Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bomy Island Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Our Current Progress (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260677)

Geno 01-02-2011 11:10 PM

where is karsh at when you need him? he was quite the gani master.

DustyPorViva 01-02-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 1619806)
where is karsh at when you need him? he was quite the gani master.

It's not hard to make ganis, but it was a lot more time consuming. There were 20+ sprites you had to manipulate per FRAME per DIRECTION just to make a gani. Where with default you move the body, head, shield, and hat around... this had you needing to move the body, head, hair, hat, undershirt, sleeves, shield, overshirt, mask, backpack, shoes... and a lot more. It's a test of patience more than skill.

Geno 01-02-2011 11:35 PM

I still stick by my statement. Karsh made more ganis than anyone i know. even if it was just because he had the time, he was the best, hell i'm pretty sure he was like a gani admin or something.

konidias 01-03-2011 01:51 AM

If the gani editor had a way to parent things then the task of making ganis out of my character graphics would be a whole lot easier. I actually think at one point I had someone working on a custom gani editor with new features. Technically speaking, the gani editor that comes with Graal isn't all that hard to program. It's basically just taking data from the text file and displaying it on the screen. So to make your own version that would actually save real working gani files wouldn't be that difficult for anyone with only a bit of programming knowledge.

DustyPorViva 01-03-2011 01:55 AM

Graal does have a way to attach sprites to a parent in ganis, but I'm not sure how you do it. GK and Zone use those methods in their ganis, but again it's not a tool in the editor and as far as I know you have to write it out by hand.

ffcmike 01-03-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konidias (Post 1619870)
If the gani editor had a way to parent things then the task of making ganis out of my character graphics would be a whole lot easier. I actually think at one point I had someone working on a custom gani editor with new features. Technically speaking, the gani editor that comes with Graal isn't all that hard to program. It's basically just taking data from the text file and displaying it on the screen. So to make your own version that would actually save real working gani files wouldn't be that difficult for anyone with only a bit of programming knowledge.

There is a way to attach sprites together so that placing one places them all, and their positions within the editor all move in sync, if I haven't misunderstood what you mean.

It can be done within a text editor like this:

ATTACHSPRITE spriteindex1 spriteindex2 xoffset yoffset

spritendex1 being the parent sprite with index2 joining onto it at the specified offsets.

konidias 01-03-2011 02:01 AM

I might be mistaken because I haven't been around in years, but I remember attachsprite was only good if the sprite being attached was going to face one direction only... or maybe not, I don't remember. I just remember that attachsprite wasn't a solution to this type of problem.

ffcmike 01-03-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konidias (Post 1619876)
I might be mistaken because I haven't been around in years, but I remember attachsprite was only good if the sprite being attached was going to face one direction only... or maybe not, I don't remember. I just remember that attachsprite wasn't a solution to this type of problem.

I wouldn't know if this may have been different in the past but we have it used within the main player ganis on Classic for keeping heads intact with hats where there is an attachsprite for each different directional part.

Alure1316 01-03-2011 06:21 AM

MaximusAsinus for GS1

CheeToS2 01-03-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konidias (Post 1619870)

I was making a gani editor, but it was of my own accord. And attachsprite isn't only for single directions.

Aknts 01-03-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1619396)
I care who has the levels because those levels represent a lot of hard work and allowing the levels to be thrown around would imply that I don't care about the project, which is certainly not the case. I think it is safe to say that people would be upset if I started posting backups of playerworlds!

As someone who built a lot of levels for Graal2001, I couldn't care less if someone had them. I am not saying you should just hand them out; I'm simply saying that I don't see the big deal. I mean what the hell are they going to do with them? As long as they know they can't be used anywhere other than on Graal2001.

Skyld 01-03-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknts (Post 1620068)
As long as they know they can't be used anywhere other than on Graal2001.

This is Graal. People do not know that. In my time as a global I have dealt with so many playerworlds that steal graphics, levels or even whole backups and upload them onto their server. :/

Aknts 01-03-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1620072)
This is Graal. People do not know that. In my time as a global I have dealt with so many playerworlds that steal graphics, levels or even whole backups and upload them onto their server. :/

I guess you're right. People did that as far back as I can remember.

Geno 01-04-2011 12:38 AM

as global staff you get to pick what servers get to go public. so uploading stolen stuff dosen't matter cause you guys will never let it go public, just sayin

Birdo13 01-04-2011 02:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 1618712)
Good news is coming. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Here's another random screenshot.

Wheres this good news at?
Here's another random screenshot. ;)