Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Global Development Team? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87453)

Gambet 08-26-2009 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteDragon (Post 1518552)
Just wondering, is Skyld really not going to be involved in this?

Not many top-tier developers are active anymore. Tig starts college this semester so I would expect his priorities to be elsewhere, and Skyld hasn't been very active since rejoining the global team. I understand their situatons so I'm not going to complain about it, they have their own lives to worry about.

salesman 08-26-2009 04:54 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't like that it's left to unpaid volunteers to do the work that should have already been done by Graal Online? I know we now consider Graal a development platform, but that doesn't mean paying developers should need to write their own documentation and tutorials -- that's the kind of stuff our money should be going toward.

I like what you guys are doing, and I'm definitely not trying to stop you...I think it's really nice that someone is finally taking the initiative to get these things done, but in my honest opinion, this team is the kind of thing that needed to be done for us, not by us.

I felt compelled to say something after reading 13 pages of nobody acknowledging that it's disappointing that Graal's customers are left to do this for themselves.

I really hope that this team gets some support from Stefan or Skyld. Good luck to you.

Ronnie 08-26-2009 05:01 AM

I'm willing to help,
Scripting
Gani
Gfx(A bit)
Leveling
SFX
And classic subscription.

SwimChao 08-26-2009 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesman (Post 1518565)
Am I the only one who doesn't like that it's left to unpaid volunteers to do the work that should have already been done by Graal Online? I know we now consider Graal a development platform, but that doesn't mean paying developers should need to write their own documentation and tutorials -- that's the kind of stuff our money should be going toward.

I like what you guys are doing, and I'm definitely not trying to stop you...I think it's really nice that someone is finally taking the initiative to get these things done, but in my honest opinion, this team is the kind of thing that needed to be done for us, not by us.

I felt compelled to say something after reading 13 pages of nobody acknowledging that it's disappointing that Graal's customers are left to do this for themselves.

I really hope that this team gets some support from Stefan or Skyld. Good luck to you.

I agree with this. There are some members of the community willing to do these sorts of things for no cost, because they enjoy them. It's either that, or they enjoy beneficial things being done for the game.

I think that money should have been put out to get this sort of stuff professionally done, but I don't see it happening.

Edit to avoid 2x posting: I also applied to join. It'd be an exciting change to be able to make some (hopefully) positive impact for the dev. aspect of the game.

Hiro 08-26-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

because we already had many threads about it, and still have some threads with that topic being at the core

it's one of those topics we can't actually discuss but we kind of fill it in here and there when it can be relevant

Seich 08-26-2009 06:31 AM

^^ I am glad I will be able to do my part to help graal. I already applied.

btw, My fields of choice would probably be GANIing and Scripting :] although I do perform other fields these are the ones I am more confident in or I enjoy the most.

Crono 08-26-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

I know we now consider Graal a development platform

No we don't. Also, some people are saying stuff like "IM GLAD 2 BE HELPING GRAAL OUT" when they could be equally helping out doing whatever dev work they were doing before. I think the biggest "problem" with the GDT is that it doesn't work like the old global development (GST, GGT) positions worked. Oh, and I disagree with some of the GDT member's ranks.

Inverness 08-26-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1518618)
I think the biggest "problem" with the GDT is that it doesn't work like the old global development (GST, GGT) positions worked.

Care to elaborate on that?

Crono 08-26-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1518622)
Care to elaborate on that?

Weren't ran by the PWA, were more free, and had more access.

Gothika 08-26-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1518494)
May I ask why you laugh at Scary_Sock? Keep in mind that I do not have personal experience with the many of these people nor do I know all their work. The only ones that have been accepted so far are those that I didn't need any further investigation done on.

Because from what I know of him, his attitude is bad.

Deas_Voice 08-26-2009 04:15 PM

i got gold and classic.

and i do scripting (among other things).

Draenin 08-26-2009 05:35 PM

I would be interested in hiring and project coordination, if the aim here is to work on community-benefit projects. Lately my interest has been on tools like in-client editors and such, which could definitely be worked into future RC client updates.

Soala 08-26-2009 06:08 PM

Just applied and got accepted :)
Cmon guys it's quite a nice way to improve graal.

Chompy 08-26-2009 06:36 PM

I've applied as well (:

WhiteDragon 08-26-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1518618)
No we don't.

I believe Stefan considers it a Development Platform.