Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Classic Discontinued (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134267823)

racil 02-03-2013 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1712908)
i agree, classic should of been mixed with purple to attract a more urban crowd.

Attachment 55318

gotenks725 02-03-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racil (Post 1713098)

Lmao Racil..
I guess there is no point in trying to log in between crap irl anymore...

-Ramirez- 02-03-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD (Post 1713094)
and it would be hard to pinpoint exactly what caused it all.

Yes, it's very hard to see the removal of free to play, the failed NPC server transition, and overall population decline on all of Graal as the causes.

Bell 02-06-2013 10:55 PM

I know this doesn't mean much but I would like to thank both Thor and Racil for their dedication and hard work. I know firsthand what a monumental task it was and both still tried against all odds. I'm going to miss my home and the one place I truly belonged but I know in my heart they made the right choice under the circumstances.

Don't worry Ranger, I'm not going to force you to become the new manager........ yet.

Hiro 02-06-2013 11:23 PM

lol

Pandar 02-07-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1713271)
I know this doesn't mean much but I would like to thank both Thor and Racil for their dedication and hard work. I know firsthand what a monumental task it was and both still tried against all odds. I'm going to miss my home and the one place I truly belonged but I know in my heart they made the right choice under the circumstances.

Don't worry Ranger, I'm not going to force you to become the new manager........ yet.

said the only authoritative figure in Graal's entire cabinet of globals that gives a single **** about what goes on on PC now.

Tim_Rocks 02-07-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1713271)

We shall battle on Era with bamboo's and knives!

lostmypassword 02-07-2013 08:18 AM

Rest in peace, real classic. I kept checking back over the years, hoping, and waiting. I'm sad that it comes to this, when all it would take is just the TINIEST bit of heart from someone with the power to do something.

Scoper 02-09-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1713057)
I'll be brutally honest with the view I've had for quite a long time now on this. My thoughts on this are that since iPhone is proving to be the better outcome for Stefan and his lot, they're leaving developers to die out bit by bit and to deal with stupid things like Observer Mode and ridiculous subscription structures hoping that one day they'll check back here and see that we've all up and quit so they can finally announce that there will be no more support at all given to the PC version of Graal. Not that we're getting any support as it is, but make it official and blame it on lack of interest from players.

That's honestly how I feel and don't think they're going to extend us an olive branch of any kind. Not to players, not to developers, not even to the global administration teams.

I like to think, based on their poorly worded user agreement, that should they ever decide they no longer want to support PC, they would just man up and say "you're screwed, users! It was fun taking your money"

IMO, PC has become a breeding ground for developers, even as they die off in droves. The ones that stay stupidly dedicated sometimes migrate to iServers, which is probably the main goal now.

ffcmike 02-09-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoper (Post 1713337)
IMO, PC has become a breeding ground for developers, even as they die off in droves. The ones that stay stupidly dedicated sometimes migrate to iServers, which is probably the main goal now.

This is exactly how I see it too. If developers didn't have to put up with PC Graal being an unsupported game with a pricing & restriction strategy which is akin to sabotage, the Stefan-led server ports (with such awesome cliff tiles :blush:) would not have as much leeway when it comes to significant unpaid development work.

In a way it makes sense though I'm sure if PC Graal was properly nurtured it would have more of a beneficial effect in the long run. Accomplished coders aren't becoming more common when the vast majority of aspiring developers have to re-upgrade constantly.

(No reason this thread should be closed whoever did that)