Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Global Development Team? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87453)

Scary_Sock 08-24-2009 10:26 PM

Finally!

cyan3 08-24-2009 11:19 PM

I hope the team will be a success in boosting confidence in server project teams and improving the standards and quality of development.

Inverness 08-25-2009 01:10 AM

Hm, I feel like I should refine and clean up my NPC Dialog system to make it more suitable for release.

Edit: And if more scripts are going to be released by the GDT, it would really help if Stefan would add the eventcatching functionality to the clientside. Currently you can only catch dynamic (scripted) events on the serverside and it is annoying. Event catching promotes modularity in scripts because your system script can provide hooks in the form of events to be caught by GUI scripts and similar. This would allow the event catching can be done without making a scripted (slower) and non-standard implementation.

WhiteDragon 08-25-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1518265)
Edit: And if more scripts are going to be released by the GDT, it would really help if Stefan would add the eventcatching functionality to the clientside. Currently you can only catch dynamic (scripted) events on the serverside and it is annoying. Event catching promotes modularity in scripts because your system script can provide hooks in the form of events to be caught by GUI scripts and similar. This would allow the event catching can be done without making a scripted (slower) and non-standard implementation.

I agree 100% with this.

And it's good to see things getting done around here!

Chompy 08-25-2009 03:20 PM

Good to see that the team is being made, now just to get some good developers willing to help people, into it ^^

Deas_Voice 08-25-2009 06:21 PM

cool!
is it too late to be in the "core group"? i would love to join(or help or w/e u say).

Bell 08-26-2009 12:24 AM

I've compiled a list of those of you that have showed interest in joining so far. It includes your subscription status (for my own information basically) and your selected fields both primary and secondary if you have one. Since not all the information is complete could each of you let me know what I'm missing? I would also like any of you to let me know if one or more of these people should not be included in the team and why. If I've missed anyone interested include that as well.

Vulcan: -Classic- Scripter
fowlplay4: -Classic- scripter/levels
Elk: -Gold- GFX
SwimChao:-Classic- GFX/Gani's/levels
Scary_Sock: -gold- GFX
Switch: -Gold- Scripter/gani
Litter: -Gold- Scripter
WanDaMan:-Classic- gmap tutorials
alexandralove:-Gold-
Inverness: -Classic- scripting
Curt1zzle: -Classic-
Seich: -gold- Gani, script
Deas_Voice: -gold- scripting
zokemon: -Classic- scripting
Ronnie: -Classic- Scripting,Gani,SFX,levels,GFX
Draenin: -Gold- hiring and project coordination
Imperialistic: -Classic-Levels

Clockwork 08-26-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1518465)

Elk: -Gold- GFX

Elk's expressed on debug that he does not wish to join.
Quote:

fowlplay4: -Classic- scripter/levels

I've seen him say more than once that he cares for nothing other than zodiac. :p

SwimChao 08-26-2009 12:46 AM

Not sure if it's too late to put my name out there as well, and I'm also not sure how much time this sort of team would consume.

I have a pretty firm bg with pixeling/gfx with Graal.

Also, what about Managing a server at the same time? If this isn't possible just disregard this.

Edit: I have a classic account

Bell 08-26-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1518466)
Elk's expressed on debug that he does not wish to join.

I've seen him say more than once that he cares for nothing other than zodiac. :p

Then I wonder why he applied already. I thought it was only the females that were supposed to be so indecisive!

Bell 08-26-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwimChao (Post 1518468)
Not sure if it's too late to put my name out there as well, and I'm also not sure how much time this sort of team would consume.

I have a pretty firm bg with pixeling/gfx with Graal.

Also, what about Managing a server at the same time? If this isn't possible just disregard this.

fowlplay4 has joined and also manages Zodiac. If you feel you can do both thats fine. I don't think its going to be as labor intensive as running a server so it may actually give you a break or change in pace at times.

It will never actually be too late to join as this will be an open ended hiring. People will most likely always have time they can and can't help so the more people we have filling the various internal departments of sorts, the better chance of this working long term.

SwimChao 08-26-2009 12:53 AM

Well I'm willing to give it a swing. Can hopefully provide some help to understanding working with GFX on the game, and what not.

I agree it could be fun, and a good way to make a beneficial change for the game as a whole.

I can give a hand with GFX, Levels and Ganis if need be.

fowlplay4 08-26-2009 01:14 AM

It doesn't hurt to be part of a list of contacts, whom may have some say in situations.

SwimChao 08-26-2009 01:15 AM

This is true. :)

Gothika 08-26-2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

Scary_Sock: -gold- GFX

This makes me laugh.