't think Boomy Island is being developed, Npulse don't seem to have released their plans (if there are any) on these forums etc, I also happen to be pushing to release a pretty big update to Classic at this very moment.

Well if Boomy Island moved to iPhone (meaning the playerbase and staff is there) then yeah should call it Boomy island iPhone. If both servers were able to survive then have two threads (pc and iPhone) like era then have 2 topics. I'm just going by where the activity is. To have a topic for a world that has very few players and not too much updates going on compared to a server with record numbers, it seems like a good idea. Even if it is just small updates. It's kind of annoying having two "classics" and people arguing over original vs hybrid all scattered throughout the forums because one of them used to be so much better and blah blah blah it will never be the same yada yada...

Good luck with the update. Hopefully we can live in peace instead of coming on everyday seeing people complain about hat updates vs no updates.

Fulg0reSama 03-27-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1639415)
Npulse don't seem to have released their plans (if there are any) on these forums etc

Chances are likely that the plans won't be released until they think they've made a step towards actually having a clue to what they're doing, which is still unlikely to be seen considering Matt is always inactive and taking one step and going two back.

N-Pulse usually releases any form of idea or plan on their forums whenever they come up with one, but with every plan they've created, the manager either decides to build upon it like it actually needs to be completed to the exact end before it's considered releasable or the manager quits and the next one trashes it, repeating the first option.