Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Future Expectations? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262806)

smirt362 04-14-2011 04:43 AM

I can't really decide, I've heard so little about what's going on with v6.

What would really help us? Masking effects!

Devil_Lord2 04-14-2011 05:45 AM

MattKan, right on point. :C I honestly couldn't say it any shorter. ;]
Probably take a paragraph of examples. Anyway, agree with you also.

Crono 04-14-2011 05:51 AM

you know, i dont usually do this but im gonna have to disagree with mattkan about stefan and unixmad not caring about graal. if they didnt care, v6 wouldn't be in the works and stefan wouldn't be asking for feedback from the community.

the bigger problem is that both can be rather stubborn and just dont listen to the community when they dont want to. its their game so fair enough, but a lot of what we've been chiming over the years has been right. :/

Shards-Of-Fate 04-14-2011 06:16 AM

You know what, **** it, I'll be ask this question.

What can we as developers do to help make graal a better "product"?

Devil_Lord2 04-14-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shards-Of-Fate (Post 1643210)
You know what, **** it, I'll be ask this question.

What can we as developers do to help make graal a better "product"?

Well, for starters, working together would be helpful. However, so many servers fail, most of the good DEVs don't want to help smaller servers. ^.^.

I'd probably do the same...

WanDaMan 04-14-2011 01:38 PM

Contributing towards to the so-called "slow death of graal"; get of your ass and develop something beautiful - we don't get paid and never have for our material and if a server such as G2k1 can establish something so magnificent with it's development being 10 years ago I'm confident in the future of PC graal with the updates over the years.

Crono 04-14-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanDaMan (Post 1643260)
Contributing towards to the so-called "slow death of graal"; get of your ass and develop something beautiful - we don't get paid and never have for our material and if a server such as G2k1 can establish something so magnificent with it's development being 10 years ago I'm confident in the future of PC graal with the updates over the years.

Except, you know, 10 years ago expectations were lower...and we had more developers...and Stefan worked on it.

I just wish GATs that still play Graal would stop wasting their time ADDing through a million unfinished projects and just help the public ones. Lately I find myself trying to do new things level wise but hit a brick wall because I have no one to make my tiles.

Galdor 04-14-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1643261)
I just wish GATs that still play Graal would stop wasting their time ADDing through a million unfinished projects and just help the public ones. Lately I find myself trying to do new things level wise but hit a brick wall because I have no one to make my tiles.

They would do that if the current public servers didn't suck ass, I guess thats why they try to make something new and exciting ^^
to bad it takes so damn much effort to make a server and the skilled developers that still plays graal are few and we don't really get a steady flow of new skilled developers to graal as you have to pay to dev :P

ffcmike 04-14-2011 05:36 PM

I've been a pretty big critic of Graal's handling for quite a while now, but having spoken to Stefan a couple of days ago, I have to say that provided his plans aren't empty promises the future of Graal isn't anywhere near as bleak as many including myself have imagined.

I can't help thinking that with a greater level of communication towards the dev + player community as to what the plans are, everyone would be alot more supportive.
But the way it's been, we've more or less been left in the dark for years.
It's under these circumstances that it's very easy to feel as if PC Graal is being neglected.

My advise is that even though the recent news may seem like a kick to the teeth of those that have stood by Graal for years, it's not really worth sitting around feeling sorry for ourself over it.
It's a sad reality, but PC Graal is always going to be the player's responsibility to Develop. Hopefully Stefan's intentions as to how this can play out will come to light sooner rather than later, as I think it would spur more developers into action.

Crono 04-14-2011 06:05 PM

hey thor...

http://media.gdgt.com/img/product/23...4-23yt-460.jpg

Soala 04-14-2011 07:04 PM

I like how Stefan himself voted the best option for Graal. Let's hope he's confident enough to make the changes happen.

BigBear3 04-14-2011 09:05 PM

http://www.techchee.com/wp-content/u...ntendo-3ds.jpg

Graal should be on this bad boy. Would be so cooool!

Galdor 04-14-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBear3 (Post 1643334)
http://www.techchee.com/wp-content/u...ntendo-3ds.jpg

Graal on this bad boy would be so cooool!

uhh... no :P
but this is epic Click ME :D

Inverness 04-15-2011 04:25 AM

I think Graal is dieing a slow death due to lack of proper attention. I still think that things could turn around though if the right steps were taken.

Devil_Lord2 04-15-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1643416)
I think Graal is dieing a slow death due to lack of proper attention. I still think that things could turn around though if the right steps were taken.

Agreed, and with that stated, people should come to the game server and help out to make something wonderful. ^.^;

I can promise it will be nothing like most have seen before on Graal.
Or at least the movement system is slightly different. >.>;

However, it won't progress far without NATs helping to develop games..
I've spent three days trying to make blackjack... semi done I think x.x; lol
the cards show, move.. such.. just need to redo the positions or think of another way to get them to their spots lol..

I put in on hold to make the movement system, and avatar.. I'd like to be able to post under the new server spot but actually have something to show x.x; The program I use to make my graphics has a new interface and is taking me longer then I expected..

-EDIT-
As I am the only who will be doing graphics, I can't promise many avatars.. possibly 8 skins, a few heads lol