Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bomy Island Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Graal2001 is Moving Forward Again (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261568)

Astram 02-26-2011 05:51 PM

Can't wait :)

Geno 02-26-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astram (Post 1633364)
Can't wait :)

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1633327)
no, and GDT is dead too, the only reason it's still around is because they ignored ben's request to have it disbanded.

niiiiice

Geno 03-06-2011 11:43 PM

Lance pops in with beautiful promises then just leaves us high n dry :<

gravator 03-07-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 1634964)
Lance pops in with beautiful promises then just leaves us high n dry :<

He may have to rescript everything from square one because it's either...

1) Done using an outdated style scripting.

2) Messy and not worth using what several other managers have tried to string together.

3) Not up to the standards that only Lance knows about for some odd reason.

Lets wait for 5 years for him to tell us "things are being worked on." before we bother him again. :D

Crono 03-07-2011 11:19 PM

osnap

xAndrewx 03-07-2011 11:22 PM

what does this mean!!!

fowlplay4 03-07-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAndrewx (Post 1635115)
what does this mean!!!

That G2K1 efforts will continue to never be seen.

Shards-Of-Fate 03-08-2011 12:35 AM

G2k xi

James 03-08-2011 02:04 AM

rip :cry::cry:

Geno 03-08-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravator (Post 1635113)
He may have to rescript everything from square one because it's either...

1) Done using an outdated style scripting.

2) Messy and not worth using what several other managers have tried to string together.

3) Not up to the standards that only Lance knows about for some odd reason.

Lets wait for 5 years for him to tell us "things are being worked on." before we bother him again. :D

2k1 is outdated because it is 10 years old. i still think it was thebomb.com
all managers and devs, including what i did, could never amount to what birdbird/koni/other ballers did.
Lance has a good heart but it truly did die when birdbird left :(

boom :(.

ffcmike 03-08-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 1635173)
2k1 is outdated because it is 10 years old.

It's primarily the scripting and possibly general standards that are out-dated, not the concept.

gravator 03-08-2011 05:02 AM

General standards? Koni put out what seem to me like very impressive graphics, in the meantime servers like zodiac have the spotlight with much less on visuals, and i'm certain scripting can be used well enough since you show your skills with it on classic.

I'm sure someone would agree, just get creative with the graphics, like you did on classic (proper shadows on the bushes/signs when you throw them) Something similar to atlantis with the gralats being changed (it does not have to be just like theirs, but change it somehow, it would be new and probably welcome by lots of players) and many other small ideas that could bring a new look to an old but well liked server.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, get feedback and show little bits of your work here and there like atlantis does, nobody can steal it if they wanted unless the want to get into trouble for using graphics limited to one server.

MrOmega 03-08-2011 05:26 AM

This may mean nothing or just go unnoticed, but if an issue is broken scripts or GS1 scripts, I will gladly help convert and update scripts to current standards of Graal Script 2.

Geno 03-08-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1635178)
It's primarily the scripting and possibly general standards that are out-dated, not the concept.

if the scripts worked back then how do they not work now ?_?, maybe they don't work with the new client :0?

i miss a server with a booming economy with an equally booming kingdom sector. perfect mix :F

people would kill for a white gangster hat...and for a bomy. people would work 100's of hours for stupid items/status....it was so great QQ.

birdbird was the original engine of incorporating lights into levels, visual feasts...he truly mastered it more so than any developer, to this day nobody can make a a level/map/whatever shine like that fool could.

Kamaeru 03-08-2011 09:07 PM

A lot of people are militant against Graal2001's birdbird style in this day, though.
Go talk to Rufus about that.

Anyway, I can verify that almost everything works on Graal2001 right now.
I think that it is all scripted in an older style and language. But it all works exactly the same as it did the last time anyone stepped foot on Graal2001. It actually works the same as it did when the server was on the serverlist and slowly dwindling.

You can:
-farm apples
-rent a market stand
-mine
-ride the train (which works perfectly well but needs touching up)
-bake bread
-ski
-kart racing works same as ever
-play hockey
-play kingdoms event
(all the events pretty much work I believe)
-fish quest works
-zalactic labs is in ship shape
-you can still use the fireworks you get in the slums
-i bought all the musical instruments and tried them out. they could use updated sound effects

you can't:
-ride the boat at silverstun's sea
-go to dustari (lance seems to have made it so that you get disconnected over and over if you go there. i actually am stuck because of this and can't log in)
-go to Zormite (this location seems kinda screwed)

If anyone is wondering about the state of anything else I could tell you.
Basically if the old code is used, then the game is near completion. If new code is to be implemented then my guess is that I would probably need to pay someone before that seems like a possibility (which I would consider).