Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Bugs and improvements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Suggestions thread (Formerly: We're listening...) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134256528)

Old_Days 12-10-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn (Post 1543607)
If i had one of those sewer houses, I wouldn't like having it because it is close to unstick me.

I would like having a house to sit down and store my items.

Yeah well to be honest I shouldve bought a SR house, but belive it or not they do get boring unless its some mystical wonderland with like 20 levels.

I also think for this new Era that there should be like a list you can pull up where people can put their events up, and people join their events, and basically these "events" would be a warp to their house for whatever reason they want.

Lets say i wanted to have a house party, then I would go to the events list, type the name of what it is, type a description, pay like 500 bucks, then hit ok. Boom a bunch of players come to my house for whatever reason now.

CharlieM 12-11-2009 12:36 AM

hotkeys plz

Old_Days 12-12-2009 07:59 AM

I think Era should have a large system of caves for the mines, like a cave gmap.

Elk 12-12-2009 01:28 PM

solve the playermarket problem
people earning money with trading is ridiculous and not server friendly, also destroys the community because all players just want to sell weapons
someday nobody wants to buy anything anymore

you need an infrastructure or so

Herb_P2P 12-12-2009 01:49 PM

I'd like to see another Twee >_<

LordSquirt 12-12-2009 03:45 PM

I want Dippin' Donuts to sell jelly donuts!

LoStSuRfEr1 12-12-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elk (Post 1543878)
solve the playermarket problem
people earning money with trading is ridiculous and not server friendly, also destroys the community because all players just want to sell weapons
someday nobody wants to buy anything anymore

you need an infrastructure or so

i concur

Venom_Fish 12-13-2009 10:07 PM

Make the new tileselt, you've been at 0% completion for months now.

salesman 12-13-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_Fish (Post 1544186)
Make the new tileselt, you've been at 0% completion for months now.

Our biggest problem has been trying to find a competent artist who would actually be willing to take on the task. We've recently hired a new staff member (Luke) and might have a second one to help out soon, as well.

The tileset is a top priority, but it is not the only priority. There is still much development in other areas that needs to be done, so the tileset hasn't set us back as far as overall development goes. If it had been finished "months" ago, we would still be waiting on other things before being able to use it publicly anyways.

Old_Days 12-14-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesman (Post 1544189)

The tileset is a top priority, but it is not the only priority. There is still much development in other areas that needs to be done, so the tileset hasn't set us back as far as overall development goes. If it had been finished "months" ago, we would still be waiting on other things before being able to use it publicly anyways.

But why is it such a top priority? I know having a new tileset would be very nice, but I would truly hope you guys dont hold back the release of new Era.

To me, I dont think a bunch of new pretty pictures made on the tileset is going to change the gameplay that much, a top priority in my opinion would be to get a bunch of kick ass systems done. Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.

salesman 12-14-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Days (Post 1544207)
But why is it such a top priority? I know having a new tileset would be very nice, but I would truly hope you guys dont hold back the release of new Era.

To me, I dont think a bunch of new pretty pictures made on the tileset is going to change the gameplay that much, a top priority in my opinion would be to get a bunch of kick ass systems done. Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.

Chris and I are not artists, so our time is spent on kick ass systems.

Dnegel 12-14-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Days (Post 1544207)
Then after the whole basis of that is done, make all the gmap-levels-etc, with the old tileset. At this point you guys could let players on, then update the tileset as players are playing the new Era.

I agree with this, new Era should build up more and more like when first Era came. There would also be many updates each day, something fresh each day is nice to see. :)

Sinkler 12-15-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnegel (Post 1544283)
I agree with this, new Era should build up more and more like when first Era came. There would also be many updates each day, something fresh each day is nice to see. :)

Easier said than done.

Old_Days 12-15-2009 01:54 AM

Not really, all they have to do is put their nose to the grind, Im sure people arent going to prosecute staff if they dont have a tileset at the moment.

I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.

Demisis_P2P 12-15-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Days (Post 1544382)
Not really, all they have to do is put their nose to the grind, Im sure people arent going to prosecute staff if they dont have a tileset at the moment.

I dont know about you but Id just like to get onto the new server, then ill worry about how pretty the pictures are, its the gameplay that counts.

He means because of technical limitations, not because of how much work it'll take.