Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal iPhone/iPod: Will be released on Apple AppStore! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80418)

cbk1994 07-30-2008 03:07 AM

I agree, the accelerometer controls are horrible. Some games it works perfectly (Super Monkey Ball ^^), so it is definitely Graal.

excaliber7388 07-30-2008 06:51 AM

Oh my god.
This game is far from finished.
Complaints:
-Controls are atrocious. There should be options, or at least calibration.
-Takes a while to load
-Glitchy

It shows some potential, but it's not done yet.
I took some better screenshots with xcode, but it's really not worth it to post it.

Switch 07-30-2008 07:06 AM

Accelerometer has to be less intense... You can barely stand still!

oo_jazz_oo 07-30-2008 07:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow....we waited this long...for this!? Omg, i dont even know where to start...I am very dissapointed in this. =/
The controls are horrible, the lag....oh god the lag.
I tilt the thing up and he barely walks, then suddenly takes off running, then slowly crawls, then goes really fast....wtf?
The attacking is just....awefull.
I dont know what else to say...
Screenshots anyone? ^_^ (On the first pic...snow on the crates...inside...makes so much sense)

Admins 07-31-2008 01:16 AM

There is snow on the crates because it's the dropship for the snow map, people are warping there with snow on their shoes... The same as on normal Zone Iricia map :D

Apple was rejecting Graal Zone, so we were focussing on improving the card games, then they suddenly approved Zone... We were working on several different movement methods, will try to replace/make it an option what you can use. The official launch party for the multiplayer map will be on August 10 (if everything runs as planned this time).

Switch 07-31-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1410112)
Apple was rejecting Graal Zone, so we were focussing on improving the card games, then they suddenly approved Zone... We were working on several different movement methods, will try to replace/make it an option what you can use.

Or less intensity !pissed!
Quote:

The official launch party for the multiplayer map will be on August 10 (if everything runs as planned this time).
Then why does it say "Friday" and "this weekend"? :p

cbk1994 07-31-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

There is snow on the crates because it's the dropship for the snow map, people are warping there with snow on their shoes... The same as on normal Zone Iricia map :D

Apple was rejecting Graal Zone, so we were focussing on improving the card games, then they suddenly approved Zone... We were working on several different movement methods, will try to replace/make it an option what you can use. The official launch party for the multiplayer map will be on August 10 (if everything runs as planned this time).

Can you make it possible to talk? x_x

Shadow5596321 07-31-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1410114)
Can you make it possible to talk? x_x

That would be nice.

xAzerothx 07-31-2008 02:34 AM

The games from the Games world would be pretty nice.

excaliber7388 07-31-2008 03:13 AM

Quote:

Don't forget multi-touch. Also, you can put a little "i" in the corner, allowing the menu to flip for options. Pause by a motion maybe? Tap anywhere to shoot, switch weapons with a gesture or menu pull down? Something. Tap anywhere but the player (as tapping yourself would pull up a keyboard for typing.
Also, calibration is very important.

grawlgamer 07-31-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1404829)
Pay for both an xbox live account and a graal account?
Must be nice to have all that cash. :p

Actually you don't need xbox live to buy an arcade game, or play it, unless its against other people, and if they made it free it would possibly draw in players, and if it had a cost it still wouldn't require live, just microsoft points.

Spark910 07-31-2008 05:15 PM

I love the cynical graal player's review on the store, compared to everyone else who is impressed - as they should be with what is there.

I personally would prefer it if there were directional buttons to press (could have up and down on one side, and left and right on the other) because I'm not a big fan of tilting.

Perhaps tilting could be used for other things, such as away from you to fire/shoot, to the left or right to show scores or something else.

I think something as important as movement should be kept simple with buttons!

excaliber7388 07-31-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark910 (Post 1410248)
I love the cynical graal player's review on the store, compared to everyone else who is impressed - as they should be with what is there.

I personally would prefer it if there were directional buttons to press (could have up and down on one side, and left and right on the other) because I'm not a big fan of tilting.

Perhaps tilting could be used for other things, such as away from you to fire/shoot, to the left or right to show scores or something else.

I think something as important as movement should be kept simple with buttons!

If the tilt was calibrated, it wouldn't be so bad. There needs to be an option to use a calibrated motion sensor, or buttons, as you said.
I'm actually looking at it not from a graal player's perspective, but from someone who has a lot of iPod apps :p

Spark910 07-31-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excaliber7388 (Post 1410277)
If the tilt was calibrated, it wouldn't be so bad. There needs to be an option to use a calibrated motion sensor, or buttons, as you said.
I'm actually looking at it not from a graal player's perspective, but from someone who has a lot of iPod apps :p

My only issue is it is annoying to rotate, especially if you are in a surrounding where light is either not good or constantly changing.

zwr 07-31-2008 10:26 PM

I want to try too =(
the store only shows zone+ for me and won't even let me buy it :(