Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Can we phase out v5 yet? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134265691)

cbk1994 04-17-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1692304)
Not until text controls aren't grabbing input at 20fps.

Do you mean ones inside external windows?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1677386)
External windows are framebuffers. They are redrawn only when necessary, unlike the game window.

I agree that they don't feel native (although they are plenty fast, at least on Mac). I wish Stefan would use some native code for them instead of just using a poor mockery of native controls through some half-assed WBA theme. I think the opinion of the players is pretty clear.

DustyPorViva 04-17-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1692309)
Do you mean ones inside external windows?

I agree that they don't feel native (although they are plenty fast, at least on Mac). I wish Stefan would use some native code for them instead of just using a poor mockery of native controls through some half-assed WBA theme. I think the opinion of the players is pretty clear.

Window version doesn't feel fast at all, you can even tell when highlighting and such. It's definitely not even close to native and in fact feels like it's being processed at the games frame rate(20fps).

cbk1994 04-17-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1692310)
Window version doesn't feel fast at all, you can even tell when highlighting and such. It's definitely not even close to native and in fact feels like it's being processed at the games frame rate(20fps).

Odd, highlighting feels almost completely normal on Mac. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I think it's about time for a client update.

DustyPorViva 04-17-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1692314)
Odd, highlighting feels almost completely normal on Mac. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I think it's about time for a client update.

At first I tried to record and compare between v6 and OS text controls, but between Camtasia only recording 30fps and my inability to slow it down that was a no go. But while I was watching the recorded video I was able to cap a frame that shows just how behind the text controls can be:
http://i.imgur.com/LzfjT.png

salesman 04-17-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 1692296)
You act like this is new, Skyld set your rights and your folders got erased. He also explained to us (with you), that someone touched the client rc and now its ****ed.

You act like he didn't post that two months ago.

MysticalDragon 04-17-2012 04:04 AM

I don't know and could careless.

fowlplay4 04-17-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1692315)
At first I tried to record and compare between v6 and OS text controls, but between Camtasia only recording 30fps and my inability to slow it down that was a no go. But while I was watching the recorded video I was able to cap a frame that shows just how behind the text controls can be:

The worse part is when you release the button outside the window, and your highlighted section messes up completely when your mouse enters the window. I've also had the same issue prevent me from typing past a highlighted section.

It's just an overall painful experience and why I'll never use internal RC beyond basic RC chat.

DustyPorViva 04-17-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1692322)
The worse part is when you release the button outside the window, and your highlighted section messes up completely when your mouse enters the window. I've also had the same issue prevent me from typing past a highlighted section.

It's just an overall painful experience and why I'll never use internal RC beyond basic RC chat.

Ya that is definitely the biggest problem currently. It makes it highlighting way more trouble than it ever should be.

Troku 04-24-2012 04:33 AM

The thing I hate most about v6 is that you either have to have the player list in game covering part of the window, or you have it outside the game and counting as a second window on the windows start bar, which is infuriating. I want one graal button on my start bar, and I want my out-of-game playerlist to stay up whenever I have the game up. The v6 out of game playerlist acts as a secondary window that doesn't have to be up when the game is. You have to mouse over the root and then click the playerlist.

Frustrating.

V5
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/439516/Graal/example.jpg

V6
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/439516/Graal/example2.jpg

Wolfey 04-26-2012 11:28 PM

V6 freezes way to much for my liking...
30 Minutes is the max amount of time I can play graal on V6 on any server...

Not a comp issue, I can run GW1 & GW2(beta) at max settings with Graal V5, RC, & Graal Editor & itunes running at the same time with no problems at all.

xXziroXx 04-26-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfey (Post 1693096)
Not a comp issue

If your computer can't handle v6 (or Graal in general), then yes, it is a computer issue in one way or another.

DustyPorViva 04-27-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1693103)
If your computer can't handle v6 (or Graal in general), then yes, it is a computer issue in one way or another.

I think he means it's not a problem on his end. Which it still kind of is... but more importantly it means it's v6's problem.

xXziroXx 04-27-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1693105)
I think he means it's not a problem on his end. Which it still kind of is... but more importantly it means it's v6's problem.

It might mean that v6 has higher performance requirements than v5, but it's still a problem on his end. Doesn't matter if other games run better or not, considering all games have different hardware requirements. What's required to run GW at a high level might not be the same things that Graal requires the most of.

I haven't heard anything about v6 having increased performance requirements, other than from the usual bunch that seems to expect Graal to run smoothly on their laptops from 2000.

DustyPorViva 04-27-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1693106)
It might mean that v6 has higher performance requirements than v5, but it's still a problem on his end. Doesn't matter if other games run better or not, considering all games have different hardware requirements. What's required to run GW at a high level might not be the same things that Graal requires the most of.

I haven't heard anything about v6 having increased performance requirements, other than from the usual bunch that seems to expect Graal to run smoothly on their laptops from 2000.

Typically any other high-end game will tax all the specs of a computer. So ya, if other games all run fine(including v5) except v6 then it's safe to assume that maybe v6 is the culprit. It's not like say, GW is only pushing his gpu to the limit. Sure other games have various specs, but should v6 really need higher specs than many other games on the current market? I don't think it should.

xXziroXx 04-27-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1693108)
Typically any other high-end game will tax all the specs of a computer. So ya, if other games all run fine(including v5) except v6 then it's safe to assume that maybe v6 is the culprit. It's not like say, GW is only pushing his gpu to the limit. Sure other games have various specs, but should v6 really need higher specs than many other games on the current market? I don't think it should.

Maybe not, but considering the lack of complaints there's been on v6 performance, I think it's safe to say that something on his end is the culprit.