Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Bugs and improvements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Suggestions thread (Formerly: We're listening...) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134256528)

DarknessShadow 12-15-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieM (Post 1543626)
hotkeys plz

Does anyone remember demisis's(I think it was) idea for a hotkey system,It seemed like a great idea,freeze between switching guns.
Also pk really needs to be balanced,the slow down when hurt feature seems like a great idea to stop people running in raids.

Dnegel 12-15-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Days (Post 1544382)
I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.

That's right, why do you think I still like to play Zelda 1? ;)

cbk1994 12-15-2009 11:53 PM

Instead of hotkeys, what if we made some kind of quick select menu on "W" or so, and you can navigate it with the keyboard? Shows the last 3 weapons or so.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/262...lectmockup.png

Demisis_P2P 12-16-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1544600)
Instead of hotkeys, what if we made some kind of quick select menu on "W" or so, and you can navigate it with the keyboard? Shows the last 3 weapons or so.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/262...lectmockup.png

Just doing that won't really achieve anything. The idea isn't to make it easier to find weapons that you commonly use. The idea is to encourage the use of weapons that you don't commonly use and/or are a pain in the ass to try and use in the middle of a fight (namely grenades and explosives).

Pking has been the same for a long time.
1. Buy the most expensive gun you can.
2. Use that one gun 24/7 and hold D.
3. Try to buy a more expensive gun.

It'd be nice to shake it up a bit and try to make it more like other shooting games, where reloading takes more than just the time it takes you to tap the 'a' key. So that it's not possible to shoot an almost endless wall of bullets with almost any gun, and having more than 1 gun and switching mid-fight becomes viable, if not necessary to increasing your chance of surviving.
So that it'll be possible to rush somebody if you catch them reloading in the middle of a raid.
Or throwing a grenade around a table one way and then running around the other way to shoot your enemy, instead of just running around the table in circles forever and then giving up.

CharlieM 12-16-2009 02:39 PM

I want quick equip hotkeys

Geno 12-17-2009 07:38 AM

nuclear bombs

salesman 12-17-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 1544968)
nuclear bombs

we have those

salesman 12-17-2009 09:53 PM

As far as hot keys go, I don't think being able to switch between any item with the press of a button is such a good idea. I definitely don't want players to be able to bind every key on their keyboard to a different item.

I'd prefer a more purposeful approach, such as having primary and secondary weapons. Of course, with this system, there would have to be something to balance it (like longer reload times). Players would be able to designate a primary and secondary weapon in their inventory and then switch between them whenever they are running low on ammo or are in a situation where one gun would be more useful than the other.

You would also be able to set a grenade/explosive in your inventory which could be thrown by pressing the "G" key.

We wouldn't have a limitless hot key system, but instead you would be able to easily switch between grenades (G), two guns (D; + some other key to switch), and melee (S)...a bit more organized.

e: I know this idea has been floating around for quite a while, just stating that I believe it would be our best bet for a "hot key" system

Good_Ol_Daze 12-17-2009 10:43 PM

Fix the blackjack game. It doesn't recognize the Aces correctly.

Just won a hand with 25, and apparently Queen + King + 2 = 23?

Is this even blackjack?

Fulg0reSama 12-17-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good_Ol_Daze (Post 1545076)
Fix the blackjack game. It doesn't recognize the Aces correctly.

Just won a hand with 25, and apparently Queen + King + 2 = 23?

Is this even blackjack?

Reading that I wonder the same thing.

GarethOmni 12-18-2009 02:11 PM

Something I would love to see is an option to add all ammo, or at least an option to add a certain# of ammo.
Instead of hitting D, you would hit F and be prompted to add all of the ammo type. It sure would beat mashing D like crazy to add like 60 boxes and at the same time be able to add a certain amount if you didnt want to add all of it. It would be smart to include in the prompt that you might hit your ammo limit if you add a large amount of boxes. IE: 100 boxes = 10k ammo, ammo cap will eat you alive.

Another cool idea would be to add a gui that shows how many kinds of each flowers you have in your inventory when you have the boomerang or flower basket equipped.
Like this:
Red Asters: 3
Sunflowers: 4
Yellow Mums: 5

That would make flower picking a bit easier, but it's not as useful as the add all ammo idea.

cbk1994 12-19-2009 02:01 AM

We've managed to get Sage back on the team, so Luke and Sage are working together on the tileset, which is progressing very nicely. We might be able to post some screenshots soon, though I can't guarantee anything.

LoStSuRfEr1 12-19-2009 05:25 PM

I would really like to see a players weapons be disabled after certain lag like say 250-300....

Venom_Fish 12-19-2009 05:47 PM

To be honest, that idea isn't feasible nor worth it. Lag has been around, and will be around. I don't like it (when its forced-lag) but players who can't help it shouldn't be penalized. Era has a lower playercount already, that would just drop it further. In otherwords, that idea is silly.

Expecially to rely on ms count, its changes so quickly and sometimes becomes very inconsistant.

swift 12-20-2009 06:05 PM

Make P4s attachable to your body again.