Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   What Era should look like (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134259448)

Logababy 06-16-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXKettyLeleXxX (Post 1582055)
i like the new Inventory :o it looks sexy

agreed
more item slots :D

Frankie 06-16-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logababy (Post 1582210)
agreed
more item slots :D

the current inventory has an unlimited amount of item slots, you just can't see them until you use up all the space on the first "screen" of the inventory.

Logababy 06-16-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1582256)
the current inventory has an unlimited amount of item slots, you just can't see them until you use up all the space on the first "screen" of the inventory.

So theres uhm 2 screens of inventory :confused:

Frankie 06-16-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logababy (Post 1582257)
So theres uhm 2 screens of inventory :confused:

no. it goes on and on as you obtain more items. i was just trying to make a point that inventory slots really have nothing to do with how much you can carry. that's all with the weight system.

KrimsonSky 06-16-2010 04:36 PM

O.o hope there's an option to keep everything how it was. :X

swift 06-16-2010 10:08 PM

Cool idea i thought of awhile back:

New way to get guns. There are hidden shops through out the sewers or hidden where ever. Not like a place to buy a gun, but it's where you can make the gun. Kinda like a black smith or whatever. You just have to gather the parts. We have a parts shop in current era and it's pretty useless. This way you have to collect all the parts, and then go make the gun and you get it. Not like the Colt shop in the sewers where you have to make it, then buy it.

Also i thought it'd be cool if there was a blueprint shop for some guns, and then you have to buy the blueprint and take it to a blacksmith, gather the parts, then make the gun.

Idk, seems alittle bit to like.. old timed/Role-play i guess but it'd be kinda fun i guess.

Supaman771 06-17-2010 12:07 AM

Gunsmithing skill, the higher your level the better % you have to successfully make it, and you can make new guns every few levels.

Level 100 = Mp5 with like .01% chance

Robocop300 06-17-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1582364)
Gunsmithing skill, the higher your level the better % you have to successfully make it, and you can make new guns every few levels.

Level 100 = Mp5 with like .01% chance

This.

Why not make it, also, so that certain things can become better with time, sort of a skill factor in a lot of what you do. A bit of an RPG element, only a hidden one.

For example:

as a start - AK-47 will begin with high freeze, slower fire rate, and quite a bit of spread (too much to be a good thing).

Make it so that as players play with a weapon, they have a hidden mastery level so that the weapon they use can reach a point of actually being good as the player him or herself gets better using x weapon.

So basically by the end of its complete mastery, the AK-47 end up with a lower freeze/recoil in this case, and a fire-rate that accurately matches the guns limits.

Fulg0reSama 06-17-2010 07:45 AM

Uh isn't there a store full of gun parts? or some gun parts at least like barrels n ****?

Robocop300 06-17-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1582411)
Uh isn't there a store full of gun parts? or some gun parts at least like barrels n ****?

Yeah, but it doesn't serve any purpose to regular players. It'd be cool if you could use those parts in exchange to build yourself a weapon at the weapon shop or something so it makes the player much more involved than just paying cash up front.

But like Swift had said, it might be even better to have that ability used by players in like underground weapon shops throughout the sewer, each with their own specific weapon, a collection of materials needed for em, and a percentage rate of success accounted for by the amount of your "gunsmith" level and just a base rate of success given on whatever weapon that underground shop offers.

-------------

But back to the original question, that store only really serves purpose for the businesses. It's used for stocking certain weapons, but other than that, it doesn't do anything for the rest of the players.

DustyPorViva 06-17-2010 08:45 AM

Maybe you can get a little more graphical with the gun stats(radar chart):
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/re...ltiradar_g.png

Seeya 06-17-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1582421)
Maybe you can get a little more graphical with the gun stats(radar chart):
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/re...ltiradar_g.png

I like the idea, but what would reliability/safety/comfort be?

Demisis_P2P 06-17-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeya (Post 1582457)
I like the idea, but what would reliability/safety/comfort be?

Nothing. You would relabel them with the existing stats.

Using an individual bar for each stat is much easier though, and is simpler for everyone to understand.

KrimsonSky 06-17-2010 02:16 PM

I Might actually come back O.o ... seems like some interesting stuff is going on.

Robocop300 06-17-2010 06:39 PM

Interesting discussion, but not really much of anything just yet.

It's just a thought. The ability to make players gradually test the limits of a weapon as they get better with it makes it so that a player can spend more time with a gun rather than just making Era the current trading/market game it is now (barely anyone actually plays for the intended PK-ing purpose, half of Era spends its time on 'unstick me' playing on instruments and sending messages to other players about trading weapons.

One thing that could be done to help equalize just playing with a weapon all day, or shooting at a blank wall, is give some small goals that must be met with the gun to reach the next level.
I.e: kill 5 people using only AK-47 to reach next level of efficiency.